Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I have a egg in the microwave  on toast most mornings. but usely i have a breakfast smoothie i can drink it on my long drive to work . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I drink a green smoothie.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Berries ,unsalted almonds and a caffeine smoothie sometimes I'll have some toast with Avocados mashed on top in place of butter. I feel like once you get on s healthier scaled diet , you'll have less temptation for sweets

Best Answer

I usually have a green smoothie with avocado for bulk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1/4 to 1/2 cold medium melon! You can eat and drink from it at the same time!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I always have either Oatmeal or a simple cereal such as Weetabix or Shredded wheat Biscuits (Biscuit style cereal is much easier to portion), with almond milk (I am Lactose intolerant) and frozen berries on the top, plus a banana or apple on the side!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have Bulletproof coffee as my 2nd cup of the morning. I make my
overnight 'fast' last until brunch or lunch time - so I do approximately a
17 or 18 hour fast each day. Brunch (or lunch), depending on whether I
'break my fast' at 11 AM or after 12 noon - can be anything on my Keto
list: salad with varied veggies; leftover meat from last night's dinner;
deli meats, roast beef or turkey breast; piece of fresh fruit, perhaps. I
try to vary each day's selections. All that being said, I guess you could
say I have 2 cups of coffee for breakfast, one of which is Bulletproof.
BTW, my husband and I are retired almost 10 years, so we are not fueling up
to run out the door to jobs anymore!
Best Answer
I have Bulletproof coffee as my 2nd cup of the morning. I make my
overnight 'fast' last until brunch or lunch time - so I do approximately a
17 or 18 hour fast each day. Brunch (or lunch), depending on whether I
'break my fast' at 11 AM or after 12 noon - can be anything on my Keto
list: salad with varied veggies; leftover meat from last night's dinner;
deli meats, roast beef or turkey breast; piece of fresh fruit, perhaps. I
try to vary each day's selections. All that being said, I guess you could
say I have 2 cups of coffee for breakfast, one of which is Bulletproof.
BTW, my husband and I are retired almost 10 years, so we are not fueling up
to run out the door to jobs anymore!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My breakfast is the same except I use a little battery powered whisk for individual cups - froths up just like a cappuccino!  Amazing the energy and hunger-pang cessation I get!  Brunch or lunch around 11 or 12, or even later if I'm really busy!     

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your smoothie sounds yummy - but the carbs would totally kill my whole day's worth and beyond!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Nutritarian breakfast today included 1/2 cup of dry rolled oats, 1 cup of cashew milk, 1/2 cup of frozen organic blueberries, 1 cup of organic strawberries, half of a frozen banana, 2 tbs of flax seed meal, 1 ounce of walnuts and some cinnamon on top.  This breakfast kept me going until 5 pm due to the fact we were on the go until then.  

Best Answer

I have a bowl of porridge made with water, no salt or sugar added, cooled with small drop semi-skimmed milk. Also approx. 100g grapes and handful of mixed nuts. A cup of tea to finish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds pretty good, @DEF1123.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Steel cut oats with lots of fruit (pineapple is my fav!), chia, flax, hemp hearts, nuts and pumpkin seeds.  I add two pieces of whole grain toast (Dave's Killer Bread for the win) with hummus.  Keeps me full until about 1pm.  No need to go hunting for a donut 😉  

Best Answer

Mine changes all the time, but normally it's eggs and cheese, yogurt and fruit or a protein shake/smoothie!

There's more than one way to be healthy
Best Answer

Nice to hear that so many people in the thread are avoiding carbs. I do the same. The last 2 weeks i havent had anything for breakfast though. So i eat 7pm in the evening then i dont eat anything until 12pm next day. That method has helped me loose weight alot faster. 

Best Answer
I do eat carbs for breakfast (high fiber, complex) along with a good dose of protein ( Greek yogurt) or low fat milk. This seems to work for me.

Brett Crawley
Best Answer
0 Votes

Generally, I would have some granola mixed with some nonfat Greek yogurt (honey and cinnamon added for flavor). However, recently I have been having raw fruits (melon, banana, mango) in the morning along with some black coffee or chai tea. 

The lighter breakfast has caused me to be a little more hungry by lunch time but I think it was good for my body to change it up from my normal routine. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Usually I have a cup of coffee with 2 pre-measured creamers (20-60 cals, depending on the flavor) and a DIY breakfast burrito with egg, cheese, and usually some bacon. I mix up the burrito fillings time to time, like this week I have spinach, feta, and eggs. I make them so they don't exceed 300 cals/burrito. All in all, my breakfasts average 300 cals/day, and I am not hungry until lunch time. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many eggs and what type of wrap?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes