Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

some days, I'll just have bulletproof coffee (approx 324 calories).  other days, 2 eggs with a couple pieces of sausage or bacon (approx 378 cal) and regular coffee with heavy cream (52 cal).  

(note: i don't actually count calories, only carbs)

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer
1 boiled egg for protein, few large spoons of greek Yogurt spread over mushed banana and topped with blueberries. Sometimes leftover beans kept in the fridge (black or red kidney, or chickpeas) that have been mushed up with the boiled egg. Coffee and almond milk.
Best Answer

@carl669 wrote:

some days, I'll just have bulletproof coffee (approx 324 calories).  other days, 2 eggs with a couple pieces of sausage or bacon (approx 378 cal) and regular coffee with heavy cream (52 cal).  

Interesting.  I minimize my caloric intake and watch portion sizes.  What do you consider your "max carbs" for a day, or do you look at it as a % of caloric intake.

Best Answer

@scoobie57 wrote:
1 boiled egg for protein, few large spoons of greek Yogurt spread over mushed banana and topped with blueberries. Sometimes leftover beans kept in the fridge (black or red kidney, or chickpeas) that have been mushed up with the boiled egg. Coffee and almond milk.

I really like left over beans (usually charro or barracho) and will eat them for a breakfast when they're around. I've found that by limiting bread and by exercising, my weight has dropped significantly and my BP and heart rate have improved dramatically...and I don't feel that I deprive myself of anything that I would normally want to eat (except fast food and bagels and vending machine cookies).

Best Answer

@NY2TX wrote:

@carl669 wrote:

Interesting.  I minimize my caloric intake and watch portion sizes.  What do you consider your "max carbs" for a day, or do you look at it as a % of caloric intake.

my typical max carb intake is 30g per day and comes from mostly nuts and non-starchy veggies.  i do have the occasional fruit, but not too much as i find it incredibly sweet now.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

I absolutly love breakfast! And there are soo many varations. I like pancakes (1 egg + 1/2 banana), fried eggs with or without bacon, fruit, smoothies and so on. I post a lot of recipes on my blog if someone here struggles with what they want to eat for breakfast and always end up with the same: www.frokenfitness.blogg.no

Best Answer
Protein smoothie
Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
2 oz high fiber cereal
1 oz of soybeans or pumpkin seeds
4 oz Greek Yogurt
4 oz mixed berries
An athlete is someone who makes maximum use of his genetic endowment through training in his environment. - C.T. Mervyn Davies
Best Answer

@NY2TX wrote:

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Wondering if anyone else besides me uses the Food Log on the FitBit software to keep track of what you eat and the calories consumed? I have found it extremely helpful in knowing what I'm eating, being conscious of what foods "toss me off the bus," and how I'm doing versus my rather aggressive exercise routine.

This morning's breakfast was a Mission Carb Balance Tortilla (80 cals), 1/5 oz of Kraft 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese (18 cals), 2 oz of Egg Beaters (28 cals) and 1/2 of a Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Pattie (25 cals) - Total 151 calories and that will be it besides water until lunch.  Yesterday I consumed 1759 calories (Fat - 62.3g; Fiber - 27.6g; Carbs - 176.6g; Protein - 77.4 g).  I realize that blows away the concept of a low carb diet, but somehow it is working for me in combination with my aerobic walking.

Best Answer

i use the log (intermittently), but in a little different way since i don't count calories.  i mainly use it to see my carb/protein/fat percentages for the day.  yesterday's breakdown was 6% from carbs (23g), 70% from fat (130g) and 24% from protein (98g).  pretty much right on target for me.

today's breakfast was bulletproof coffee.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

Just started with fitbit and am loving it!  Yesterday was the first day I started using the food log--even for snacks.  I am amazed at how the calories add up, and now have a much clearer idea why I was slowly packing on the pounds over the years.  What an eye opener.  Previously, I never monitored calories, and am now motivated to keep using this tool.  Believe it will help a lot. 

Stephen | USA

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.--John Wooden, legendary UCLA coach

Accepting Solutions is your way of passing your solution onto others and improving everybody's Fitbit experience. Take a look here for more Fitbit help.

Best Answer

@Stephen1227 wrote:

Just started with fitbit and am loving it!  Yesterday was the first day I started using the food log--even for snacks.  I am amazed at how the calories add up, and now have a much clearer idea why I was slowly packing on the pounds over the years.  What an eye opener.  Previously, I never monitored calories, and am now motivated to keep using this tool.  Believe it will help a lot. 

An eye opener, huh? I found it amazingly helpful.  You can Google any food not in the FB data base, or other people have different ways of getting the same info. One thing is sure, knowing how much you're eating is better than not knowing.

Best Answer

Quaker Oats Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, otherwise a egg white french toast done on rye bread with no sugar syrup.

Best Answer

I eat a lot of random stuff so there's no typical but generally, depending on the day and my mood, it could be last night's dinner (various), fruits (bananas, apples, mangos, etc), sometimes smoothies, PBJ sandwiches or fruit sandwiches/wraps/pita pockets, rice with natto beans, omelets... Technically I can and will eat just about anything for breakfast. lol

Best Answer

2 eggs fried in butter and half a cup of blueberries followed by a few cups of coffee and it keeps me full until lunch 🙂 i am a creature of habit and dont stray much from my norm. occasionally i will make the eggs into an omlet and put cholula on it. 🙂 about 325 calories total.

Best Answer

breakfast:100 ml milk 2% with my coffee

3 fin crisp crackers with 2 tbs tahini

snack: banan with 1 tbs peanut butter

Best Answer

Start with oatmeal/chia seads/blueberry mix - overnight cook steel cut oats -100gm - chia seeds -20gm - dried blueberries - 40gm - this makes 5 to 6 servings

yogurt - 160gm with 60gm fresh blueberries - (or raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)

two eggs poached - 1 strip bacon - 1 english muffin or thin bagel - 

2-3 cups coffee with milk and sugar

This is about 750 calories (approximately 50% carb/30% fat/20% protein), lasts me till 2 or 3 in the afternoon and is about 1/3 to 1/2 of my daily intake depending on activity

Marking your question "solved" lets others know that they may find an answer to a question they have in this thread
Best Answer

I have a cup of chex cereal (right now it's apple cinnamon; honey nut is great too!) I have it with a cup of chocolate soymilk (wegmans brand) and then a banana cut up inside! Mmmm sweet, chocolaty and keeps me full! 

Best Answer

I do fruit/veggie smoothies for breakfast a lot (ex: banana, spinach, chia seeds, apple cider vinegar, parsley, coconut oil, almond milk, and ice, although I do lots of different variations).  A couple other options I've tried lately:

-whole wheat crepes (whole wheat flour, eggs, milk), topped with plain nonfat Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, and fruit

-plain nonfat Greek yogurt sweetened with coconut sugar, stevia, or maple syrup, topped with homemade granola and fruit.

Best Answer