Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone doing a VLCD?

Hi all, I am currently using my fit fit to stay active and also to track calories burned and log food etc.

I was just wondering if there was anyone else here who is doing similar? I am currently following a 'flexi' eating plan, so not 100% vlcd as I don't want to deal with ketosis (what a nightmare!)

Thanks for reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Is VLCD very low carb diet?  If so, I'm low carbs during the week, higher carbs during the weekend for strenuous activity.  I feel it gives me the best of both worlds:  fast weight loss and energy for activity and recovery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

Is VLCD very low carb diet?

I think it means very low calorie diet (see this), though since @MrsMonster mentions ketosis, we may interpret the "C" as carbs. Of course, if a diet is very low in calories, it will have to be very low in all macronutrients, including carbohydrates.

My impression is a VLCD diet would be applicable primarily in extreme cases (and under strict medical supervision), like a morbidly obese person having to rapidly lose weight before an operation.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, i deleted my post b/c I no longer eat loch - I've joined a group called Mastering Diabetes and the stress is on whole foods low fat eating-  I was finding my BS was beginning to edge upwards and my insulin needs were increasing, so after some research I found this and love eating fruit and grains and lots of veggies again!  Nothing is written in stone, but I feel better now than I felt on lcfh and I hope my next blood work will confirm this - BTW  I'm a T1D.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been very naive when it came to a vlcd, and have since been learning more about what my body needs. Which means that I can not really sustain a VLCD and be healthy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrsMonster: did you mean very low calories or very low carbs? A very low calorie diet cannot be sustained for very long, while some people are able to sustain a very low carb diet on a more or less permanent basis. It’s just a matter of having enough calories coming from the remaining macronutrients. It would not be my personal choice, but there are people who think it suits them well.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer