Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode Scanning UK Foods

Hi, is the barcode scanner on the app working for the UK yet? It wasn't when the Alta came out, but I'm looking at updating my watch to the Charge 2 and wondered if they'd adapted the app for the newer watches for scanning UK food items.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I have the Charge 2 and the barcode scanner doesn't work for me. The app is presumably the same no matter which Fitbit you have though so shouldn't make a difference.

It annoys me that whenever I try to use it, it offers the suggestion of me uploading photos to add items to the barcode list. It doesn't work in the UK, it knows I'm in the UK so why does it keep asking for help with photos? You can't go any further, it doesn't tell you why, it's only through doing a Google search that I found out we can't use it in the UK.

It also annoys me that when adding custom foods on the app, although there is a screen for adding characters (the decimal point), it will not actually allow you to use it. That's madness. Not a problem if I do it on the website just not possible to add new foods on the fly, you know, when you're actually eating them and have the wrapper to hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the barcode scanner for the UK food database is still not working......very frustrating 😣

Best Answer

I log my food in My Fitness Pal and have linked my Fitbit to that account.  You can scan UK/Irish foods in My Fitness Pall and the food diary syncs with your Fitbit.  You won't see the actual foods in the Fitbit app, just a summary of calories eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack etc. HTH.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh thanks. I thought i could link it but because the names of the food didnt pop up I just thought the summarys popping up were because I'd not entered it correctly on my fitbit app. Now I know whats going on 😊
Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes