Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge not showing up under Bluetooth settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My charge will not show up under my Bluetooth settings so that I can connect it and sync it with my Fitbit app. I saw that someone posted to make sure notifications are enabled and they are. What do I do now?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, it probably won't. You need to add it directly through the app, not through the phone's Bluetooth menu.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

I saw that someone posted that you need to have notifications enabled in order for your charge to connect to bluetooth. I have already done that and it still will not show up and connect. I have tried turning bluetooth off and on so that it will pick it up and that doesnt work either.

Best Answer

No, it probably won't. You need to add it directly through the app, not through the phone's Bluetooth menu.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
So do I need to delete the charger that is already associated with it? Thank you, Michele Gladding Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Michele @Meechy517. Here is the iOS troubleshooter for your to try:

• FITBIT APP FOR IOS
    1. Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.
    2. If your tracker didn't sync, force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.
    3. If your tracker didn't sync, reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.
    4. If your tracker didn't sync, restart your tracker. For more information, see How do I restart my tracker
    5. If your tracker didn't sync, try syncing with your computer.

If all fails, I would contact the Support Team: http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

TandemWalker.png            TW             TandemWalker.png

____________________________________________________________________________

(If this tip solved the problem for you, please mark this post solved, as this will be helpful to other users experiencing similar issues.) 

Best Answer
This does not answer the simple question as to why the Fitbit HR is not listed in the iOS Bluetooth Settings panel. I have tried all listed here with no success. My HR worked fine and just today it stopped syncing. The support offering here are just way too confusing and poorly presented. And I say this as a computer programmer.
Best Answer

Fitbit HR will not sync and is not showing in the Bluetooth Settings of my iPhone 6. Worked fine for 18 months until this morning. 

I tried all the steps:

Restarting the Fitbit

Force Quiting the Fitbit App

Restarting the iPhone

Turning Bluetooth on/off

etc. (as per the instructions here on the site)

I also tired to sync it with my iPad. It also doesn't show in that device's Bluetooth Settings. 

Suggestions? 

Best Answer

It will never show in your phone's bluetooth settings unless you have notifications enabled in the app. Otherwise a bluetooth connection only lasts as long as it takes to sync. Have you tried uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone and then reinstalling the app? Also, did you recently install an iOS update?

Best Answer

It has always been there until it stopped synicing today. 

Best Answer

Had the same problem - see if this works (worked for me).

1. Open the Fitbit application

2. Select 'Account-->Surge-->Notifications' (I have a surge but I suspect there will be similar options for other devices)

A popup asks you to pair device to phone. Select 'Yes'.

Surge appears under the bluetooth option.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @GSinha! Thanks a million for sharing what worked for you! Heart Smiley Happy This is what the Community is all about; sharing knowledge and best practices so we can learn from each other. @bygeorge please try what @GSinha suggested and then post back with the results, I'll be around! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

None of the options offered in the community post worked for me. My charge two still won't show up under my blue tooth setting on my phone

Best Answer

@Lexicat2006 thanks for joining us! That's pretty weird. If you've tried all troubleshooting posted above to no avail, then I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. Mention them all the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to fix it. This shall help them to give you a quick follow up! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you for this suggestion. I have followed your instructions and it has worked for me.

Best Answer

@mdaniels thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy Reading that the instructions worked was like a ray of sunshine. I appreciate you took the time to let me know that it worked for you!

I encourage you to visit our Discussions section in the community. In there, you'll find lots of interesting topics and you'll find hundreds of Fitbit friends! 

Best Answer

I do not see the "Surge" option under my Account settings. Is there anything else i can do to try to pair my device to my phone?  

I have tried restarting my phone, re-installing the app, reseting my FitBit, turning off/on my bluetooth.

This is my 3rd Charge HR to malfunction. Any help would be appreciated. 

Best Answer

@Ray15 thanks for joining us in this thread! Just like @MikeF mentioned earlier in this thread, you need to add it directly through the app, not through the phone's Bluetooth menu. I suggest giving a try to the troubleshooting steps @GSinha posted above. Let me know how it goes, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, mine wasn't syncing to my new iPhone and I'd tried everything. What eventually worked was going to settings, selecting the Fitbit app, turning off the access to Bluetooth thing and then turning it back on, synced straight away! Hope this helps someone 🙂 

Best Answer

Me too!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem.

When I contacted Fitbit support, I was told my device wasn't paired with my account (I thought if I tried to set it up again that it would sync.) I tried everything that was suggested, sent it screen shots, etc. I was told that my 2-year old Fitbit was no longer under warranty and that they couldn't help me. I was offered 25% off on another Fitbit, but I'm rethinking my loyalty to Fitbit, since I would expect my device to last for more than 2 years - apparently in the U.S. the limited warranty is for 1 year. It's too bad. I've had a Fitbit for at least 5 years and really liked it, but will probably try another device.

Best Answer