Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Email already in use" message when trying to create new account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I recently deleted my Fitbit account because I could not figure out how to add a device and I decided to create a Fitbit account using the app so I can add the device, but when it came to creating the account it said "This email address is already in use with a different account" Please help.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Contact support and ask them to physically delete the old account. You may have to wait 48 hours after to create a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Keenu, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting started with your Fitbit Charge HR. Thanks for what you've already tried. I'd like to help you out.

In addition  to what @SunsetRunner suggeted, if you're just trying to create a new account because you were not able to set up your tracker before, you can try to do this on the same account. Just make sure to hit the "Log in" option instead of the Join Fitbit options. Make sure to use the same email address and password that you used originally. Now, the first thing you want to verify is that the phone that you're using to sync your Charge HR is compatible. You can see the list of compatible devices here.

Once you're in, you can proceed to set up your tracker as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope  this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to register a new device but I deleted my old acct  now I can't use my email address

Best Answer

how do i set up a new fitbit device when its telling me my email is already in use , which was my old fitbit.

Best Answer

I cannot connect my Fitbit device as it says "email already in use".  Haven't found a suitable answer yet

Best Answer

I need help with this please

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to add a device to your existing account. 

Choose the, I already have a fitbit account" and log into you fitbit account. 

To post here, you will need to have a fitbit account. 

The other way to add a tracker is to open the fitbit app. 

Tap on your profile picture. 

Tap Add Device. 

How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get ant help with this?

Best Answer