Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge "com.fitbit.HTTP error 500." Error when connecting for first time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, heres the story. I got this Fitbit charge off a friend, and because it had steps, calories burned etc, when I synced this Fitbit the first time to my iPhone 6 it synced fine, but added steps and miles walked, etc. to my account and I had to delete my account to reset the stats.

Fast forward to midnight when the Fitbit resets the step counter, and all the other things it keeps track of. Now I'm trying to sync to the phone. I get through the process to the point of entering in the "number i see on your charge" which is the 4 digits. I enter this code and receive the following error:

Spoiler

Error

The operation couldn't be completed.

(com.fitbit.HTTP error 500.)

I'm assuming that this means that there is something wrong with the fitbit servers and not necessarily my Fitbit, or my phone.

Here's the steps I've taken so far to try and fix the issue

1. Connect via Wifi, and Cellular data to try and see if one or the other made the error go away.
  2. Restart the Fitbit by connecting via USB Charging Cable, and holding the button on the side for 10-12 seconds until the Fitbit logo and firmware version number appears
  3. Restart my phone using the "hard shut off" mode (hold down the power button and home button until apple logo appears) and also the "soft shut off" mode (using just the power button and swiping right)
  4. Made sure that my iOS version was up to date
  5. Made sure that my Fitbit App was up to date
  6. Turned off bluetooth, and turned it back on
    1. "Forgot" the charge device in my bluetooth "history" so i was getting a "fresh" connect

So far, since trying to trouble shoot this issue, like i stated before I believe this is an internal server error on Fitbit's side and not my own. Going to bed for now, with the fitbit on in hopes that it will still track my sleep even though it's not connected to the app. Maybe the issue will be resolved when I awake. Will provide an update tomorrow. See you in 8+ hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes
114 REPLIES 114
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the steps you recommended, deleting the zip from my iphone and re-adding it as a new zip.  Still hit the 500 error when it came time to update the firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MCarlisle55@gag_tri and @Fin5363, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Wink

@gag_tri and @Fin5363, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Delete your account and delete the app and don’t touch it for 20-24 hours and then add it back and re log in.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @Fin5363, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share some troubleshooting steps, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many people facing the same situation. 

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error. My son took it over for a while and now I have it back and have set up a new account and keep getting the error 509 message. This is crazy. It’s a fit it error so why don’t they just fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently using apple iphone 6, I have all updates done to the phone, am running FitBit 2.52 (765) and I keep receiving the error 500 message while syncing the blaze to my phone after punching in the 4 digit pairing code. I purchased the watch yesterday from a local swap and shop. My girlfriend tried it out on her phone first when she picked it up to ensure it works properly then deleted it from her phone and her account etc. She had no problems setting up and syncing but now that its off her phone and I am trying to set up to mine it does not work. I've done the reset on the watch (side bottoms) several times and have reset my phone as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had a similar problem.
Delete app...wait 24 hours and try again.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Done that and still get the error 500. Surely Fitbit can fix this...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Zagman and @StefanDS, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. It's great to see you @Fin5363, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

@Zagman and @StefanDS, as @Fin5363 mentioned, please wait for 24 hours before trying to set up your Fitbit tracker in your account. It seems that the error 500 is appearing when an account that recently had a tracker paired has been recently deleted. The servers need to complete remove the data of the account before the tracker can be set up again, which is why you will need to wait a bit longer. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried again today 3 days later and still received the same error 500 message

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @StefanDS, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i get this error all the time  i purchased off of someone

getting ticked

Best Answer
0 Votes
Delete and then don’t try to add for at least 24 hours.

Finney
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Also using an iPhone. It finds my FB Charge, i put in the code - get the error message. I used the steps you've suggested. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe try 48 hours.
Then try again.

Finney
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I em tried everyth8ng.  I’m dealing with Fitbit right now will let u know how 8 make out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @youngc1 and @kshermie69, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, its' great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Fin5363, thanks for all your help. 

@kshermie69, thanks for your participation in the forums, I have checked with our Support Team and they're currently working with you about this situation. Please keep troubleshooting with them as they will now handle your case.

@youngc1, thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iphone 6S Plus

ios 11.4.1

fitbit 2.78 (785)

After putting in the code  sent to the fitbit I get Error operation couldn't be completed. (com.fitibt.HTTP error 500.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @1UpLeague, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for providing the information requested, at this moment I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes