Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode

I find that most things I try add with the barcode are not in the system, this is the only thing about the fitbit log that I feel is very poor

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Depending where you are in the world, some people find that the food database in MyFitnessPal is better than that in fitbit. You might want to try that instead - it can be linked to your fitbit account so that data automatically transfers across.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea I started using that, 😁 I'm Scotland 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveH I've heard many good things about MyFitnessPal, and tried to use it a few months ago so I could easily share my food information with someone.  But found it to be unusable because it was only possible to enter foods in number of "servings".  I try to be exact, by measuring my food in grams when possible, but "one serving" could mean anything.  

I'm basically pretty happy with using Fitbit for tracking food, but I wish there didn't have to be a brand associated with every food.  Most of my foods are things like, "chicken egg", or "apple", or "almonds", or "whole milk".    It's kind of pain to have to sift through a million different entries which may or may not refer to the plain item that I want.   But at least once I get the food right I can usually specify how much I ate accurately.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elderwanda I encountered similar problem in MFP when it comes to measure own dishes. My solution assumes that 1 serving is simply 1 gram of food. If I get 400g of something I cooked I just log 400 servings. Also, there is another trick I use. I create Meal first. This isn't convenient to log so there is a way to convert meal into recipe:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator

Then you can log it as servings and it is up to you what meaning you give to "servings".

Best Answer
0 Votes

is there a way to correct nutritional values? I scan barcodes and "sometimes" the information is a bit off. So for example 8oz or 1 cup of almond breeze cold chocolate milk comes up as 120 calories when it is actually only 100 calories. So to adjust it i have to put .83 servings instead of 1. Can this be fixed? I see no option to edit

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same issue. I try and stick to foods that i've added to fitbit or that i know are in the database. I try and log all the foods into the custom category that way i know the nutritional values are correct. It's a bit of a pain seen as fitbit are a fitness brand / company. Surly they would try and stay on top of it and try and keep people using fitbit services rather than myfitnesspal or lifesum.... i'm not a fan of having to use multiple fitness apps or services. i like my data all in one place as its easier and more convenient. i tried using myfitnesspal linked to fitbit once and it over synchronized all the data so i had multiple entries on the same foods and made out i have eaten 30,000 calories and burned like 5,000 calories.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes