Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

During the work week I usually eat half of an apple with 1tbsp of peanut butter. I started with a whole apple and 2tbps, but it got to the point where I just wasn't hungry enough to eat it all.

On the weekends I like to scramble two eggs with some spinach and a slice of 2% american cheese and put it in 1/2 of a pita. Its delicious and portable!!

Best Answer

I buy lean ground poultry (chicken or turkey), mix in some spices and then press flat into a casserole dish. Cook it in the oven and then pour a mixture of egg whites (or whole eggs), peppers, onions (or whatever veg you like) on top and cook until the middle is no longer liquidy. 

Cut into squares and you have an easy low carb, high protein omelet to go for every day of the week. 

Best Answer

@RumpleSchwarzen That sounds really good! Do you do any meal prepping? Can that recipe be prepare before hand?

There's a thread over here and I'd love to hear if you do any meal prepping Cat Wink

Welcome to the forums!

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

The following breakfasts are probably my favourite;

- 250g Soy yoghurt with coconut + 30g Cashewnuts + 5g Chia seeds + Banana + Kiwi (=460 kcal)

- 2 whole Medium Eggs and 3 Eggwhites baked in Organic Virgin Coconut Oil + 5g Chia Seeds + Vegetables (Paprika, cucumber, tomato..)
 + A glass (300ml) of Almond Milk (=400 kcal)

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
"Have Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like a Beggar."

A lot of people seem to completely try to cut out carbs as much as possible?
How does that work? I'm assuming they must have many digestion problems AND miss out on many vitamins! Losing weight has to be done in a healthy way!

-Fibre found in carbs should ideally account for 55% of your daily caloric intake,
-They prevent colocancer and have a positive effect on diabetes and high cholesterol.

-Lessens allergies
-Better regulation of eating behaviour
-Less cariës
-Lower risk to osteoporosis
-Enhance peristaltic movement of the bowels
-Fastens the transit, prevents constipation

Don't cut out carbs, even when you're trying to lose weight!
Choose for full grain-products!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Refrigerator Oatmeal and a piece of fresh fruit or a small handful of nuts.

Best Answer
Wow! I am impressed. That sounds like a lot of food and very little calories. This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for the idea
Best Answer
To Ny2Tx:
Wow! I am impressed. That sounds like a lot of food and very little calories. This is what I have been looking for. Thanks for the idea. Cherrie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried oatmeal and similar, but I find that if my breakfast isn't HIGH protein, even if it's carb heavy, I am not satisfied at all. I get hungry way before lunch. 

I'll also do poached eggs over sauteed asparagus or a sort of continental breakfast of hard boiled eggs with a little cheese, a little meat and fruit. 

If you can't tell, I'm obsessed with eggs. 

Ok, one more. 

I grew up in PA, cold! So soup for breakfast is a big thing with me. Italian Stracciatella is another favorite. Fat free chicken stock, add baby spinach, chicken sausage meatballs, shredded parmesan cheese, lemon juice and whisk in eggs. It's literally like 200 cals per serving and tastes amazing!

Best Answer
How is that working for you? I just started counting carbs instead of calories. Have not figured it out yet. Does it help eith weight loss?
Best Answer

I think it's more about what works for each person. Even as a kid i hated cereal, so i think you just need to try to tune into what your body really needs. If you want carbs at breakfast, my suggestion is to add a lot of fresh fruit like berries and some nuts. Or there are some good pancake recipes on the internet using nothing more than like bananas and eggs!

Best Answer
Spinach omlet with mushrooms, a few sunflower seeds sprinkled in and a little bit of grated cheese melted over the top. Very good, very filling and it gives me the energy I need to get through my busy mornings.
Best Answer

Cherrie, I'm not sure how long ago I posted whatever it was to which you responded. Since I started with my Flex a year ago, I have found that my exercising caused me to burn wayyyy more calories than any estimated calorie burn. So I have eaten alot more than would seem real.

I've never really felt as if I was dieting. At this point, I have blown through my goal weight and settled in almost 10 pounds below (not really a good thing). So much depends on how your body responds to the exercise you do. I do not "step." I get my steps from aggressive exercise. I walk alot, and I walk fast. And whenever I don't hit the streets, I use a Nordic Track exercise bike and knock out an hour to 1:20 at 16-18 mph (burns an estimated 1000-1250 calories right there). So I'm now at a place where even if I exceed the calories budgeted, I could lose and not gain weight.

As for alot of food for what seem to be few calories. If you carefully find the right foods, it can be done. I eat Dannon Plain Yogurt for breakfast (1/4 cup is 40 cals.) with Granola (120 cals for 1 oz) with a box of Sun Maid Raisins (90 cals). So that's 250 cals. I can add a whole egg omelet, egg = 73 cals, a piece of cheese (generally 70-90 cals), turkey sausage, canadian bacon or real bacon (apprx 50 cals) on a Thin Round Roll (Orowheat makes them) for 100 cals and I've added 310 cals.  All of that is under 600 cals. and I'm good to go.

I eat alot of Tysons Grilled Chicken Fajita Strips (3 oz = 100 calories). Put that on an 8" tortilla (carb balance Mission for 80 calories), add a small serving of Wholly Guacamole (100 calories) and 10 taco chips (Mission - 140 calories), I have a lunch for 420 calories.  Often at work, I will buy sliced turkey at the local supermarket.  Even if the package is 5 oz, it's only going to be 120-140 calories.

Everyone's body is different. But if you're at 1000 calories for breakfast and lunch, add healthy snacks etc., you have plenty of room in your calorie budget for a good dinner and even some empty calories.

Best Answer

3 Eggs

1 Cup sautéed spinach in coconut oil

1.5 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream in coffee

Best Answer

3 eggs scrambled, rasher of bacon, large mug of bullet-proof coffee.  Good to go until around 3pm. Repeat bpc. Tablespoon butter, heavy cream and coconut oil blended in coffee that is sweetened with stevia.

May the Force be with you. Han Solo
Best Answer

A big ol smoothy with cucumber, spinach, cabbage, chia seeds, protein powder and some berries.

Best Answer

@cokeypokey wrote:

A big ol smoothy with cucumber, spinach, cabbage, chia seeds, protein powder and some berries.

My only comment is to be more creative, look at portions sizes and calories, and eat more.  See my "normal" breakfasts. Under 600 calories...and I eat twice.

Best Answer

I sautee some onions and garlic with spinach along with two fried eggs (whole eggs)

Best Answer

Fried bean and scrambled eggs with ranch sauce. Simple and delicious. Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer

On the weekdays I have a whole grain bagel with greek yogurt cream cheese and fruit or a whole grain english muffin with butter and fruit or Cheerios with fruit.  To drink either water or 1% milk.  On the weekends I will have eggs and fruit.

Best Answer

Usually a big smoothie bowl w/ bananas, frozen mangos and berries. Topped with blue berries and sliced strawberries, maca powder, chia seeds, cacao nibs & powder, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds. ( Or shredded organic coconut.)

Fills me up pretty good and gives me better energy than coffee. I don't know the calorie count and don't want to.

Best Answer