Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting macros, strict or not

Hey! 

I've been on this fitness kick since jan 14th and am loving it, I have been playing around with meals and macros and such.

Do you track your macros or not and or calories.?  

I do, its been a great way for me to stay on track and know what I'm eating and how much of it. I not see food as fuel for my workouts.

Currently I work out 6 days a week for an hour and 20 minutes , one of those days is with my personal trainer. 

My Meal Plan:

1500 calories / day 

I aim for:

-130 grams of protein

-90-120 grams of carbs 

-30 grams of healthy fats per day

Im not perfect and I'm still figuring this out, but I'm getting better and I have lost about 8 pounds so far in 2 months. 

Meals/ day :

Breakfast is normally a protein waffle made with : 

1/2 cup ground oats

1 egg

1 scoop of protein powder

water

All mixed together to make a batter then made into a waffle (easy to track macros for this) 

Snacks: options

-Banana

-Greek Yogurt

-Quest OR vega Bar

Lunch :

-1 cup green beans

-4 oz ground turkey

-1/2 sweet potato

Snack :Options Above! 

Dinner: 

-1/2 cup quinoa

-1/2 cup steamed broccoli

-60-90 grams of tuna

-1 cup spring mix

-1/4 cup chopped pepper

-1 tsp kraft calorie wise ranch dressing

Some days I throw a protein shake in there too. 

-1 cup almond milk

-1 cup coffee

-1/2 -full scoop mocha vega sport protein powder 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@MeaghanTS wrote:

Do you track your macros or not and or calories? 

Regarding my intake, I only track protein. Calories I track afterwards, by weighing myself daily.

Congrats for your weight loss so far: 1 pound a week is a nice and sustainable pace. Have you found it correlates with your energy expenditure (calories burned) as per your Fitbit?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great going! I am bad at eye balling food so the kitchen scale has been my best buddy ever since. All food that enters my stomach needs to go through the scale first 😁 As for the macros c60p20f20 has worked for me. Good luck with your quest!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, just wondering how much you weigh.  

When I recently started counting macros again, I entered that I want to maintain my weight (150-155).  It gave me 1950 calories, 98g P, 244g C, and 65g F.  If I want to build muscle, it bumps my carbs even up further!    

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's easier to count macros as a percentage of calories. 

I generally get about 77% carbs, 10% fats, and 13% protein. I don't eat animal products.

Having said that, I stopped counting calories most days since last July as I'm in maintenance. I just know what to eat from when I did count calories. If I weigh less in the morning I eat more. If I weigh more in the morning, I eat less. I guess you could say I'm more or less dieting.

Best Answer