Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

I've been on a fruit kick lately. Breakfast for me is green tea and greek yogurt with fruit - always include blueberries and sometimes almonds or walnuts. It's so yummy and healthy.

Best Answer

LOVE bulletproof coffee.  Dave's podcasts have been a huge inspiration to me.  I usually have some eggs for breakfast scrambled with veggies.

A few hours later I'll make an acai bowl topped with fruit, nuts, seeds, and other superfoods.  (Trying to avoid the heavy sugar in the early morning.. they're just oh so good!)

Best Answer
I generally skip breakfast, but when I don't skip, I love oatmeal with
blueberries.
Best Answer
Steel cut oats with coconut sugar, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and banana. To
die for!

--
Denise J. Hibbard
Denise.J.Hibbard@gmail.com
www.denisehibbard.com

Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Most of the time my brekky consists of either grilled button mushrooms or baked beans or smoked salmon on a 1 slice of toast with 1 poached egg, 1/2 of avocado or 1 tomato, I add garlic and turmeric for taste and health benefits, sometimes if I am lazy I just make porridge and add some supergrains and superfruits. I drink green tea with every meal. 

Best Answer

Weekday mornings I will either have coffee with whole milk and no sweetener, maybe a protein bar (which I do try to limit) or some nuts if I'm hungry later, or I'll have a low carb protein shake.  I keep three different flavors at work, so I just fill the shaker with water and dump in the powder.

Saturday mornings, I go for a run, or at least my beginner version of it which includes a lot of walking too.  I'm usually not all that hungry after, so I'll have a cup of Special K Chocolately Delight with half a cup of whole milk.  It's about all the dark chocolate I can handle without getting a migraine, and it tastes really good.

Sunday morning is the meal I absolutely love.  We go out for breakfast every week, without fail, and I always have a three egg omelette with mozzarella and black olives.  They serve it with sliced and fried potatoes, and I'll usually have 3 or 4 slices, leaving the rest, and then a slice of sourdough toast with butter.  An iced tea wth lemon washes the whole thing down.  I do not skip that meal no matter what.  It's about 700 calories or so, and it carries me through to dinner, so it's really not as indulgent as it sounds.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer

My favorite breakfast is : a spoon full of Greek Yogurt, combine it will rolled/steel cut oats, some granola, topped with fresh fruit.  - rasberries, blueberries, banana, kiwi, strawberries, etc. Mixed all together.

Best Answer

One egg (77 cals)

3 slices Canadian bacon (60 cals)

English muffin (110 cals)

2 cups coffee with sugar free coffee mate (30 cals)

Total cals is 277.  This holds me until lunch which I eat at 11:30.  I used to do the "low calorie" multigrain english muffin, but felt that it tasted like a piece of cardboard, and the calorie savings were just not worth it. (only 20 cals saved).

Best Answer

Greek yogurt with raw almonds when I'm good.  Slimfast shake when I'm lazy.  Pancakes when I'm bad!!!  With a little coffee and sugar free cream!!!

Best Answer

Everyday I use it for the last to weeks.  I think its kind of fun!

Best Answer

typically i'll make an omelet with 1 large egg and egg white. I will add spinach and tomatoes, maybe some cheese. Then I'll have a side of cantaloupe and maybe a piece of wheat toast. Very simple, easy and delicious.

Best Answer

When i wake up i drink a shot of coffee with warm water and honey.

After workout 6 eggs and a banana.Protein and Oats.

Sunflower seeds,Flax Seeds and watermelon seeds

Before 2 hrs of lunch 2 seasonal fruits and coconut water.

Best Answer

On the weekends, hubby takes me out for breakfast so I usually get eggs and yogurt or fresh fruit.  But on the week days he is at work and I get my favorite.  I make a nut and seed cereal.  It tastes so good and only has 9 carbs per serving!  I put vanilla or chocolate almond milk on it.  And I have a cup of coffee.  In the winter I nuke it in the mic and it makes a nice hot cereal too.  Don't need to add sweetner and there is nothing artificial in it.  Yummy!  If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to share the recipe.

Elendili

Best Answer

@Driver8 There are lots of ideas on this.  None of them are wrong.  The best I can tell you is that you want a balance that is right for your body.  This is a hard thing to do because everybody's body is different.  There are ratios you can find on the CDC website or on WEBMD to start with.  The American Diabetes Association also has help on their website.  But the bottom line is that you will discover after awhile a balance that works best for you.  It will be one that helps you lose or maintain your weight and still keeps you healthy.  If there are people in this thread that know some exact ratio information and are willing to share, that would also be a good starting point.  Unfortunately, although the fitbit software does keep track of all this information, it only uses caloric values to tell you if you have eaten too much or too little, the rest is up to you.  Maybe sometime down the line they will allow us to set goals for fat protien and carbs too.  That would be ideal!

Elendili

Best Answer

I'm so impressed by how much so many of you get around to in the morning!

I just have oatmeal, which I prepare at night, so all I have to do in the morning, is shove it into the microwave.

I'll usually add a chopped up apple, a teaspoon of ginger and a dash of salt to 60 grams of oats, and that's that. I sometimes add berries, or whatever else I find that I think will be tasty.

Also, I sweeten with stevia-infused cane sugar. Not much is needed at all, on account of the stevia.

Best Answer

All of your oatmeal ideas sound so good!  I wish I could eat them!  But I have lots of food allergies and grains are just the tip of the iceberg.  To make flour, I grind nuts and seeds in my Ninja to a fine powder.  I add a bit of baking powder to this mix and then follow the normal wheat flour instructions in the recipe.  I also add a bit to the baking time.  I've had pretty good luck with this so far.  But it is not the same as eating wheat bread, rice or oatmeal etc.  Drat!  I envy you!

Elendili

Best Answer

That is an excellent tip @Elendili! I usually use mashed up bananas and eggs; I had not considered using nuts as a flour (I only think of them for macaroons Smiley Tongue). 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I usually rotate on one of these items depending what I'm in the mood for:

• Hot Matcha Latte: 2 cups Whole Milk, 1/2 t. Green Tea Matcha Powder, 2 packets Raw Brown Sugar.
  • Hot Chai Latte: 2 cups Whole Milk, 2 T. Trader Joe's Spiced Latte Powder.
  • Hot Chocolate: 2 cups Whole Milk, 1-2 T. Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Chocolate Powder.
  • A can of Agua de Coco con Pulpa 16.9 oz.

If I want something to eat instead of drink:

• 1 slice gluten-free bread toasted, 1 egg cooked, 2 slices bacon and tiny slice sharp cheddar cheese, open-faced sandwich.
  • Soup: either Pho, or a packet of instant rice noodle Asian Soup.
  • Left-overs: could be meat and rice, gluten-free pizza, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, etc.
  • Salad: usually a bagged ready-made from the store, favorite is Asian.
  • Occasionally Quacker Oatmeal Packets pre-sweetened fruit flavor
  • A cup of Beef Bone Broth when I cook some in the crock pot with a few veggies.
  • Plain whole milk Greek Yogurt and a sprinkle of Granola and Honey.

Best Answer

I like to have a chocolate bodykey meal replacement shake most mornings. I'm always too lazy to make breakfast and this way I actually have breakfast in the morning. I've got a gluten intolerance so its nice to have a quick option that won't make me sick

Best Answer

I start my day with a Black Iced Tea from Starbucks.  During the week I have one sunny side egg with a side of sausage or bacon.  Nothing else before lunch.  I try to focus on protein and limit (eliminate) sugar.

Best Answer