Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Meals

I am new to the Fitbit world and have been logging my food using the Fitbit app for about a week. I noticed on the website that I can create custom meals which is great as I eat the same things often. This is convenient since I don't have to manually add each ingredient every time I make a salad. I created a custom chicken salad meal and I do see it on the app; however, I can't change the serving size of each ingredient. I want to know if this is possible to do so because I don't always use the same amount of ingredients. For instance today I might use 100 grams of cucumber and tomorrow it may be 120 grams.

Also, I prepared a meal with three ingredients and I was able to enter the serving size for each ingredient. However, I am not able to edit the serving size each time the meal is consumed. (I found a recipe online to help with belly fat...I made it based on the receipt, but I am only suppose to eat one teaspoon with meals...one serving is my only option to select.

Is My Fitness Pal a better option for what I'm trying to accomplish? If so, how do I sync the two apps?

Please help!!

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I'm in a similar Boat!  I'll make a Big Batch of something (this Time, it's Stew) then dine on it for much of the Week. 

It appears that I have to use the "Meal" Option to combine all of the Ingredients.  When I have a Bowl, I end up having to go in and edit each Ingredient one at a Time depending upon the Quantity I'm having "now."  AARRRGGHHH!!!  Any Solutions??? 

I don't want to add it as a New Food.  It would be easy to calculate the Nutrition Data but it would become a Nightmare since I never make it the same way twice!  Multiply that by all of the Users and it becomes a REAL NIGHTMARE!!!?

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer

I have used MFP for a while now, to log food. It seems easier and more logical for me, tbh. I tried the FitBit one, but I couldn't find most of my foods as easily as I could on MFP, so I just kept with it, as you can sync it really easily with FitBit. Just look for "devices" on MFP and you can sync the two really easily. You can also adjust portion sizes as you log, so you can choose 1 portion, or 0,2, etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll give it a try.  I tried another one awhile back and wasn't happy with it.  There just wasn't enough flexibility.  I can't remember what it was now.  But it wasn't working at all!

THANK YOU!!!

Saint Helens, Oregon; 5'2", 72, FitBit Charge 2 (Retired FitBit One 13 April 2017)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!  I think I grumbled about this problem to the Fitbit folks several years ago. I finally gave up and only been using my fitbit for tracking steps and workout. It would be nice it it would work. I don't use boxed food, I cook everything from scratch. I just tried it again (just for **ahem**s and giggles) and entered all ingredients for a pot of chicken soup, but at the end I couldn't enter that the recipe is for 6 servings and I'm only having one. What's the point, Fitbit gurus!!! Fix it! You suck.

Best Answer