Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge not showing up under Bluetooth settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My charge will not show up under my Bluetooth settings so that I can connect it and sync it with my Fitbit app. I saw that someone posted to make sure notifications are enabled and they are. What do I do now?
Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

@Moomoo12 wrote:

My fit bit charge hr used to vibrate when I️ got a phone call not it doesn’t and won’t sync to my phone says it syncs but then it doesn’t. We have tried everything I️ love my fit bit but is disappointing me please make this right 

Hey @Moomoo12

Try step 2 " forget your device on this article. 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Also check a few messages above this one as it says the same thing about " forget your device" 

Message 32 by @MariamV

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Awesome @ACG. Keep up the good work in the forums! Smiley Happy Heart

@Moomoo12 & @Benchuck here's the link to my post @ACG was referring to above.

Feel free to post back! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This worked for me restarted fitbit pug in to charger hold button until light flashes wait till the version is shown unplus and let go.  Also restart your phone.

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @YoungApache! I certainly appreciate that you're sharing what worked for you! 

This is definitely going to help other users who are also experiencing the same issues. After all this is what the Community is all about: Sharing knowledge and solutions. Way to go!

Now, I'd like to invite you to our Lifestyle Discussion Forums. There are lots of interesting topics; my favorite is "Eat Well". I love food! Heart

Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

It did the same for me I don't know what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing this week. Not one of the solutions offered by Fitbit works to make my device show up on the iOS Bluetooth list.  Second Fitbit that has become unusable in under 2 years.  

Best Answer

I tried everything listed on this thread and nothing was working. Then I opened the app and tried to set up my Charge 2 as a new device. Once it was on the screen to attempt to pair, I restarted my FitBit (with it connected to your computer, press and hold the button until the FitBit icon and version pop up, then release). After I did that it detected that my FitBit was there and gave me a code to type into my phone, then the sync started. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dag1999@Escan32 and @Harper8711, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Harper8711, I appreciate you have shared your experience with us and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

@Escan32, it seems @Harper8711's steps worked for you, I'm very glad! 

@Dag1999, please note that in order for your tracker to appear in the Bluetooth list on your phone, the tracker need to establish a Bluetooth connection, which is set when you enable Notifications or All-day Sync in your tracker through the Fitbit app. If you have removed the tracker from your account and it's not able to set up again, please try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your tracker, then try to set up again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up your tracker one more time.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I've given up on Fitbit and stopped using it due to this issue.

Sent from my iPhone by Pastor Ben
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve followed every single trouble shooting instruction to the T over a dozen times. It’s dead. The blue tooth signal inside the fit bit seems to have stopped working. Going to try Letscom now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope someone will recommend a device or app that works.

Sent from my iPhone by Pastor Ben
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Benchuck and @Dag1999, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @Speedster, thanks for joining us. 

I appreciate your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer

Hello All. I have similar problem with Charge2: it worked fine until Wednesday this week when it ran out of battery for 24h (I was travelling). After charging it, it is no longer being recognized by my mobile. Tried all the troubleshooters on bluetooth, restarting the Charge2, deleting reinstalling app, connecting the Charge2 to the mobile app as new device, sync via Computer etc... Nothing has worked.

I suspect the bluetooth of the Charge2 no longer functioning as this doesn't work on other mobile as well. But al of this happened because the Charge2 ran out of battery for 24h? Who else can I contact please?

Thanks very much

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Taleofus, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Bluetooth Settings and remove the Charge 2 if it's appearing on the list of connected devices. Then, restart your phone and try to set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was having the same problem after it working for months. Tried your suggestion. (A little different on the charge) and it worked. Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Attaway1, I hope you're doing well, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know my troubleshooting steps were helpful for you, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually the issue is not resolved. Your steps did not help.

Sent from my iPhone by Pastor Ben Manning
Best Answer

Hello @Speedster and @Benchuck, thanks for replying, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment, as I have already created a case for you, please follow the recommendations from our Support Team and if they don't work, reply to them so they can provide you some more options as they will work with you from now on. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To sync the fitbit to an iphone, u must allow notifications in the list of about eight items. Check all the items. Then go to sync all the time and when it says turn bluetooth on, u have to go to settings and turn it off then on again. Then you can turn off sync all the time and that should do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes