Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

Today was delicious Buckwheat Pancakes with unsalted butter and Blackstrap Molasses, and a half cup of fresh Pineapple.  Yum, yum.....

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry That sounds yummy! 

This morning for my breakfast (4AM) I had a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries. For my drink I had a Whey Protein shake (#1 thing I look forward to every morning). Afterwards I took a bottle of water and went biking for a whole hour before coming home and getting ready for school. Then I took a white chocolate macadamia nut Clif bar for a snack with my Yeti full of Ice old water (burns more calories?!?) 

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer

OK , been there done that... I was fainting and passing out a lot.   Lost the weight but difficult to continue the strict regiment.   So now I'm doing 1000- 1200 calories a day.   My carbs are in the fruit I eat.  I am allowed 150 g of carbs a day.   All my protein, carb, fat, sugar ratios are balanced.   daily.

here is what I now eat.    breakfast: l/2 cantaloupe or whole banana, 2 scrambled eggs w l/2 broccoli, and 6 oz container of low-fat yogurt.  Lunch: 6 oz of boneless/skinless chicken or 6 oz of fish, lg salad with low calorie dressing (love Paul Newman's) or l/2 broccoli/ med tomato, l/2 cooked green pepper.  for snack during the day 6 oz yogurt and med orange.    eating all this I still have 200 calories to eat, but I don't because I can't I'm full.   however, I don't get dizzy anymore... dropped 14 lbs first month.  the only thing I did was get rid of the breads , fatty foods, .....  my carbs still come out lower than l50g a day.

Best Answer

OK, been there done that... I was fainting and passing out a lot.   Lost the weight but difficult to continue the strict regiment.   So now I'm doing 1000- 1200 calories a day.   My carbs are in the fruit I eat.  I am allowed 150 g of carbs a day.   All my protein, carb, fat, sugar ratios are balanced.   daily.

here is what I now eat.    breakfast: l/2 cantaloupe or whole banana, 2 scrambled eggs w l/2 broccoli, and 6 oz container of low-fat yogurt.  Lunch: 6 oz of boneless/skinless chicken or 6 oz of fish, LG salad with low-calorie dressing (love Paul Newman's) or l/2 broccoli/ med tomato, l/2 cooked green pepper.  for a snack during the day 6 oz yogurt and med orange.    eating all this I still have 200 calories to eat, but I don't because I can't I'm full.   however, I don't get dizzy anymore... dropped 14 lbs the first month.  the only thing I did was get rid of the bread, fatty foods, .....  my carbs still come out lower than l50g a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 1 serving of rice with anything fatty/protein rich/ carby w/ soy sauce. (Salmon, fried chicken, soups) Cat Indifferent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 cups opf coffee or 3 with cream, demerara sugar, a banana, maybe a small frittata.  depends.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's bullet proof coffee? I've just heard it brought up before and don't know what it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I try my best to wake up early to eat haha. T_T But I am notorious for sleeping in. When I do have time to eat breakfast, I like having my cup of mocha and a bowl of apple cinnamon oatmeal with some of my protein powder in it. The protein keeps me full and the oatmeal masks the disgusting taste hah.

Twenty something nursing student ❤ | Charge 2 | iPhone | Windows 8.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am logging all my food into the fitbit app more for review than to plan ahead.  I want to look and see when I have lost weight what actually worked really well.

I'm following a mostly paleo / restricted carb diet trying to stay at less than 50 carbs a day but if I go over that I just boost my steps and stairs.  I do a lot of stairs (yesterday 200 flights).

Over the past week these were the two breakfasts I alternated between:

#1-  2 eggs fried in butter, thinly sliced black forest ham (2 oz) and a very small tomato (about 1/4 cup) thickly sliced and fried in the pan, I love warm fried or grilled tomatoes!  And you get a little sweetness/ vitamin c for very low carbs.  Also cup o instant coffee.  I know how lame that is.

#2 - 2/3 cup of full fat cottage cheese (from a quality local dairy), organic berries (strawberries and raspberries this week, about 2/3 cup total) and 1 medium banana.  This is my highest carb meal of the day but in the past when I didn't eat enough fruit I would have a lack of energy and eventually would get sick so I am sticking with bananas this time around.

Best Answer

tiffsterr, sorry i'm replying directly to your post but i could not find a button that would allow me to post on this discussion without replying to someone specifically. 

anywho; i don't usually have time in the morning to eat any breakfast but i tend to snack throughout the day because my job is a little longer of a day than typical. i usually have a cup of pistachios for breakfast/before lunch along with some kind of fruit or a kombucha to kick start my system. i also like to take some vitamin b mega complex to boost my metabolism and have it work for me throughout the day.

this is probably not the best "breakfast" but to be honest i am not a huge morning eater (blech) i get rather nauseated... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Easy,  2 scrambled eggs mixed w/ l/2 c of broccoli, microwaved.  1 container of Publix sugar-free yogurt (in freezer for 20 minutes before eating) and l/2 cantaloupe.    Cup of tea.

Roseanne
Best Answer

Just a note for your nausea.  Had that problem for yrs.... make sure your not lactose intolerant. 

Best Answer

I love reading everyones great breakfast ideas. I have my adaptations to get my day started right and then  Chocolate or Vanilla protein to get me going and I am off and running 

Shan

Looking for like minded fit bit walkers and runners to join my FB 

https://www.facebook.com/shan.farrar.73

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the moment a bowl of special k with low cal soya milk that is 13 cal

Best Answer
0 Votes

Depends on my mood.

Most days I do a green smoothie -wth strawberries, mixed greens, 1/2 of a banana and 1-2 tsp of either Chia Seeds or Flaxseeds.

Sometimes I do an overnight oats (rolled oats on the bottom, with water or almond milk, fruit) and one tsp of raw honey.

I also like eating steamed asparagus with scrambled egg (I use one egg) and a tsp of low fat parmesan cheese.

Lately I have been eating 1/2 of avocado (80 calories) with a multi-grainy bread (120 calories) and One fried egg (70-80) calories. That's about 280 calories. *Avocado Toast is the best*

Pamela O.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning it was scrambled eggs with diced Jalapeño peppers and Chorizo seasoning, an English Muffin with unsalted butter, and a half cup of fresh pineapple.  Yum, yum....making me hungry just thinking about it!  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow this thread has been going on for a few years! I'm a creature of habit so as far as what I eat before lunch, well it begins with getting up at 0215 (everyday) and heading to the gym. I do a 1 to 2 hour workout (depends on the day) and then head home. I have a 160 calorie, low carb, 25g protein shake at about 0430. Get ready for work and about 0730/0800, I have 6 scrambled egg whites w/one yolk (cheaper and better for you than Egg Beaters, no additives), I melt one slice of Boar's Head Spicy 3 Pepper Colby Jack Cheese on top, then I add half an avocado (diced and chilled) and a whole tomato (diced and chilled). I prep this before I go to work. I've been eating this breakfast for almost 4 years now and never get tired of it. Later in the morning at about 1000, I eat two to three boiled egg whites (I trash the yolks, lots of bad stuff there) and I have a half an apple, half an orange, a handful of grapes and sometimes three or four strawberries. It's all cut up like a fruit salad. That's my typical before lunch food. Try it, you'll enjoy it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me its a two egg omelet with one slice of cheese.  Two pieces of 100% whole grain toast -- lightly buttered with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Two glasses of water.  Total calories are around 500.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate eggs plus they upset my tummy. So I have a greek yogurt, 2 pieces of turkey bacon and a granola bar. Was going to start adding string cheese too to try and get a little bit more protein in my breakfast.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds good! Sometimes I have a cup of plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 packs of stevia, teaspoon of unsweetened Hershey's cocoa, and 3 tablespoons of organic chia seeds. That packs a lot of protein and fiber to start the day and it is only about 290 calories.

Brett Crawley
Best Answer
0 Votes