Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689
How many eggs and what type of wrap?

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds good!

Brett Crawley
Best Answer

Here's my new keto routine breakfast that is 75% fat:

• 1 tbsp lemon juice in hot water
  • 1 bacon strip (thin)
  • Half an avocado
  • 1 hard boiled egg chopped up in 1/2 tablespoon of butter
  • Spinach sauteed in Pancetta, 2/3 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, splash of balsamic vinegar (yum)
  • 1 fish oil capsule
  • Coffee with 1 tbsp cream and cocoa powder

This is about 400 calories depending on the size of the avocado and will satiate you enough to skip lunch if you want

Best Answer

1 Premier Protein which I drink on my drive to work and a banana about an hour to an hour and a half later as a mid-morning snack. This will generally get me to lunch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like eggs and usually have a couple most days.  I’m also supplementing protein powder as I try to build muscle, which is usually mixed with yogurt.  Typical breakfast (about 750-800 cal) from the food log last week:

1/4 c sweet red peppers, 1/4 c onion, 1/4 c broccoli, all grilled together in 1/2 tablespoon oil (olive or coconut) or butter, with 2 extra large eggs and 1/2 oz Gouda cheese.  

1/2 wheat bagel with 1/4 avocado and 2 tablespoons salsa,

1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt, 6 tablespoons whey protein powder, 1/2 cup blueberries.

16 oz coffee + 1/2 cup whole milk.

It is a pretty big breakfast, but it keeps me happy from 5:30 am to noon when I usually have lunch.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

coffee and lots of water

Best Answer

3 hard boiled eggs, dannon 12 G Protein yogurt and black coffee... every day.

Best Answer

I generally eat one egg a day for breakfast now, usually on a thin round roll or a Mission carb balance tortilla (small). This is basically a cheese omelet. But I also have a small bowl of plain whole yogurt with a small box of raisins and fresh fruit.

My "diet" (actually food plan) worked for me. In the last 3 years and 8 months I've lost about 1/3 of my body weight and got to about 15% body fat. But that goes along with a strenuous exercise/training routine that includes long distance power walking (race walking technique over shorter distances) and long sessions on my Nordic Track stationary bike (usually 75 to 90 minutes). I work out every day so I can eat pretty much anything I want (never fast food and mostly chicken, turkey and salmon). Since I log all of my food in the FitBit log, it estimates that I consume about 300 grams of carbs each day.

Again, what works for me doesn't work for others.

Best Answer

@Baltoscott wrote:

1/4 c sweet red peppers, 1/4 c onion, 1/4 c broccoli, all grilled together in 1/2 tablespoon oil (olive or coconut) or butter, with 2 extra large eggs and 1/2 oz Gouda cheese.  

1/2 wheat bagel with 1/4 avocado and 2 tablespoons salsa,

1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt, 6 tablespoons whey protein powder, 1/2 cup blueberries.

16 oz coffee + 1/2 cup whole milk.

@Baltoscott - I've been gravitating towards your way of eating, but with lower carbs as I'm still losing.  I think when I get to where I want to maintain weight, I'll add in the blueberries.  I'm having a hard time finding whole milk yogurt.

With an eye towards feeding my little gut friends, I've concocted the following vegetable medley for breakfast:  green cabbage, asparagus, white onion, leek, green onion, bock choy, red pepper, green pepper, spinach, carrot, kale, swiss chard, cilantro, sauteed in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp butter, dash of soy sauce, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, makes 2 cups - 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch.  I add in 1/4 boiled artichoke, roasted brussel sprouts, and I figure if that's not enough for those ingrates, they can go live in someone else's gut.

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here wrote:

@Baltoscott wrote:

@Baltoscott - I've been gravitating towards your way of eating, but with lower carbs as I'm still losing.  I think when I get to where I want to maintain weight, I'll add in the blueberries.  I'm having a hard time finding whole milk yogurt.

With an eye towards feeding my little gut friends, I've concocted the following vegetable medley for breakfast:  green cabbage, asparagus, white onion, leek, green onion, bock choy, red pepper, green pepper, spinach, carrot, kale, swiss chard, cilantro, sauteed in 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp butter, dash of soy sauce, sprinkled with parmesan cheese, makes 2 cups - 1 for breakfast, 1 for lunch.  I add in 1/4 boiled artichoke, roasted brussel sprouts, and I figure if that's not enough for those ingrates, they can go live in someone else's gut.

@Daves_Not_Here — I like it, and sounds like it’ll make your little gut friends pretty happy ... but you probably should not stand near open flames :fire: 

I’ve been making my own yogurt out of whole milk lately as it is so easy and costs about half what the same amount of “pre-made” yogurt costs: though I do still get the store bought stuff from time to time for the afternoon meal/snack in DC, or to use as starter. I like creamy and not real tangy. Plain unflavored Brown Cow whole milk yogurt at Whole Foods or MOMs fits the bill. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I tend to have the same breakfast all week and then switch it up the next week.  This week: I sautee a cup of chopped spinach, add an egg, a slice of thin ham and some cheese.  Next week will probably be an omelette with different veggies and the 3rd week will be steel cut oats.  

Best Answer

My favorite is green smoothie bowl.. the simpliest way to make -

https://youtu.be/HGFUm2o8oWI

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually have 2 boiled eggs on wholemeal bread with homemade vegan butter.  If I get peckish before lunch, I have PHD diet whey powder mixed with almond milk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One hard boiled egg, one piece of fresh fruit, one snack bag of honey wheat pretzel twists with dijon mustard and a single serving size of cottage cheese.

Best Answer

Most days i'll have oats with almond milk. Mix in some cinamon, almonds, walnuts, raisins and honey. The best fuel for my runs each morning.

Best Answer

Continental Europe here, where breakfast tends to be a lighter/smaller meal than in the US.

I usually eat a small bowl of fat free unsweetened yoghurt (about 200 gr), with a portion of fruit (an apple, a banana, sometimes a kiwi and a tangerine,  some grapes...) and a few spoons of (unsweetened) muesli (25 gr).
And of course two cups of black coffee, no sugar, freshly brewed from grounds...

Ann... Belgium
Fitbit One (retired), Alta, Alta HR, Charge2 - Android app, Mac OS, Windows 10
Best Answer

I think I will have that for breakfast sometime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good way to start the day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good evening,
I typically drink a green smoothie made with some greens (kale, spinach, chard) bananas and mangos. In the winter I will sometimes change to oatmeal.

Sent from Windows Mail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good evening,

Typically I will drink a 33 oz green smoothie made with greens (spinach,chard or kale) bananas and mangoes.  In the winter I sometimes vary that with oatmeal or amaranth.

Best Answer
0 Votes