Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I will have one ounce of oatmeal with cinammon, 1 cup of almond milk, and frozen blueberries or I will have 2 scoops of vegan protein shake from JJ Virgin's site with 1 cup of spinach and 1 cup frozen blueberries.   Sometimes will have an eggbeater's omelet with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and spinach.  

Best Answer

my go to for a sweet breakfast is a kashi blueberry frozen waffe, toast that baby and spread with a little peanut butter....cut it in half and lay sliced bananas on it, then close it up like a sandwich....or i guess you could just fold it over, lol.  it's soooo yummy!  and i have the remaining banana along with it. 

for savory, turkey bacon, eggwhites and mushrooms, kale at times....a little mozarella.  sometimes in an omelet, sometimes just a scramble.  if you chop the turkey bacon up before cooking it gets a much nicer crisp to it! 

🙂

Best Answer

My go to breakfast is porridge oats.

30g porridge oats

100-150ml semi skimmed milk

Either 1 banana / 1tbs Peanut Butter/ Hand ful of raisins/ Mixed berries

Best Answer

Typically two eggs over easy. Sometimes I'll use left over grassfed ground beef and a little cheddar cheese to make a wrap. My new favorite wraps are Tumaro's Ancient grain wraps...only 60 calories, lots of fiber. Or I eat the eggs between a piece of Sahlens ham. I aim for lots of protein in the AM since I'm short on time and need to make it to lunch without being starving. Other days I grab a banana and peanut butter. I use my fitness pal to track nutrients and calories. I try to stay low carb because I feel better and lose weight easier like that.

Best Answer

Six out of seven days I make the best ever iced coffee shake!! for over a year now..I use Canadian made  "Prairie Naturals Organic Hemp Protein Chocolate Powder" I add homemade nut milk (any kind) cinnamon, mexican vanilla, instant coffee and ten ice cubes ( can add dates for sweetness.. but I don't) .. OMG it is delicious and has helped me lose forty lbs.  I am non gluten/dairy and it too has helped major with my digestion etc...

Best Answer

Usually depending on time I do one of the following:

1) Smoothie in my Vitamix, usually Rawfusion peanut chocolate fudge with 1/4 cup unsweetened frozen strawberries and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Sometimes I use chocolate vegan Shakeology with PB2 instead of the Rawfusion.

or

2) Toasted Ezekiel English muffin with grilled marinated tofu with a bit of reduced fat Vegenaise, avo, baby spinach, and a tomato slice in a George Foreman grill

or 

3) Toasted Ezekiel English muffin with freshly ground PB with 1/2 sliced banana.

Best Answer

During the week, I almost always do one of the following: 

Savory oatmeal: Steel cut oats with some minced onions, 1 slice of Canadian bacon (diced), 1-2 tablespoons of sharp cheddar and/or parmesan cheese, several dashes of hot sauce. If I'm really hungry, I serve with a poached egg on top. I'll often make a big batch at the beginning of the week and pack it in individual servings to grab on the way to work. 

Frittata: Egg Beaters with ... whatever! Usually Canadian bacon, onion and cheese, but can vary depending on what I have in the fridge and/or feel like. Sometimes will throw shredded potatoes or leftover pasta in. Veggies on occasion (not a big fan, trying to eat more). Quick to make and once it's set, I can cut into wedges and wrap in foil to take to work where it's easy to eat as finger food. 

With either, I'll try to add some fruit on the side or a small can of V8. 

Weekends, I go out for breakfast every Saturday (usually some version of poached eggs) and Sundays can be anything. 

Best Answer

I have two go to Breakfasts, high in protein and lean in healthy fat/carbs...

I have trained (yes trained) myself to eat Friendly's 1% *whipped* cottage cheese, I like to add  in Cinnamon, Almond slivers, 1/3 Banana for flavor and texture

I also make a healthy breakfast quiche on Mondays that last the whole week, i add buffalo sauce to mine, YuM!  I have the whole recipe typed up and can send it over, if you want!

I'd love to know what other folks do to cottage cheese to make it more exciting!

Best Answer

Best Answer

1 cup Special K original, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 whole hard boiled egg, 1 hardboiled egg white only. 245 calories

Best Answer

Yes, I  specifically use the program to list what I eat. easy to use the barcode scanner to find my limit as to what I want to eat. Most everything has a barcode! and the program does give suggestions for other foods as to calories. Great Program.

Best Answer

For my breakfast I'll have 3 oz. Southwestern Style Egg Beaters (37 cal), slice of wheat toast (69 cal), one slice of Wellshire Turkey Bacon (40 cal), one oz of hash browns (66 cal). Total of 212 calories. Two bottles of water.

Best Answer

I usually stick to Quaker Oats So Simple Porridge Oats (Original) with semi skimmed milk. I'll normally have a white coffee with 1 sugar or I'll change it to a green tea other days.

Best Answer

An apple and one whole egg and one eggwhite scrambled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am very new to calorie counting and I am wondering after looking at your post about the percentages of each group you consume, Is there a recommended  % of each that I should be striving for, and if so how do I find out what that % is?  Thanks for the help

Best Answer

I am a Weight Watcher and follow their program. I swithch back and forth between their Simply Filling and Points Plus program. The focus of both is to comsume most of which they refer to as " power foods". I like this soooo much better than calorie counting. Let me know if you want more info. I direct you to places you can get the info if joining Weight Watchers is not for you..........

Best Answer
I would like to get the info but not join. I have lost 150 pounds in another program and am just trying to keep most of it off.
Nancy
Best Answer

Hello

I usually make Steel Cut oats in the slow cooker to eat for the week

8 cups water

2 cups oats

1/3 cup light brown sugar

Then I can take them to work each morning and the kids can have some

197 calories

32 carbs

If I want some varitey I sprinkle cinnamon on top after it is warmed up

Or if I am in a hurry I eat a starkist lunch to go which is 230 calories amd 20 carbs

Best Answer

Good for you.  A typical breakfast for me is oatmeal with blue berries.

@NY2TX wrote:

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer

@Urrang wrote:

I absolutly love breakfast! And there are soo many varations. I like pancakes (1 egg + 1/2 banana), fried eggs with or without bacon, fruit, smoothies and so on. I post a lot of recipes on my blog if someone here struggles with what they want to eat for breakfast and always end up with the same: www.frokenfitness.blogg.no

That sound good but I often have a beer in the evenings so I am trying to limit my calories.

Best Answer