Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FITBIT Charge is not showing up with bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So frustrated.  Trying to sync my fitbit charge and it isn't even showing up in my bluetooth devices.  I've restarted my phone, turned off the bluetooth, disconnected the fitbit from my account, and deleted the app.  It still doesn't show up.

Has anyone else had this issue???

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @ACS1004,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried restarting your tracker?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ACS1004 has your Surge  ever been connect to the computer or phone your trying to sync through? The setup must be done through the fitbit software and not the bluetooth settings. 

Normally when the Surge is connected to the account the Software has all the info it needs to attach and sync the tracker.

My question would be, what type of device are you using to sync through, and do you see any error messages or red circles to tap on?

See this doc for sync troubleshooting. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. My fitbit charge hr won't sync. I've tried syncing on our windows 10 computer and my android phone. My fitbit won't show up in my bluetooth devices. I'm so frustrated. 

Best Answer
The Charge can not be connected using the BT devices, it must be done through the Fitbit Software. If the Charge is connected to your account, and your logged into this account on the phone. The app should automatically connect the Charge and Sync.
Try a restart of the Charge and the phone.
Plug the Charge into its charger with power, and hold the button 15 seconds.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. My tracker is not being seen by my Android phone or Windows 10 app. I've gone through all the steps (reboot phone, only have one bluetooth device on at a time, restarted device, turn bluetooth on/off, etc.).  Any other ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try the restart odd the tracker that is mentioned above?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I did it several times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the Exact same issue.. ive done everything.. mine just show showing up on bluetooth and i cant even sync it to PC... using tongle

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Finalstorm, it's great to see you in this thread! Cat Wink

I've noticed that you also posted on the Surge board about the same issue. Is the syncing issue happening with the 2 trackers (Surge and Charge)? If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps provided in the Forums and any of them worked my suggestion is to contact our Support Team so they can take a look in your account and provide you with the best solution for this issue.

Keep me posted with the outcome! 

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exact same sync issues even after multiple restarts AND my Fitbit hr being replaced. I love Fitbit but it's becoming more apparent that I should get my money back and get a product from a competitor. Bluetooth connectivity shouldn't be this complicated. Please save me from abandoning you!

Best Answer

Thank you!! Thank you!!!!  Thank you!!!!!  The 15 second pressing of fitbit device button did the trick.  You changed my life!!!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me every time I get home from a training session, it's impossible to sync because my Charge HR bluetooth doesn't show up in the bluetooth list of my iPhone. After a couple of days it's able to connect again. I think it isn't very well splash-proof and the sweat ends up causing these issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app needs to see the Charge. the phones Bluetooth does not need to be connected to the Charge for the app to sync. 

Have you restarted the Charge and phone? Also removing the Charge from the phones save Bluetooth devices has helped many. 

BTW I'm not sure what type of phone your having problems with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the ideas. I’m desperate. I’ll try rice. Maybe some cloth under it when wearing to blot the sweat.

Sent from my iPhone by Pastor Ben
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you around @Rich_Laue, thanks for all your help. 

I appreciate some of you have mentioned the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. As @Rich_Laue mentioned, Fitbit devices do not sync nor pair directly through the Bluetooth on your phone, and unless Notifications or All-day Sync has been enabled, it might not show up in the list of Bluetooth devices. Now, if you're still having trouble syncing your tracker I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of this!

Still having no luck syncing the fitbit with my phone bc still not showing up in bluetooth.

The sync feature spins and spins.

Tried everything...ready to delete all accounts and toss fitbit in the garbage.

Best Answer

As mentioned above, your Charge does not need to show up in the phones bluetooth, even if it does show up there is nothing you can do in this screen other than remove the Fitbit tracker. Removing the tracker might be all that is needed.

Is this phone the only device that you sync through? It also would be helpful knowing which phone is being used.

Best Answer
Thanks.
I use my Samsung A5 (2017) to sync only.
Kim

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kmzscu I'm assuming your tracker is still connected to your Fitbit account.

The Fitbit app I'd up to date and both the phone and tracker have been restarted.

You have followed @MarcoGFitbit's advice above and read the online help docs

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing

Aditional steps that have help other Android users are: nite that these are steps that have been discovered by users. 
Through the phones settings/apps/Fitbit clear the apps cache and kill the Fitbit app.
Logging out then log in should also clear the cache.
Once I had to clear the Fitbit app data. 
Best Answer