Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any vegans out there? Looking for tasty vegan cheese products

ANSWERED

Anyone  know of any quality vegan soy cheeses that taste good?  Also looking for soy cheese to put on homemade pizza.  I am thinking of going vegan but we love our cheese!  Last time my wife and I tried, not finding vegan cheese that tasted good was a deal breaker.  

Thank you!

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Actually it's Go Veggie I was thinking of, here's a link: https://store.veganessentials.com/vegan-parmesan-by-go-veggie-foods-p1220.aspx

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been vegan for 5 years and the Chao slices are awesome!  Also Treeline Cheese is very, very good.  You can also make your own as there are tons of receipes online. I have not attempted that myself but do look forward to doing so.

Also, you may want to check out these cheeses from Miyoko's Kitchen.  They  have fooled hard core cheese eaters 😉   http://miyokoskitchen.com/   I plan to order some beginning of next month.

Best Answer

Cashew cheese is SO good. You can look up recipes on youtube for it and it's super simple too. 

Pre-made slices of vegan cheese though? daiya brand is totally A+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I am also a Madison resident.  Is Whole Plant Foodies a local group?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Whole plant foodies has some local members, but also members from all corners of the country. I am a Madison resident, too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you ever tried a pizza without any cheese?  If you have lots of flavor in the toppings, it's really pretty good. Give it a try.

Best Answer

I havent found one that tastes good cold, HOWEVER! I absolutely LOVE the Daiya Cheddar block when you melt it! I used it in my vegan chicken wing dip (i'll be posting that recipe soon on my site!) ALSO, a great mac and cheese is one by Amy's! Its four bucks where I am for one serving, but holy hell- it is worth the treat! (just make sure it says dairy free). Also, Amy's makes a pizza that has no cheese and tastes ah- mazing (they also make one with a soy cheese, but I haven't tried it)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been really into using mochi as a cheese sub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2atnDVk4i4 

However, I've done a ton of different cheeses using tapicoa starch, veggies, and so forth. YouTube has a lot of recipes. I suggest Mary's Test Kitchen, Edgy Veg, Hot for Food, Peaceful Cuisine, and Jenny Mustard for a few fun recipes that are easy to make. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do NOT get Goveggie by cheesy bliss. It advertises that it is lactose free and and a cheese alternative but it contains casein, (a milk protein that has been shown to support cancer growth.) Labels can be misleading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't beat yourself up or give up on going vegan because you can't quit cheese. We do not live in a black and white world. Vegan until 6, meatless Mondays, ovo-lacto vegetarians, pescetarians, are all steps on the path to being vegan. If being vegans is a sincere goal, you will continue to lean toward it, eventually finding a path to no cheese. Being from Wisconsin, I find the cheese alternatives pretty lame, but the alternative ice creams are even harder for me! The longer I try, though, the easier it becomes. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hello guys! I've been a vegetarian my whole life because both of my parents are vegetarians as well. Now, my sister surprised me a few days ago by telling she was going to go full vegan. I freaked out because I love cheese too much, lol. HeartCat LOL However, as I was reading through this thread I noticed there are fantastic substitutes for cheese. Also, if there are any vegans here I'd like to hear some tips and recipe ideas to  have colorful and creative vegan meals. Cat Tongue Thanks a lot guys! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
best advice is watching other vegans cook! youtube: Peaceful Cuisine, hot
for food, edgy veg, Jennifer Mustard, Mary's Test Kitchen, raw vegan not
gross, etc etc. Type in vegan cooking and start watching/drooling. Good
luck!!!!!
Best Answer

hey friend! I have a site that I post recipes on and other vegan fun! Lillyvegan.com  🙂

Best Answer
Awesome! I'll check it out when I get home from work today (Japan time).

Take care
Best Answer

@jennaalyse14 That's a great advice and it didn't even crossed my mind! Thanks for helping me, that's definitely the way to go. Videos inspire you to cook and drool, lol! Cat LOL

@lillyvegan Thanks a lot for your input! I'll definitely check out your vegan recipes in your site. Cat Tongue For how long have you been a vegan? 

@jennaalyse14 It's great to know that we have users visiting the Community from Japan! Greeting over there friend! Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

A lot of vegan cheeses are very high in stauirated fats, and contain a ton of processed ingredientss. I would highly recommend making your own, and it is quick and dead easy!

Here’s a recipe I use which is fantastic!

Vegan Cheddar Recipe

¼ cup of cashews/ or almonds (soaked overnight or boiled for 15-20 mins)

¼ cup of Nutritional Yeast flakes (this is what I use: http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/marigold-engevita-with-b12-125g/35262/?ladid=uk)

½ lemon juice

1 tsp tapioca flour

1 clove of garlic or 1 tsp or garlic granules/powder

1 tsp onion powder (optional)

Pinch of sea salt & white pepper to taste

1 cup of almond milk (or any other plant based milk)

10 tsp of agar agar flakes (not the powder) (this is what I use: http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductView-10317-10001-110067-Clearspring+agar+flakes)

• Any other flavouring that you would like to coat or mix in your cheese (paprika, herbs, peppercorns, chives, truffle oil, anything you like!)
  • Optional: turmeric -  for a yellow colour

To make hard cheese

1. Add milk & agar flakes to saucepan and simmer until the agar is completely dissolved, At least 5-10 mins.
  2. Mix in the other ingredients in a food processor until minced and in small pieces, or paste
  3. Add the milk & agar mixture to the food processor and blend until fully smooth
  4. Transfer the mixture in the fridge into small containers to make mini cheeses. They will take at least on hour to set properly depending on the size of your ramakin
  5. This should yield two small ramakin sized cheeses, which can be sliced and melted easy.

To make melty cheese sauce:

1. Add milk & agar flakes to saucepan and simmer until the agar is completely dissolved, At least 5-10 mins.
  2. Mix in the other ingredients in a food processor until minced and in small pieces, or paste
  3. Add food processor mixture to the saucepan with the milk & agar and simmer for 5 Make sure you constantly stir until you get a thick batter like consistency.
  4. Use this as a melty cheese sauce on pizzas, pasta straight away
  5. You can also transfer the remainder mixture in the fridge into small containers to make mini cheeses. They will take at least on hour to set properly.
Best Answer

@EM73 Wow! Cat Surprised This is what I've been looking for! These recipes definitely encourage me to become fully vegan now. I've been a vegetarian my whole life but I believe vegan is the right choice here, and I have been putting off  taking this decision because I just love cheese. Cat LOLHeart My sister will be thrilled on having new vegan cheese recipes!

Thanks a lot for sharing your vegan cheeses recipes with us! I'm excited already and I will totally try this out. Cat Very Happy Hope to see you around more often here in the Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Treeline is the best! I have shared it with my non-vegan non-vegetarian family and friends and they love it!  Try the spreads..the hard cheese is not that great

Best Answer

@maili welcome to the Community! I'm so happy to see you around. 🙂 I will definitely try these cheeses!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. 

I love Chao Slices from Field Roast. 

Try them.  They melt really nice. 

http://fieldroast.com/chaostory/

Best Answer
0 Votes