Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge battery problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dont charge your Fitbit with a wall charger!!!!!!! I bought my first Fitbit charge in mid February....after the first day or 2 of using it, the battery would last no more than 2 days. I contacted support, and they were pretty helpful and sent me a replacement within a few days. That second Fitbit had the same issue right when I got it...battery would last no more than 2 days even though Fitbit claims it lasts 5-7 days. And this was after turning off all the "extra" features... (Quick view, alarm, caller ID, etc). I contacted Fitbit again, notified them of the issue and again, they were helpful and sent another replacement (which I'm greatful for..great job to Fitbit for your customer service..it's excellent). When talking to customer support for the second time, I specifically asked them whether it was ok to charge Fitbit with a wall charger instead of though usb. Customer service assured me that as long as the wall charger was not a knock off it would be fine (I was using the wall charging block that came stock with my iPhone 6). I'm now on my 3rd Fitbit, and with this one I ONLY charge it with my computer, and it still works fine after nearly a month. My battery lasts about 7 days as of now. if you are having battery issues and get a replacement, I would recommend you only charge it with the usb cord and your computer and not using a wall charger. And Fitbit...I think you guys need to do some more research and see whether or not using wall chargers negatively affect the Fitbit battery and fix the issue if it does. Even though you say it doesn't, based on the 3 fitbits I've had since mid February, I'd say it does. It is so much more convenient to be able to charge with a wall charger instead of a computer, but not if it ruins the Fitbit!! But overall, very pleased with the product and their customer support

Moderator edit:  format and label. 

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

I should also note that in both instances when I had Charges die, they'd been plugged into a wall outlet overnight, not the USB port on my laptop.

I don't know if was A.) the duration of the charge (overnight), B.) the source of the charge (outlet instead of USB port), or C.) a combination of those two things that killed them.  But clearly one or both of those things is what killed them.

Best Answer
I had NEVER used a wall outlet to charge my Fitbit.  I only used the USB connection to my desk top computer.  The system died in pieces.  Less and less functions available on the unit, shorter battery life even with eliminating ALL remaining displys on the unit and finally a battery life of a couple of hours and then nothing.
In terms of replacement I actually had it replaced twice during the warranted period.  The process wasn't smooth but I did succeed in getting a response.  I am now without a functional activity tracker.
I guess I will live another day without it...........for a while
Best Answer

Interesting that you had problems even though you charged from your
computer. I hope they can work out the bugs because I love my fitbit!!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first time I asked for a replacement Fitbit had me jump through a few hoops first.  For example, they sent me a replacement charging cord to see if it was my cord that was faulty rather than the battery itself.  That was understandable and not a big deal.  I felt like I was treated very fairly and reasonably.  It wasn't until the replacement tracker died that I felt like Fitbit treated me poorly.

Also, I need to make a correction.  Both of my trackers that died after prolonged charging were Fitbit Surges (not Fitbit Charges as I stated above).  Sorry.  I got my models mixed up.  (Actually, I have owned Charges as well and never experienced battery problems with those.  It's only the Surges that kept dying on me.)

Best Answer
Me too. I really find my Fitbit useful. Doesn't hold a charge and can't get it to Sync to my computer. Sync works on my iPhone & iPad.

So goes life.....
Best Answer
So sorry. I'm still going. Seems the charge lasts longer from the plug in the bedroom than anywhere else.

If the Sync to the computer would work.....
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the right amount of time to be charging my HR2 to avoid excessive charging (and ultimately damage the battery)?

Best Answer

@sugarpop it should generally take around 2 hours to charge your Charge. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

How long is a charge supposed to last?

Mine will last about 2 days. Will show half battery life left, but turns off.

I have used it for a year...

It always lasted about 4-5 days only.

My daughter's lasts for over a week...

Advice??

Best Answer

Thank you. I will go to a store and buy one as I only have the one I charge my iPhone with. If that’s the wrong one I don’t want to risk damaging my Fitbit by use by the cable and my iPhone wall connection.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the UK, what is a ul-certified wall charger?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @Julieade! A UL listed charging device should feed the appropriate voltage to your tracker since it should abide by international safety and quality standards. This is why it is important that you use a UL certified/listed charging device. This information should be stated in the adapter itself.

I hope this helps, keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

How long should the blaze take to charge. Some days mine takes 30minutes and others hours.

Best Answer

Hello @Danbee529, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums. Please note that every Fitbit device takes from 1 to 2 hours to get fully charged when the battery is depleted. Meaning that it will take less time if your tracker or watch still has a bit of battery.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
My problem is that it won't hold a charge more than 1-2 days!
My daughter's lasts a week!!!
What to do??
Best Answer

@DorisLove wrote:
My problem is that it won't hold a charge more than 1-2 days!

What to do??

Hello @DorisLove

Feel free to check out the Fitbit Help Article:

Battery life
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Hello @DorisLove, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you too @ACG, I appreciate your help. Smiley Happy

@DorisLove, I appreciate your participation in the forums and I apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced due to this issue. Please check the link @ACG kindly provided and follow the recommendations, if after trying everything here your tracker's battery is draining faster than usual, please let me know so I can determine what should we do next. 

Thanks again for your patience, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit came w a wall charger, I have only used that one.

My daughter also has the same Fitbit, same charger, she only uses that wall charger, and no problems...

At the beginning it was keeping charge f 4-5 days....

I came back from vacation and had not worn it for 5 weeks.

It was totally drained, I charged it, lasted only a few hours. I guess it's time f a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DorisLove, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer