Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge battery problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dont charge your Fitbit with a wall charger!!!!!!! I bought my first Fitbit charge in mid February....after the first day or 2 of using it, the battery would last no more than 2 days. I contacted support, and they were pretty helpful and sent me a replacement within a few days. That second Fitbit had the same issue right when I got it...battery would last no more than 2 days even though Fitbit claims it lasts 5-7 days. And this was after turning off all the "extra" features... (Quick view, alarm, caller ID, etc). I contacted Fitbit again, notified them of the issue and again, they were helpful and sent another replacement (which I'm greatful for..great job to Fitbit for your customer service..it's excellent). When talking to customer support for the second time, I specifically asked them whether it was ok to charge Fitbit with a wall charger instead of though usb. Customer service assured me that as long as the wall charger was not a knock off it would be fine (I was using the wall charging block that came stock with my iPhone 6). I'm now on my 3rd Fitbit, and with this one I ONLY charge it with my computer, and it still works fine after nearly a month. My battery lasts about 7 days as of now. if you are having battery issues and get a replacement, I would recommend you only charge it with the usb cord and your computer and not using a wall charger. And Fitbit...I think you guys need to do some more research and see whether or not using wall chargers negatively affect the Fitbit battery and fix the issue if it does. Even though you say it doesn't, based on the 3 fitbits I've had since mid February, I'd say it does. It is so much more convenient to be able to charge with a wall charger instead of a computer, but not if it ruins the Fitbit!! But overall, very pleased with the product and their customer support

Moderator edit:  format and label. 

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

What is the problem with using USB battery packs? Declining current?

Best Answer

I contacted them through the chat line - while they did not solve the problem they were quick to respond to the chat request

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my 3rd one and the charge didn’t hold a hour on this one glad to hear that garman makes one will be sending this back if I can and trying a garman 

Best Answer
Have a new charge2. It came with a new style charging cord last year. It is the best one I've had yet. I have to say I am very satisfied with Fit bit customer service.
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having shared your experience with us. If you have already tried these tips to maximize the battery life on your Fitbit device, please let me know. If you have already contacted our Support Team, my best recommendation is to keep troubleshooting with them as they will be able to provide you more options. 

I hope you have a great day, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hey there! 

Well? Did it help at all?

I started with the Charge 2, then had not one but TWO Ionics, ended up with a Versa...and all had the same battery issue! And no one I spoke to ever told me to use pc usb only. And to not charge longer than 2 hours. 

So, after the fourth FitBit I was angry and disappointed. But I have to say I still miss the Ionic. And I feel like talking to the store manager before trying a new Ionic, yet again. That is why I am here, reading for any updates. 

What has your experiences been like, after charging via computer only?

Cheers,

Brandy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ShaolinBrandy, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with the Charge 2, Ionic and Versa. Please note that this board is exclusively for the Charge and if you'd like to consult about this situation affecting the Versa and Ionic, please refer to the Versa board or the Ionic board respectively. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced, please feel free to post your insight in one of those boards where we will be able to assist you further. Thanks for keeping our Forums organized, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer

Hi: my fit bit is showing an overheating thermometer, it's overheating and it's not charging. Any subjections ??

Best Answer
Get in contact with Fitbit and they will help you pick out a new Fitbit at cost

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ameliaramirez, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Theranger2, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Ameliaramirez, please note that if the display on your device is showing a thermometer on it, the environment in where you're trying to use or charge your device is too hot, please move to a different place on your house and try again. If you're still having trouble, please let us know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MarcoGFitbit,

Thank you, I actually got the Ionic as a gift. One week in, so far, so good. 
But then again, my other FitBits were great aswell, they started to malfunction slowly over a timespan of roughly 2 months.

I hope this time it'll last, I really do! Anyways, thanks for your reply. I'm off to kungfu class now. 

Merry (belated) Christmas and a happy new year! 

Brandy

Best Answer

Hello @ShaolinBrandy, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know your Ionic is working correctly, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Have a happy new year!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep chuck it in the bin Fitbit wouldn’t do a thing there’s always battery problems it seems you pay lots off money out and after so long you have to get a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have had fitbit's for the past few years and always charge with a wall charger.  Never had any battery issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s interesting. Although Fitbit recommend using a computer to charge the trockers I don’t have convenient access to this type of device. I have taken note of only charging my Blaze for an hour or so but still plug it into a wall socket with a USB port. Since doing that my tracker charge is lasting up to 3 or 4 days rather than it’s former few hours.

Best Answer

ok for your information I have always charged my fitbit the way you said my fitbit was a gift that really loved and took great care of my fitbit turned off with over 50% battery left so charging is not my issue so if you guys would turn it back on instead of turning everybodys off after having them for 13 months and saying we will give you a 25% discount on another that might of be a good deal if they was not almost $300.00 and only lasting til the year warranty ran out and very upset that you would think I would to go through all this again in a year if I would buy another I guess I will be buying a apple watch instead thanks for nothing

Best Answer
I also moved on from the fitbit product although I got most of my money
back through a credit card extended warranty which extended the one year to
two years.

Its too bad fitbit did not supply a better battery but maybe they have or
will upgrade in future models - but I am not waiting.

I bought an ABOX device at 25% of the cost of the fitbit and it works well
Best Answer

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@RobHock, it's great to know that you're not having problems with the battery any longer.

As a general suggestion, we recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your device.

For more information about charging your Fitbit device, check this article.

If you guys need mor help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

News flash! None f those tips work. That's why there are sp many on here asking for help with this issue. Fix the problems!!!   I've been dealing with the same issue for 2 months. Called and was told to buy a new charger. Wasted investment. I have to charge it 2-3 times a day most days. It's less than 2 years old. Told you have no plan to fix these issues.   #disappointed 

Best Answer