Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Recipes?

ANSWERED

Hi there!

Is it possible to create recipes on the FitBit website or app? I'd like to add in some of my own and come up with the totals per servings.

Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can enter recipes into MyFitnessPal app...and that app links to Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

You can enter recipes into MyFitnessPal app...and that app links to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I create my meals in the food log of FitBit. You can go there via the food tile on the dashboard. On the right hand side of the screen you will find a tab meals with a button to create a new one.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

This is really helpful!  I will go get my fitness pal now.  Is it easy to link the two?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you have created a meal is there a way to break it down into servings? For example, I put in a recipe for turkey chili but the recipe makes 8 serving. When I hit log it adds 1,800 Calories to my meals because I can't figure out how to say I didn't eat all of that! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I create my own meal, I add everything in by measurements.  Then when it is cooked, I measure it out into measured portions.  Take that number and divide your total calories by the amount of servings and then you know how many servings to enter what you ate.  In your case, since you already know how many servings it makes (8) you just change the entered servings amount to I/8  if you had one serving or 1/4 if you had 2 servings and it will give you the correct entry for your calories.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer

Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to put in and 1/8 or a 1/4 of a meal. When you enter log meal adds everything in you recipe individually to log. It would require me to then figure out what 1/8 or 1/4 of each ingredient is.... which I could do and just create a meal that is equal to one serving but that is a ridiculous amount of work like for real an 1/8 of a 15oz can of dice tomatoes and an 1/8 of pepper and an onion!!! WAY TOO MUCH WORK! 

Best Answer

No, you take the total of everything and then you divide that total by how many servings it makes so that you will know how many calories are in one serving and use that total for your entered servings.

Best Answer

@Alicia52013   There have been various feature suggestions to create recipes and allow fractional entry for the recipe or of previously logged meals over the years, but for whatever reason, Fitbit has not added those features.  Still, if you want to support the idea, you can add your vote to this suggestion.  

As noted in the 'best answer' for this thread, MyFitnessPal links easily to Fitbit and it does have recipes and allows you enter fractions of previously logged meals (all the ingredients from the prior meal show up in your daily log, but the amount each is reduced by the fraction you use for the whole meal).  The only downside I can see to using a third party food logging program like MFP, is that you have to go to that program to see detailed nutritional information.  But the meal and daily macros do transfer to the Fitbit food log so it is not that big of deal to me.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer