cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge - Rubber coming off - Second Fitbit now - Very frustrated

Hello,

I'm not one to complain much but this is just plain frustrating!

I've currently got my replacement fitbit (after the rubber sides came off my first one) and now it's done the same thing, it looks horrible and the button is almost fallen out, same as the previous one aswell!

I think at this stage I just want my money back and not a replacement one as it's just going to do the exact same thing again! I never wear it in the water and I don't even do high activity sports. Just wear it as general use thoughout the day.

I've attached photos.

ThanksIMG_4229.JPGIMG_4227.JPGIMG_4225.JPG

Post edit: subject format

Accepted Solution
249 REPLIES

It's great to see you around @Emilyy! Thanks for the attached pictures. I apologize for the inconveniences you have been having with your Charge. I recommend contacting our Support Team, I know those guys will have a good resolution for your damage inconvenience. 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, vote for that post and mark it as a solution. You'll make me happy! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I bought my fitbit charge in January.

At first it started lifting above and below the screen.  It seemed as if the rubber band had stretched.

It has loosend further, under the hard screen piece and all along underneath.  I have enquired at Incredible Connection but was redirected back to the FitBit website. 

Accepted Solution

Welcome to the Forums @LV75! If you are having a damage inconvenience with your Charge. I also recommend contacting our Support Team. I know they will offer a good resolution.

Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, vote for that post and mark it as a solution. You'll make me happy! Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
On my third one with same issues. They just keep replacing them. A pain but they have not figured out the epoxy/glue yet.
Accepted Solution

Oh well, as long as they keep giving me replacements I guess who can complain lol

Accepted Solution

@DaveWhoFishes Welcome to the Community and @Emilyy It's great to see you around! I apologize for the inconveniences that you have experience with that Charge tracker, as you might noticed you guys are our number one priority and your feedback about the Charge wristband will be taken into consideration.

Keep the stepping up! Woman Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
My original was purchased by my wife for my birthday in March this year.
Within three months the strap began to split from he tracker body and fall apart.
Fitbit replaced with a new charge and now, the replacement is coming away above the display from the right hand top side to halfway across.
Not happy at all.
Fix it Fitbit!
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @NormanP! It's not good to hear about the inconvenience that you are having with your Charge replacement wristband. I recommend contacting our Support Team, I know they will have a good resolution for you.

Let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Im on my first replacement but can't get the new charge to sync up. Any suggestions? Thanks
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @Tuffskinz! In order to sync your replacement Charge, please set it up as a replacement device. 

Keep up the super stepping!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I too seem to be having the same issue. The rubber is seperating from the tracker. This is my 3rd one also. I just emailed support and will wait to hear back from them. They are very good about resolving any issues. No matter how many times they replace my tracker, I do stand behind Fitbit and their product.IMG_6287.JPG

Accepted Solution

Thank you for your feedback and loyalty @teeblair. I'm sure you'll find a positive resolution from Customer Support.

Hope to see you around more often!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit thank you! Once Customer Support replies to the initial email (which has always been in a timely manner) they are very prompt at finding a resolution (which in my case) has always been getting a replacement tracker to me as fast as they can. I do hope that everyone that is having issues with their trackers contacts customer support and give them a chance for Fitbit to stand behind their product.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @teeblair Robot LOL

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping! 

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I have had my fitbit charge since february and the rubber wrist band has come completely away on one side.

Its almost like the rubber has strectched.I  am wary to try super glue in case it is too strong and burns through the rubber.I am so dissapointed as this was a much wanted birthday present.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Mine is doing the exact same thing, which I actually contacted Customer Service about today...

Side shot.jpg

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Anita, don't try and super glue the wrist band. You need to contact customer support. They will make good on your charge.

Accepted Solution
Thank you Andrea. That was exactly what I needed. Keep on keeping on..
Accepted Solution

@elb0918 I contacted customer support also yesterday, and by the end of the day they had answered my email and sent me an email that my new tracker was being shipped.

Fitbit does stand behind their product, so if you ever have issues with your tracker, always contact customer support.

Accepted Solution