Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 day detox diet

Has anyone done the Dr. Hyman 10 day Blood Sugar detox diet?  I am starting it now and looking for any tips and helpful hints.  Thank you.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi, pls can someone explain what and how this detox works....do i really have to buy another book to understand it or is it simple to follow? thanks everyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would ask you to think carefully. What is your plan for day 11? Day 12? Day 90? Detox diets are not a long term solution to a long term problem. I don't know your circumstances - but if you're more than 5 pounds overweight, I don't think this is a sustainable effort. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not a fad. You should understand the reading. You use it beyond 10 days for weight loss. No sugar also works for diabetes. You would have read it in order to understand

Best Answer
0 Votes

give it  a week and the headache will go away. and to   vegebules, fruit.  

should be eating 12 hours on and 12 hours off

For example wake up at 8am and i hour after waking up  start eating. and the last  bite should be going ine mouth at 9pm.

also should be eating every 3-4 hours hours.

our body need to reset  itself and need to  ea no box meals  or no process foods.  Eat all whole food and organic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

try Egg cups and  can add green peppers oninion  tomato  and put it  muffin tin and bake in the oven 350 about 15-20 min and easy and ready to eat on the go. and make smoothies and use chia seeds .

Best Answer

here is what I am learning  from the shared appointment 

eat 12 hours on and 12 hours off.  for example  if you wake up at 8am eat one hour after waking and finsih eating 9pm.

eat every three to four hours.

breakfast and lunch should be the biggest meal and keep dinner small.

eat about 10- 12 oz of protein  and unsweeten  non dary cocunut  yogurt,unsweeten  almond milk we should be eat 2-3 handful of nuts unsalted  Healthy fat and oil like olive oil and ghee butter and Fresh vegetales, fruit should consit of  blueberries blackberries cherries cranberries pomegranite strawberries  and herbs and spices and beverage should be cocount water, filterd water, sultzer water,green tea, veg juice  raw condiments cocunt , lemon and lime juice, dijion mustrad tamari  apple cider vingar

when you on a budget try batch cooking and rotate your meals.

monday breakfast egg cups

monday lunch  smoky chicken tenders,  and meat sauce,cashew, ranch and viningette coleslaw

monday dinner spaghetti squash  and meat sauce  salad

desert cocnut icecream

tuesday breakfast reset granola blueberries, and nuts and seeds , milk

tuesday lunch meatballs and steamed  broccoli,

dinner  pan sneered salmon with spinich salad  quinoa

wednesday breakfast smoothies

wednesday lunch savory tempsh strips with arugula salad

wednesday dinner pepper chicken stir fry  with cauilflower rice.( awesome meal)

thursday breakfast egg cups

thursday lunch chili

thursday dinner fish tacosm(paleo lettece wrap) with salsa and gucacmole 

rotate the meals

Best Answer

yes i have been doing the Dr hyman 10 detox and meeting with the Registered dietitianin a group setting.  just wanted to share me results and what I am learning.  I was told to  eat not sarchy vegeibles and fruit and  handful of nuts and grass fed meat  and  healthy fat.  I  have lost 10 lbs.  the first five days was hard and getting headaches but that soon pass after 7days. I really enjoy cooking now and eating wholes foods

good luck and praying for you

Best Answer
Great ideas for meals here sir, thanks for posting!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Day 6 of the 10 Day Blood Sugar detox diet. -6.3lbs after a two year plateau.  Now that I'm over the hump, I love the strict boundaries and rules. They kept me out of trouble at a BBQ yesterday with a lot of tempting food: homemade breads, pies and cupcakes, good cheeses, etc. (I brought veggie skewers and shrimp skewers for the grill, which the other guests loved.)

I went cold turkey off caffeine vs. the 2 day taper recommended. I believe that made it extra painful to start. Day 1 and 2, I was a zombie with crushing headaches late in the day. Couldn't function at work after 3pm, even though I took quick walks to combat the fatigue and headache. Complete brain fog. Was in bed by 7:30pm both nights, but slept great. Day 3 minor headache and a little tired, but more managable.  Day 4 I was sort of human again. Days 5 and 6 have been up with the sun, bright eyed, and ready to roll. Weight loss has been consistent since first day (~1lb/day).

Have experienced little hunger, and my "normal" portion sizes have become fractions of what they were just a week ago. I didn't get PGX until Day 3, but I find that I don't need it to stay full if I eat the clean food and snacks on the recommended list. I am taking most of the other supplements recommended.

With six days in, I would give the following advice: plan ahead (bring compliant food to parties, work events), taper the caffeine as recommended, and make time for naps and ample sleep when you start. Also experiment with seltzer flavors to get your water.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Doris0205 wrote:

you can take detox plan from [link removed] 

Please check the Community Guidelines:

"Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, spam, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation."

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was doing a detox. I really don't know whose method it is. My friend advised me it. My health began to deteriorate. I took many tests, and they all showed good results. My doctor told me that I have a lot of toxins in my body, and they urgently need to removed. These toxins could have entered in my bloodstream and I could have developed blood poisoning. As the doctor said, I did enemas, but they didn't help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes