Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to charge my tracker in UK?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I charge my Fitbit in the UK without a transformer?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Not sure I quite understand the question but you can charge your fitbit in the UK using any USB power source as you can anywhere else. This could be via a laptop USB port or via a wall charger.

Best Answer

Hello @boppadave, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@boppadave, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that as @SteveH mentioned, you can charge your Fitbit Charge using a USB power source.  Personally, I use a free USB post in my computer to charge my Fitbit device. simply plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer and plug the other end into the port on the back of the Charge.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

You can charge it through the same device that is used to charge the phone .You can also use the USB port on a television. Also many European hotels have at least one USB ports built into a power socket .

Or get a plug converter, your phone charger has auto voltage detect and will work fine with there power. 

Best Answer

If we aren’t bringing a computer that we can plug the USB cord into, what other options are there for charging? The instructions said we shouldn’t plug the Fitbit directly into a wall socket to charge it. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is correct, you should never plug the Fitbit directly into a wall socket, but then I don't think this will be possible. 

You could use any phone charger's charging wall brick. Or you may find the tv or radio has a USB port. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I assumed that the instructions “do not charge in wall socket” meant you could not use a charging wall brick. I mean, there isn’t any other way to attach the charging cable to a wall socket ...?!

Shannon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any source that can be used to charge a USB device, may be used to charge your tracker. 

The Charge does not require much current 500 mAH on a pc is fine. While an ironic would simply take hours using a PC and 1000 mAH would be needed. A pc will not charge an ironic or Versa in a reasonable time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes