Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

@FrenchieMamaWow! Congratulations on your weight loss journey! Keep being an inspiration to us all! Robot Very Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thanks so much! I am trying very hard to lose the weight and keep my blood sugars good...I am going to the Caribbean in October for a week and a bit nervous about what I will eat...I don't want to undo all the good I have done.

Best Answer

@FrenchieMamaYou're doing an amazing job so far! Robot Very Happy

I definitely agree that it is hard to continue to eat well, especially during vacation! I'm sure keeping all the progress you've made so far will keep you moving in the right direction. Make sure to eat a lot of fruit! Hope you have an amazing trip as well, it is definitely well deserved! Robot LOL

Best Answer

Most weekdays I have 1 cup of Special K Red Berries or Multigrain Cheerios with half a cup of low fat 1% milk, a banana and black coffee; 265 calories. Splurge on one of the weekend mornings with a Nooks and Crannies English Muffin, 1 fried egg, a slice of 2% American cheese and 3 slices of low sodium bacon all together in a sandwich; 380 calories. I keep track of everything I eat with the MyFitnessPal app.

Best Answer
Sounds Delish...especially the bacon part 😉 it's a lot like I eat!
Best Answer

I've been hearing a lot about bullet proof coffee, how do you make it?  And do you have trouble with it seperating or tasting thick?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lauralou1Interesting! I want to know more too! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

For years I believed that breakfast was a must because that is what everyone says.  When I was in my teens, I rarely ate breakfast and maintained a very healthy weight.  One of the things I recently changed was eating breakfast.  I realized that I wasn't really hungry in the morning but was eating out of habit.  I now rarely eat breakfast.  I usually just drink a cup or two of coffee.  I have lost 15 pounds in less than three months and don't feel the need to graze through my day.  When I do eat breakfast, I eat two scrambled eggs and fruit.

Best Answer

Oatmeal and coffee is my go to breakfast because it's fast and filling.

Best Answer

Usually a cup of coffee, and a couple of apples or oranges, I can eat them while I go to my job.  Smiley LOL

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

@SmuskettInteresting! It's hard for me to get hungry in the morning as I'm so used to only eating lunch and dinner but then again, I kind of believe that eating breakfast is important as when I do, I don't want a huge dinner.

@Tala@VivisFitbitCoffee...everyone's favorite get me up! I've been drinking cold brew coffee recently. Feels like the caffeine lasts longer than a hot cup of coffee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just a banana on the mornings I do not run.

On mornings I run, banana 20 min before I run, then for protein, omelet consisting of 1 egg + 4 egg whites, little mozz, and lean turkey meat, with this I have a 3/4 cup of steal cut oats for complex carbs, no sugar.

I only eat a banana on non days because, firstly, I am not burning any additional calories, and secondly, if I do run, a nice omelet is a motivating reward.

Smiley Happy

Best Answer

turkey bacon, apple, red grapes, orange, water

Best Answer
0 Votes
Within the hour of waking up I have my hot strong coffee dark with cream, tall glass ice water with lemon, 2 eggs scrambled over handful of leftover protien, 2 handfuls of veggies. This takes me all the way to lunch 4/5 hours later.
https://www.fitbit.com/group/22KLTTSpring Into Summer 2016Perseverance and moving on is who I am
Best Answer

@DaMichaelMil@jonesjacWelcome aboard to the forums! Excited to see you actively participating!

@DaMichaelMilSounds like a delicious, healthy breakfast! Do you feel that the banana provides enough energy for your morning runs?

@jonesjacBacon, bacon, bacon! Yum! Robot tongue

@Brown-eyedG2Ice water with lemon after a strong cup of coffee sounds interesting! Cools your body down i'm sure. I will try that tomorrow morning! Thanks for the tip! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit Thank you for the welcome.  I went a few days without bananas awhile back and noticed a slight difference (mainly early fatigue and muscle cramps here there), but ive noticed my dinner the night before usually makes more of an impact on my next morning run, and sleep (or lack there-of).  

I am curious to see if there are any other early morning runners and what they eat pre-run.

Best Answer

@DaMichaelMilI can see why the dinner the night before affects the run more but I'm sure the added potassium in the morning doesn't hurt either! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
Hey @ErickFitbit did you try it? The lemon ice water? The week has gone by fast and basically like I said my breakfasts haven't changed: eggs, veggies and other protien.
https://www.fitbit.com/group/22KLTTSpring Into Summer 2016Perseverance and moving on is who I am
Best Answer

@Brown-eyedG2Yes! So refreshing after a hot cup of coffee! Thank you for the tip as I will continue drinking it every morning after my cup of Joe! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer

10 oz 1% milk, one scoop of optimum nutrition extreme milk chocolate protein, half a cup of quick oats, 2 TBSP's of milled flax seed as a shake. Coffee as well, but seperately from the shake.

Best Answer