Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FITBIT Charge is not showing up with bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So frustrated.  Trying to sync my fitbit charge and it isn't even showing up in my bluetooth devices.  I've restarted my phone, turned off the bluetooth, disconnected the fitbit from my account, and deleted the app.  It still doesn't show up.

Has anyone else had this issue???

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @kmzscu, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us and let me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment, as your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, all the information already synced to your account will still be available when you set up the tracker again. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello...Thanks for the response. 

When setting up the new tracker, I get as far as entering the number on the charger. Then it just keeps spinning. I am using my phone, but I am going to try using my tablet to set it up and see if I have the same problem.

UPDATE:

I cannot connect it to the tablet...its specific to the phone.

So...not getting any further. Thanks for your help. Wasting far too much time on this device. Time to add it to the fitbit graveyard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not make this inquiry. There is an error somewhere. I have a fitbit I
have not tried to installed.

Jackiemccague@gmail.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally! I have fixed my fitbit. I had success deleting the device and reconnecting to my iPad. It has synched properly. 

Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kmzscu and @eikcaj, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@eikcaj, I understand you didn't make this inquiry, you're receiving Notifications from this thread because more people are replying to them. If you wish to stop receiving Notifications about this thread, go to the gear icon next to the title of the thread, click on it and select "Unsubscribe".

@kmzscu, I appreciate you have come back and let me know that your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the previous suggestions. Two different android devices and a windows 10 laptop. Same problem. After inputting the code the app just spins, I have deleted device Charge HR from account and also removed software from phones. Phone and PC fresh installs. Any more suggestions. Seemed to stop working after phone app update in September 18.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MaryJCo, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was resolved. Please stop emailing.
Thanks.

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kmzscu, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Please note that you're still receiving updates about this thread because you're still subscribed to it. To unsubscribe, please click on the gear icon next to the title of the thread and select the option "Unsubscribe", this will make you stop receiving emails coming from this thread. 

I hope this resolves your issue, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me too!! Fitbit tells you to hold the button in for 5 seconds to restart your device. It DOES NOT WORK. You need to hold it for 15 seconds; until you see the simley face. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! It was driving me crazy!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I held the button in for 15 seconds (until I saw the smiley face) and then it worked!! Showed up in Bluetooth and synched!! (is that even a word??!!) Fitbit tells you to hold the button for 5 seconds. This didn't work for me. Hold it until you see the face. Hope this works for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes ,no Bluetooth sync on Moto g7power or win 10 app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JDuse is it showing up through the add device on the Fitbit app? 

You should not expect to see the tracker on the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes