Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit have an upgrade program?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I’m from India, I have Fitbit Charge and wanted to upgrade it to new Fitbit Versa under buy back. Do you have any idea on same.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm afraid fitbit do not currently offer a trade-in option.

Best Answer
Noted thanks.. however please update trade in options starts in future.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hello @Sakyamuni, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@Sakyamuni, please note that as @SteveH mentioned, we currently don't have a trade-in upgrade program. However, we really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to check @jball40's suggested idea to implement an upgrade program in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I started out with the Fitbit Charge 3 years ago, which turned out to be a really lame poorly made and designed device. But I stuck it out and upgraded to a Charge2 a year later.  I would totally upgrade my Charge2 to a Charge 3 but not at full price.  An upgrade program would be ideal for diehard fans of Fitbit.  I spent $149 when the Charge 2 first came out and now the Charge 3 is available at the same price $149.  My thoughts are, If I plan on spending another $149 on a Charge 3, I may as well upgrade to an Apple Watch for $329, (less if you can find a discount) which has more features than a Charge3. And I wouldn’t  feel bad about buying the Apple Watch either, because I know when Fitbit upgrades the Fitbit Charge3 to the Charge4, that I’ll already be ahead of them game with the iWatch and all its features. So rather than to spend $149 + $149 and have 2 trackers, I’ll spend a little more for a tracker that i can talk to.  

So my opinion..... Yea, an upgrade program would be great for Fitbit, but it may be too late for a lot of people by the time they decide to put one together.  

Best Answer

Hello @T-Mom, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your opinion about this matter. As mentioned earlier, you're welcome to add your vote and comment on @jball40's suggested idea to implement an upgrade program in the future, the more votes and comments and votes an idea has, the more likely is that our team will check it out. 

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

This would be amazing. My husband and I both own fitbits. I have the Charge HR 101 and he has the Flex. We both just rejoined the gym and I will be taking aqua fit classes. I have been looking for a fitbit that would cover my steps and activity in the water without paying over $200 between the both of us upgrading fitbits especially with a newborn. A buy back program would be amazing for us right about now!

Best Answer

Hello,

I currently have the FitBit Versa, got it 1 year ago and I am interested in upgrading to the Versa 2. It would be nice if there is an upgrade program or a buy back program so I don't have to spend an extra $200 to replace a perfectly fine FitBit. I love the Versa and would only upgrade if I can get cash reward  for my current one.

Best Answer

@Dexcellent  sorry there is none

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

And this is the main reason I'll be leaving fitbit and going to apple. I have a blaze, my wife has one of the charge fitbits and we like loads of other users have the awful syncing problem with both fitbits (mine 8s worse than hers). This has been an issue for years on different watches and phones and so I've concluded that it's either bad software or just bad design. I refuse to buy a new watch every 2-3years and so my blaze will be the last fitbit I own. I cannot even manually set the time so its completely useless and will end up in landfill.  Samsung make better smartwatchs at the moment for android but functionality is lacking. 

Best Answer