Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit charge strap breaking again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Fitbit charge and the strap is coming away, this is the second one I have had now and it's doing the same as my last one. I bought one for my father in law and his is doing the same, is this a known fault with them? I have seen lots of people having the same issues with the charge model! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I’m very excited to welcome you to the Community forums @JacquiGE! Sorry to read all the inconveniences you had with the Charge band and thank you for taking a break to let us know your comments, this make us want to be better every day and we take in consideration all the feedback received. I've been in touch with our Support Team and noticed that they are already handling this situation, keep an eye on your inbox since they will give you information to get you back on track.

I suggest checking the new product line of Fitbit wristbands that has interchangeable bands and a lot of awesome features, check them here!

I'll see you later. Cat Embarassed

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome, I would love to get a new Fitbit but as you will appreciate they are not cheap to buy as this one cost just over £100 and has only lasted a year! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm awaiting a response & completely agree... at the prices they are, should they not last more than 1 year? At the moment mine is constantly in use and am not happy that it's not more durable 

Best Answer

Mine is delaminating around the clock face on one side after 10 months, I'm waiting for a response from Fitbit also. This is my first warranty claim with them and they are quite nice to deal with. While I'm waiting for them to solve my problem, I gave each side of the black plastic underneath the silicon rubber cover with a product called loctite super glue. Seems to be holding up quite well for just over a week on continuous use. Here is a picture of the product. Just wished I would of took a before and after picture of the repair. 

Also take a sharp knife and cut the excessive swollen silicon rubber around the clock face off. 

image.jpeg

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Hello @JacquiGE@SarLou13 and @ACG, I'm glad to see you all here! Cat Wink

@JacquiGE and @SarLou13 I completely understand your point of view, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

@SarLou13 and @ACG, I also checked your cases with Support and both of them are being handled, you should soon receive an email from them with further information.

@ACG thank you again for the awesome information, it's nice to see the good will you have to help other Fitbitters.

Hope to see you all around! Heart

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 2 band is also breaking. This is the 3rd time it’s happened, all after well under 1 year of use. I did buy the extended warranty, so each time the tracker has been replaced immediately, but still - this seems to be a design flaw. In my case, the clips on the side where the band attaches just seems to become loose over time, so the strap just undoes with minimal strain. I know this design is so that the bands can be changed, but I think this design should be changed. I’m seriously considering changing to a different brand altogether because of this, even though I think the Fitbit is otherwise excellent value for money.

Best Answer

Ok so this strap breaking is a known problem among everyone. I am gutted my strap broke today when I was out rowing and instead of the watch falling into the boat it subsequently fell into the water and sank. Fitbit have said this isn't under warranty but the fact is if the strap wasn't broken or if there wasn't a design fault it wouldn't have fallen off and into the water ! Very very poor service if you ask me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same issue with the charge strap coming away. My charge is over 1 year old so no warranty is there anything that can be done?

Best Answer

Since some time has elapsed, I am curious if you remember. How did the locktite (glue) do on your Charge band. Did it hold a while? Did it damage the Charge itself? My Husband's band is falling completely apart and it is not that old and he has taken care of it. It is out of warranty though so my only option is to purchase another which I have an issue with at these prices. Figure I have nothing to lose so thought I'd try glue. Thanks for your help if you see this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try crazy glue, didn’t last long. Gave up on the end and went to Garmin. Fitbit app is better though Garmin more attractive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same thing happen to two Fitbit Charge trackers.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am well past the warranty, but my strap was breaking about a year in. I just stopped using it (what with it falling off).I'm disappointed to see it was a known manufacturers defect.

Best Answer
0 Votes