Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any vegans out there? Looking for tasty vegan cheese products

ANSWERED

Anyone  know of any quality vegan soy cheeses that taste good?  Also looking for soy cheese to put on homemade pizza.  I am thinking of going vegan but we love our cheese!  Last time my wife and I tried, not finding vegan cheese that tasted good was a deal breaker.  

Thank you!

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Wow, that's amazing @Anna11221! Having non-dairy options to substitute cheese is great. I'm feeling more supported everyday with my decision of becoming a vegan. Way to go! Cat Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been vegan since the breast cancer surgery on New Year's Eve 2014 when I found out about the dairy/breast cancer connection. Since then, I've tried Chao, Daiya, Follow Your Heart, and my favorite: Miyoko's. Yes, Miyoko's is expensive but I save on crackers because I prefer to lick my fingers. Going vegan has kept me cancer-free, healthy and full of energy. In fact, I just completed 2062 kms in the You vs the Year competition through Under Armour. We were challenged to complete 1000 kms running in 2016 so it was quite an achievement. Also, my Fitbit HR kept me on track with diet and exercise. It's a good life and I hope you find some tasty cheese to add to your diet.Woman Happy

Best Answer

@Adrienne.K oh my! Thanks for sharing your story with us! It's admirable and you're a true warrior. HeartSmiley Happy Definitely the best combination ever: diet+exercise!

Keep up the great work as you have already completed your 1000 kms! Way to go! Smiley Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks! It's something I've never tried before and glad I was able to succeed. The new goal is 2400 kms in 2016. 

Right now, I'm chowing down on some lovely kale with vegan honey mustard dressing accompanied by Miyoko's Winter Truffle cheese. Yum!

Best Answer

@Adrienne.K it's great hearing back from you! That's amazing! 2400 kms sounds like a challenge but that's the cool thing about Fitbit, it keeps you motivated to achieve whatever goal you set. Way to go! I love reading success stories like yours, thanks again for sharing it with us!

Cat SurprisedCat Very Happy My mouth literally just starting watering just by the thought of that lovely kale with vegan honey mustard dressing! So yum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The goal is very doable: I'm at 2220 this morning. And the kale salad had shaved carrots and garbanzo beans in it as well. A vegan Thanksgiving is coming up for my friend and me at a local Asian vegan restaurant. There is a lot to be thankful for--including this forum. I hope all readers have a great Thanksgiving!

Best Answer

@Adrienne.K you're so very sweet! I'm with you on that; there is a lot to the thankful for! 

Oh my! Cat Surprised that's so awesome. You're truly an inspiration to the rest of the community! A vegan thanksgiving sounds like a lot of fun, too. I really hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Cheers! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

''follow your heart'' hands down has been the best they make super dope  gilled cheese sandwiches

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @bahiyah89! Amazing suggestion! I've read some reviews and I've seen that grilled cheese sandwiches are so amazing, they’ve been called a game changer. 

Sounds delicious if you ask me! The best part of it all is that it's a non-diary product!

Smiley Very HappyHeart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never made them myself,but I've had them at a local cafe, but Daiya makes a pretty good grilled cheese sandwich. And if you're trying to cut back on soy (I'm not), it's soy free.

Best Answer

@DanielleinDC Oh my! That sounds heavenly! Smiley Happy I'm a big fan of vegan hamburgers. My favorite is one made out of peas. Lentils and broccoli also make delicious plant-based patties and the slice of non-dairy cheese makes it perfect! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

my general advice is go no dairy or alternatives for at least a full month prior to trying vegan cheeses it makes adjusting easier for pizza i usually use daiya, not sure if pizza nova is in the states (im canadian) but pizza nova offers it no extra cost so a good way to try it.

Best Answer

Wow, great sites.  Thanks for sharing. 

Best Answer

Daiya heard our complaints and will launch new slice cheese that allegedly tastes very real. I was invited to a vegan cheese tasting (I'm a vegan food blogger ) and of all the brands I tried,  Miyoko's (so creamy) and Violife are very good. I have yet to make my own because I have always been lactose intolerant I never had much cheese before and don't have such craving. 

Best Answer

Long time vegan (almost 15 years) and newbie to fitness. I'd love to join a group.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV Last month a local fondue place contacted the vegetarian society I volunteer for (I answer their email) and said that some of their servers had gone vegan, and they wanted to do a vegan tasting menu and that they may consider adding vegan options to their menu. So I helped set up a special dinner. They used Daiya cheese--a cheddar for a "queso"-type fondue and the mozzarella for a spinach-artichoke-garlic fondue. OMG, they were both ah-may-zing! So if you want to be unhealthy and have a fondue night, the Daiya shreds will work. They also had salad, entree, and dessert, but really, if I'm going again, I'm just going to want the vegan cheese and chocolate. 🙂

Best Answer

I am from Toronto and interested in making more vegan friends ...

if if you are not vegan but have questions or are interested, you can add me as well 🌱💚

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanielleinDC sounds lovely! Is that fondue vegan? I wouldn't mind going unhealthy as long as it's vegan cheese fondue. Heart Smiley Wink

Thanks for sharing this with me! I love the vegan version of Mac n Cheese btw! It's so awesome and delicious! Smiley Wink

A warm welcome to @Veganheartbeets! You're so kind! Smiley Happy Heart I'd be glad to meet your acquaintance. The more vegan friends the better! 

We can all share recipes, experiences and inside jokes, lol! Smiley Tongue Even if non-vegans come into this thread I want them to feel welcome to share their feelings with us here. Smiley Wink

Herbivores.jpg

Hummus rocks! Share your hummus recipes too guys. Smiley Very Happy I'd love to learn new ways of preparing this legendary recipe! Heart

Best Answer

@MariamV Yes! They did a vegan four-course meal for us. You could make your own vegan fondue with beer, cheddar shreds, and salsa or veggie broth, mozzarella shreds, garlic, and spinach. Or whatever combo you want. I wonder if a red wine and cheddar combo would be good. Or white wine with mozzarella and garlic.

I know we're supposed to be about healthy eating here, but I jokingly call myself the queen of vegan junk food.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's lovely to hear back from you @DanielleinDCCat Surprised That sounds absolutely delicious! I so get it, I mean I love french fries (that's my cheat day guilty pleasure, lol Cat LOL). Do you know if they're online? I'd love to learn how to prepare those recipes. I would add a little bit too much of avocado too! I think this is a great combination: white wine with mozzarella and garlic. Heart

Thanks for sharing this with me and the rest of the community! Another proof vegan eating is delicious and nutritious! Cat Embarassed Cat Tongue 

Best Answer