Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689
it's goods. but please a take a small amount of meal in the morning
because in the morning time body want some energy which you do your works
faster.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the My Fitness Pal app. (MFP.) It works seamlessly with my fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will usually eat half an apple (36 calories) for breakfast and no food in between.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to do a 16 hour fast, so my breakfast is at 2pm, most of the time I would have oats with mixed berries.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I'm home: 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 300 gr of strawberries or a banana or strawberry jam without sugar, one slice of multigrain bread and a cup of orange juice

When I'm out: 1 bagel and a protein shake

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been toasting a sliced baguette the long way and toasting it on one side. 2 pieces just long enough to fit in the toaster.

Then spreading some cream cheese on it and putting a bit of raspberry jam on top. I have this with coffee.  Then at coffee break, I have a banana and an apple.    

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive been switching it up. 3 mornings a week it's milled flax with hempseeds and honey (hot cereal) or i will have an english muffin with an egg and some turkey bacon. or it's scrambled egg and toast. 

i rarely break 200 calories in my morning meal. i always have tomatoes with my meals. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually have porridge with some plain low fat yoghurt mixed in with some fruit, spices (like cinnamon), a beaten egg, a square of 85% dark chocolate, and some chopped nuts if I’m hungry. 

Best Answer

I have about 4.5 oz of plain non-fat yogurt with a mixture of fruit, usually blueberries and strawberries.  Once in a while I will have a piece of whole wheat toast or a boiled egg white.  Breakfast isn't usually my problem, as I don't feel hungry in the AM.  I need a fix for after dinner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

English muffin topped w/ avocado, tomato and hard boiled egg -

Best Answer

Slightly depends on my activity level. But my go to is to take a medium squash, 1/3 of a yellow onion, and 1/4 of a bell pepper, cut them up, put them in a pan with about 1/2 cup of water and paprika, and let them boil till they are done. Then cook two eggs and put them on top. Sometimes i'll add hummus, or a potato that I cooked the night before for a little something extra. Super tasty and good for you! and of course coffee on the side.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Sunday I usually prepare frozen breakfast sandwiches for the week. One scrambled egg, muenster cheese,a slice of bacon either in an English muffin or ciabatta roll. Otherwise a cup of full fat Greek yogurt and ancient grain granola.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Often I'll just have a whole everything bagel with cream cheese, and always coffee with creamer. Today was half a bagel, still with cream cheese, with an over easy egg on top, all doused with hot sauce. The protein in the egg really helps as I typically eat nothing between breakfast and lunch. 

The weekends is usually something slightly fancier, like a breakfast hash, omelette, etc. Definitely breakfast becomes more caloric for me on the weekends. haha. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Most days it's two eggs, two ounces of turkey sausage, a little bit of bell pepper, and a light sprinkle of cheese, plus coffee, and some hot sauce on days off.  If I know I'm going to be doing a lot at home that day I'll add a bit more food--maybe some carbs for initial energy, like some hash browns and tabasco or something.

My go-to for days off used to be egg and turkey sausage burritos, till I added up the calorie count.  Going from the burritos to my above menu saved me almost 1500 cal/week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only eat 2 meals a day.  During the week I eat Breakfast and Lunch - on weekends, I eat Lunch and Dinner with the family.  (I travel during the week).

I eat a lot for breakfast as it is hard to get my daily calories in with only breakfast and lunch.

Typical breakfast is 

2 packs of plain oatmeal (with a banana cut up in them)

greek yogurt

1 Jimmy dean scrambles (basically an omelet with bacon or sausage)

large cup of coffee.

It ends up just a little over 700 calories.

Best Answer

One cup of coffee with about a 1 tsp of butter, 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 1/20 tsp of pure stevia powder added to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I generally have one large egg, scrambled, with a small amount of cheese, with salsa on two small Weight Watchers whole wheat tortillas. (about 275 calories)

Sometimes I'll have Special K Vanilla Almond cereal with a bit of milk. (about 305 calories)

Sometimes I will treat myself to coffee with coffee creamer which adds around 40 calories, but it's usually only once or twice a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Typically, I will have 3 piece of mixed fruit, and a probiotic yogurt, 4oz. Always a Banana in the mix, with maybe a peach and an Apricot or Nectarine. 

On the occasion I will mix it up with 2 eggs(fried), on a piece of Sour dough bread, toasted, mayo not butter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the idea of using the logging to see protein intake.  I think I will start doing this for that very reason.  I think I am getting enough protein; but maybe I am not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

on a normal day, i skip it, or just have a cup of tea. I have tried eating breakfast and regulating my food for years, and I have discovered that I am one of those people that naturally would rather wait a couple hours to eat.  I have a lunch, dinner, and a snack at bedtime, and so far I have been more successful than ever before, and most importantly - not hungry, with the exception of 1-2 days per month when i want to binge, usually just before the scale moves a larger tick.

On the weekends, breakfast turns into a late brunch. usually eggs, or grilled tomatoes with some kind of strong cheese. Although I am thinking about a trimmed down version of fried rice for brunch tomorrow...

Best Answer
0 Votes