Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else who is not in one the the food database countries?

ANSWERED

I wonder who tracks their food and don't live in countries that have the food database. I currently live in Brazil, and mostly the barcodes don't work, and I don't know if its the app or the product that simply don't have those informations included in the barcode, or simply homemade foods that the food database don't have (I'm currently using US). I tried once in the past to keep logging, but after a while it was too much work. Now I actually have to watch out my calories and my health because of my weight and just started logging again, and noticed that they basically didn't add any countries in this past year or so. Does anyone else get bothered by that?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you considered using a different app to log food? Some can sync with fitbit. I use MyFitnessPal as I find that its food database is much better than fitbit's for the UK. I don't know how well it works for Brazil but might be worth looking into.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Have you considered using a different app to log food? Some can sync with fitbit. I use MyFitnessPal as I find that its food database is much better than fitbit's for the UK. I don't know how well it works for Brazil but might be worth looking into.

Best Answer

I went with your suggestion and have been using MyFitnessPal and it has been working great, but its a pain to have multiple apps, when in theory only one of them should do the work. I've been feeling let down by Fitbit, just researched about Brazil in the threads and we do have a significantly amount of users that need better support, not only for food database but, as costumer service and having a real market. Fitbit does not currently sell it here, and in case you need a replacement or something alike, you have to ask for someone you know overseas, we do not have a Portuguese option or the option to select Brazil as our country.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ust myfitnesspal app to log my food. You can link your Fitbit to the app and it will add you burned calories too. 

Hope myfitnesspal app will scan your items.

Good luck !

Rosetta

Best Answer

@Charleigh54 wrote:

I ust myfitnesspal app to log my food. You can link your Fitbit to the app and it will add you burned calories too. 

Hope myfitnesspal app will scan your items.

Good luck !

Rosetta

it does scan mostly, and it's been working great! But I hate having to get a bunch of other apps to connect with my Fitbit, since it's not even a new request a Brazilian food base, but for a bunch of other countries. 

Best Answer
0 Votes