Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Cable Length

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased a Fitbit Charge after using the original tear drop fitbit for over two years.  Love that I don't have to change the coin battery.  Hate that the charging cable is so short.  Is there a longer one available?  Or will a USB extension cable work to make it longer?

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

A warm welcome to the Community @tmozer. We don't have different charging cable sizes but it would be great to have. I recommend sharing your feedback on our Ideas Boardwhich our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I agree100%! I received mine as a gift last May. I love the idea of it and enjoy tracking my activity while wearing it. However the charging cable is so small that there is only one place in my house that I can plug into a wall and charge it. In my kitchen on top of the microwave. Guess where the band stays most of the time! Out of site out of mind. I don't know who designed an 8" cable, but it ruined the product for me.
Best Answer

Great to see you here @sally13. A place where I charge mine is in my room, I leave it charging on the night table and so far it has worked for me, you can try there or directly from a computer. Woman Very Happy

Happy stepping! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a 3 1/2 foot 3.0 USB extension cable coming from Amazon today. Hopefully the will help the length issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Will you let me know if that works? If it does can you let me know what one you purchased? I'd really like to start using this again! Thanks! Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13UFQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The above is what I purchased and received today.  The 3.5' length is just enough, when added to the short original charging cable, to reach from floor to desktop.  The 6' cable is only a dollar or so more.  

The combo is currently charging my Charge (which like others I see online is losing half it's charge in a day!) and seems to be working well.

Best Answer
That is what I'd like to do but with the cord being so short, I don't have an outlet close enough for that to work. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks. This seems like a common problem. You have to find just the right spot to "balance" the fitbit so the cable doesn't come out. Charging the witbit hr with this little cord has been my only complaint about the product. Why dont they just charge a buck or two more and put a decent length cable in the package. Ordered an extension from Amazon today.

Thanks. This seems like a common problem. You have to find just the right spot to "balance" the fitbit so the cable doesn't come out. Charging the Fitbit hr with this little cord has been my only complaint about the product. Why dont they just charge a buck or two more and put a decent length cable in the package. Ordered an extension from Amazon today.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I hate the cord for my FitBit. It's dangling from the wall as I speak and the connection isn't great so sometimes it just plains falls off the charger as it dangles. I think it's ridiculous to have spend more money to purchase an appropriate length cord; the product should HAVE an appropriate length cord. I've never had any device with such a short cord (cellphones, tablets, e-reader, etc.). Where was the design team on this? I can't even charge it from PC as it dangles from there too.
Best Answer

I just bought a 6' USB extension cable and keep it on my desk. Solves the
problem.

Edward Savela

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HisPixie and @savela, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you both on board. Smiley Happy

@savela, I appreciate you have let us know the solution you came up with, I know it's not ideal but I'm glad it solved your problem.

@HisPixie, we really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I'll make sure to pass along your feedback about the charging cable to our team. 

Thanks for all your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. 

Just wondering how this major inconvenience has been noted by customers since 2016, and you still ship fitbits with the same awful, short chargers? Do you take customers' feedback seriously? 

Thank you. 

Best Answer

I can't agree more.  Just got my first Fitbit and I'm shocked that a product with such great reviews is so frustrating to charge and setup right out of the box simply because the charging cable is ridiculously short and the magnet is so weak.  Before I've even used it, I'm primed to expect problems with other features as well.

Best Answer

I have the same issue with the Inspire HR

This is a very poor design choice.

Best Answer

I just purchased a FitBit Inspire today and I was looking on your website for a longer charging cable and there is no such thing. In regards to tmozer's message to you, I also would like to get a longer cable. My cable attaches magnetically and there is no room to set it down anywhere without the charger coming loose from it's connection. Right now I have it sitting on top of something but it would be nice to have a longer cable so I would not have to do that each time I charge it. Please, Please, Please, see what you can do for all (and I can safely say all) the people who have these fitbit machines. The short ones are a real pain.

Thank you for your time,

Frustrated in Texas

Best Answer

I’d need an extension cable to charge mine on the nightstand, most houses have power outlets low on the wall, so unless my nightstand was only 30cm high….

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MetungDolphin   USB extension cables are available on Amazon, Best Buy and similar sites.  My alarm clock has USB ports, too.  But I want to make you aware of some other information.  You don't say what model Fitbit you use.  But Fitbit started discouraging wearing devices in the shower, due to repeated exposure to soaps, conditioners, etc.  I don't wear mine in the shower and that is when I charge it -- on a counter height wall plug or my alarm clock.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 🙂 I know longer cables are available through other manufacturers, but it seems Fitbit should be responsive to customer needs themselves, rather than relying on third party producers. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by @MetungDolphin

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback and suggestion about the longer cables for the Fitbit devices. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Have a nice day! 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes