Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1200-1500 Calorie Support Group?

Hello all, 

I'm writing to gauge interest in a support/community group for those who are aiming to consume between 1200-1500 calories/day. I am thinking we can check in, cheer each other on, share recipes/meal plans, etc...

Is anyone interested?  I really need to get serious about losing weight again and would love the support.

-Meg

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Good luck!  I do about 1600 a day, but technically don't count calories at all, I just count food groups.  They just average to about 1600.  I hope you find the support you are looking for!

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello @Appaloosa05 good luck to you in your fitness journey. I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

i want to lose another 14 lbs or so, im down 60 lbs, im 180lbs but train very hard, my fitbit blaze said i done 3200 calories 2day so i want to eat 2200 at very most, think ive ate about 1500 2day and dont plan to eat much more... only had my fitbit for 2 days lol. love it so far tho its very cool.. goodluck with your weight loss too 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Id be up for this....i was going to aim for 1200 a day but thinking maybe 1400 is going to be more realistic. Have recently started exercising after having about 2 years of pure laziness...sooooooo now im hoping to lose the weight ive managed to pile on! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kelvin2017: a few comments on your numbers:

1. As your weight dropped from 240 to 180 (the drop was 25% of your starting weight), you may not burn quite as much as a 180-pound guy your age and your height (which is what Fitbit assumes, not knowing a thing about your weight history). This is due to metabolic adaptation. The bigger and more recent the drop is, the bigger the adaptation (the difference will fade over time).

2. If you’re eating only 1500-2000 calories, then your late night snack of 200 grams of dried apricots is 1/4th to 1/3rd of your total calories. That’s a lot, for what amounts to a snack. You should probably reconsider what you eat during the day, especially if you’re very active. 

3. The only way to know with some kind of accuracy how much you ate is to log all of your intake. Mentioning this since you wrote you think you ate about 1500.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HayleyAJ

Welcome!  I'm happy to have a friend and partner in this.  I've done 1200/day before (adding additional calories on workout days) and it is possible, but difficult; 1400 is a little more doable long term.  I lost over 40 pounds in 2012-2013 and unfortunately have gained it all back so here we go again (grad school is not friendly to the midsection).  

My starting weight is 206, goal weight is 175, possibly 165. I'm 30 years old and 5'4".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah we’re not too dissimilar then! I lost weight years ago too and it’s crept back on over the last 12 months or so 🙄 I’m initially aiming to lose say about 25lb...then il go from there! 

Had my my fit bit a few months but never posted before or anything...do we add each other as friends or something? X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh was supposed to say my starting weight is 200lb and I’m 5 ft 4 too, so pretty close! X

Best Answer
0 Votes