Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I have only started eating breakfast over the last month since getting my Fitbit.  I enjoyed reading all the diferent suggestions.  Mostly I've been doing 1 cup of greek yogurt with 1 cup of mixed berries.  Somedays I do a bagel with hummus.  A few times I did 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese and a banana.  I also tried oatmeal.....didn't care for it as a child and learned I still don't care for it.

Best Answer

Cheetsnyc,  I really don't think that is alot  of sugar  unless you are on a low carb plan or Paleo or something similar.  IMHO   

If you are counting calories you have what you want and count the calories.   But be mindful that  it is important to have foods that are nutrient dense (healthier)   and also  those that may be less so but you want to fit them in order not to feel deprived.     You also want a sense of well being on your diet and a feeling you could eat like this forever.  

Some people might suggest  changing out the white bread for a multi-grain which seems reasonable.   (though I admit I eat Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White myself because I love it. )     

Fitbit will figure out a proper calorie deficit for you based on what you entered to lose per week and how much you exercise.  (ie pound a week or 2  etc )  

Fitbit's food diary log is excellent--I like it better than MyFitnessPal and I don't have to sinc the 2 sites. 

Best Answer

I usually have two scrambeled eggs with salsa and at least 1/2 of a avocado( made into guac) on top along with either a piece of bacon or sausage or I have scrambleled eggs with cheese etc. I have been keto adapted for years due to some health issues that limits my diet so I eat far more fat a day than most people.

Best Answer

Wheatberries with Cranberries, Apple & Raspberry Vinegar - [W.berries: 140g cooked weight; Dried Cranberries: 1tbsp chopped, pre-soaked in 1tbsp home-made raspberry vinegar; Pink Lady Apple: 1/2-1 piece depending on how hungry]. Despite the name, NO wheat and keeps me going for a good 3-4 hours and no dreaded tummy bloatWoman Very Happy

Best Answer

msfarkee,

thanks for the input, i am actually not on any special diet im just  trying to eat healthy and maintain fit. although i have been running and working out for years,  i am fairly new to dieting, calorie, carbs, and suger counting. i also like the fitbit software and everything that it offers from sleep, food, and heart rate monitoring. it is helping learn alot about myself and my meal intake. thats funny about the pepprige farm we all have a little weakness. i use run keeper and i dont know why the two sites wont merge together but fitbit is better. as the days go on im learning alot and changing things up bettering myself. thanks again for the input.

Best Answer

Brekkie

Usually some variation of this. This morning I combined 3 containers of Yoplait 35 calorie yogurt, then topped with 1/4 cup Cheerios, 50g strawberries, 25g blueberries and 5g pecans for a grand total of 195 calories. It was delicious, and turned out so pretty I had to take a picture 😛

Best Answer
0 Votes

and I thought I was the only one who took a picture of my plate sometimes because of the way it looked.  LOL

Best Answer
I struggle with breakfast. Most traditional breakfast foods are either way too sweet or way too greasy for me first thing in the morning. I have a couple of "go to" meals that are just right 🙂
1. Chocolate PB/ almond smoothie:
1cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
1tbsp natural peanut or almond butter
1tbsp cocoa
1frozen banana
2 ice cubes
All blended together it is such a mild & tasty breakfast

It is the winter though, so when I need something warm & hearty I make a bowl of plain cooked oats and add some fruit.
Best Answer

I use the Fit bit food calculator. It has helped me with actually seeing my totals for meals and has helped me improve my meal intakes. And with portions! I have lost a total of 21 pounds between Weight Watchers and now Fit bit. 

Best Answer

This is very close to my breakfast. But I try to spread it out more. I mix my oatmeal with chia, hemp nuts,ground flax, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sometimes raisins or a banana ( trying to wean off these 2). Two boiled eggs and a sliced tomato. 

I want to add the bacon and english muffin and see if I can make it last til 2-3 in the afternoon. That would be awesome. 

Best Answer

I have 2 go-to breakfasts:

Most often, I enjoy a parfait with whatever fruit is in season (or that I froze while it was in season), Stonyfield plain yogurt and my own homemade nutty granola.

Occasionally, I need something warm and will cook up some plain oameal and top with either raisins or dried cranberries.

I also sometimes eat eggs, but they are really more of an afternoon snack to me.

Best Answer

Go to breakfast: !/3 cup all bran, I carton low fat yogurt, 1 serving favorite fruit. Mix and eat!

Best Answer

I also have a veggie-fruit smoothies for breakfast 3 times a week.  Handful of spinach, Kale, flex seed, carrott, half an apple, little ginger, celery, stevia, ice cubes protein powder.

I heard on Dr. Oz. that to much spinach has health concerns.

Have a great day....

Best Answer

I eat a Medifast Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal Packet (100 calories), 2 pieces of toast (40 calorie Honey Wheat Bread) for 80 calories, 20 grams of Fiber One Cereal 40 calories.  Total 220 calories.  Sometimes I have 3 toasts and no Fiber one.  Occasionally I have a Hormeal Compleats Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal tray (160 calories), 1 toast (40 calories) and 10 grams of Fiber One.  I use Walden Farms Marshmallow Cream Dip (0 calories) on my toast.  The other thing is 1 or 1.5 containers of egg beaters scrambled (60 - 90 calories) with 2 pieces of toast (80 calories), and 1/3 container of Quaker Instant Grits in a cup (50 calories).  Total calories 220 calories.

Best Answer

I eat a Medifast Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Oatmeal Packet (100 calories), 2 pieces of toast (40 calorie Honey Wheat Bread) for 80 calories, 20 grams of Fiber One Cereal 40 calories.  Total 220 calories.  Sometimes I have 3 toasts and no Fiber one.  Occasionally I have a Hormeal Compleats Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal tray (160 calories), 1 toast (40 calories) and 10 grams of Fiber One.  I use Walden Farms Marshmallow Cream Dip (0 calories) on my toast.  The other thing is 1 or 1.5 containers of egg beaters scrambled (60 - 90 calories) with 2 pieces of toast (80 calories), and 1/3 container of Quaker Instant Grits in a cup (50 calories).  Total calories 220 calories.

Morning snack varies between Fiber One, mix of Fiber One and original Go Lean, and 1 Medifast Brownie. 

Best Answer
I carry mine to work, so need something to put in the lunch box.

1/2 cup low or no fat Greek yogurt
1 ounce sliced strawberries
A dash of cinnamon and Splenda packet
Best Answer

Mine is gluten free rice krispees with skim milk, a banana and Orange Juice to sallow my meds.

Best Answer

Black Coffee, 2 sweetners (or sugar if I forget them)

Maybe a protein shake at 11am, 60g of power, 45g protein

Dont do breakfast, havent since I started secondary school

I'm fine till half one two oclock, but if I eat breakfast, I'm starving by 10am and eat everything I get my hands on.

Charge HR 2
208lbs 01/01/18 - 197.8lbs 24/01/18 - 140lbs 31/12/18
Best Answer

i usually don't wake up early enough to cook a breakfast, so i'll eat 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs. sometimes, i'll make a smoothie with a cup of greek yogurt, coconut water and some fruit.

Best Answer

Everyday I have a simple combination of 1 cup fatfree plain greek yogurt, 1/2 c. Fiber One Cereal, 1 small banana, 1 Tbsp dried blueberries, and 1 Tbsp dried cranberries.  Occassionally, I'll also add 1 Tblsp sunflower seeds. Very satisfying and keeps me going until lunch.

John
Best Answer