Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

Lately I've been having half a grapefruit for it's anti-cortisol properties and a seed-heavy granola for fiber and protein. It keeps me going until about 11:30 most days!

Best Answer

egg white sandwich consisting of 2 large egg whites, extra lean thin slice deli turkey (approx 2 slices) and either english muffin toasted or whole wheat medium size tortilla wrap.

Best Answer

I tend to go back and forth between the following:

Whole grain cereal with almond/flax milk, walnuts/almonds, and a fruit (usually banana, raisins, or berries).

Oatmeal with blueberries, flax seed, and chia seeds, with a banana.

Hardboiled egg, yogurt, and either banana or apple slices with peanut butter. If no peanut butter, then grapes or an orange.

Open-faced sandwich of avocado, salsa, and hardboiled egg on multigrain bread.

Open-faced sandwich of almond butter, banana, strawberries, and cinnamon on multigrain bread.

(The variation depends mostly on whether it's a running day or an "I need to stay awake in class" day.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to make something I call Grandpa's Toast.  1/2 Avocado mashed with 2T Salsa, Seasoned Salt, Cholula Hot Sauce and 1t Chia seed.  I spead this on two slices of whole wheat toast.  I top it with 1/4 to 1/3 cup pumpkin seed.  This keeps me going for a long time and my stomach really likes it.  I think it comes in around 500-600 calories.   

Best Answer

What is bulletproof coffee, thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a link that explains it, but it is basically coffee with a couple of tablespoons of unsalted butter and a couple tablespoons coconut oil.  Blend to all together in a blender.

http://www.endofthreefitness.com/how-to-make-bulletproof-coffee-and-become-a-better-human/

Best Answer

I use the fitbit food log but I have to be careful with some of their food counts. I find that they may be off from what the food really is. I use calorieking.com as a checkpoint to see if the calorie counts are correct.

I came from the low cal/low carb mind set and just recently was told by a nutritionist/trainer that i wasn't eating enough food for a minimal body function! She calculated where my calories should be after taking all my measurements (including body fat) and how many times I am exercising during the week. I am now eating abotu 400 - 500  calories more then what I am used to eating! Feeling good and feeling healthy about the way I am eating and exercising. I cut out the processed foods, sugars and wheat, mainly just veg, good carbs and a protein these days!

breakfast: Oatmeal with a veggie frittata ( 1 egg, 1 serving of egg beaters and lots o'veggies) = around 500 calories

Best Answer

I really love a slice of wheat bread topped with half of an avacado and one fried egg with a little salt and pepper. Fried eggs are my guilty pleasure... I could put them on anything and call it perfection! I use the My Fitness Pal app to keep an eye on my nutritional info and this ranks in at around 250 calories. I accompany this with coffee and almond milk creamer and call it a meal!

Best Answer

Breakfast for me is the best time of the day. Oats, banana, pumpkin puree, flax seed, an egg, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and cofee. Yum

Best Answer

Usually on rotation and depending on the season/weather:

Greek yogurt (either 2% or full fat - **ahem**e is the best imo) with half a banana, berries, almonds and granola if I made some

Porridge with banana and peanut or almond butter

Whole wheat toast with peanut or almond butter and banana

Occasionally a green smoothie with eggs on toast on the side

Black coffee always and forever

Best Answer

I have shredded wheat probably three times per week.   Regular eggs about 6 during the week. (good source of iodine)   I like the the cranberry pita break at least 3 times a week. (low sodium and extremely low fat)  I like my daily banana about 1/2 to 3/4 and other fruits like grapes or blueberries, raspberries.

(stuff that gives higher fibre)   Peanutbutter on my cranberry pita is a normal additive with decaf coffee and skim milk.  I am a level 2 diabetic but I've traded off worrying about carbs, as long as most of them are complex carbs rather than simple ones.   I try to keep my sodium count under 2500mg per day and my sugars have been  well under control for over two years  now.   This is not a rigid diet and I still go out with my wife for breakfast regularly and enjoy poached eggs, dry whole wheat toast and tomato slices instead of homefries, along with bacon.  (bacon is not an enemy for me as it is low cal, with protein)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually eat a bowl of Kashi cereal and coconut milk before I go for my morning run. When I get home I follow up with a 16 oz smoothie made with kale, banana, coconut milk, and protein powder. That usually fills me up until early afternoon!

Best Answer

I twisted my ankle so I have been off the grid but getting back on this week.  I think a good breakfast includes three slices of turkey bacon and two eggs over easy.  

Best Answer

I am a level 2 diabetic and I always watch my sugar count.   Carbs are not necessarily your enemy as long as the majority of carbs consumed are complex ones and not simple ones.   Other things in your diet may raise your blood sugar more than complex carbs.  Check with your doctor/nutritionist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done coffee in oatmeal for years, and  your right, it is tasty.   A lot less fat than milk, and less sugar than milk, along with less sodium.   It is a wonderful non-mistake.

Best Answer

Cereal, either bran flakes or one Weetabix biscuit with almond milk & fruit.

Or -

Oatmeal or quinoa with almond milk and fruit.

Or - my favorite, although since I'm trying to go more plant-based I've cut back on how often I have it -

One egg, one piece of rye toast with one teaspoon butter, maybe a quarter of an avocado, or maybe a couple of mushrooms, tomato, and fruit.

Always black coffee, although I seem to only ever have time to drink about half a cup of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What would you suggest for a nutty bar?  There are sooooo many to choose from.  Suggestions?

Best Answer

@jken wrote:

What would you suggest for a nutty bar?  There are sooooo many to choose from.  Suggestions?

@jken, my nutritionist suggested KIND Bars. I really like them and find that they satisfy my snack craving. I've tried others, like KIND.

Best Answer

@jken wrote:

I'm addicted to the  Nutty Dark Chocolate Wellness Bar from BodyKey

-Non-GMO ingredients

-Contains natural ingredients.

-Gluten free.

-No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.

Best Answer

Try a little sprinkled splenda on a hard boiled egg white. Tastes just like pancakes, I kid you not.

Also, Kind Bars are amazingly good. There is a newer brand called Earnest Eats who does only breakfast stuff, all natural and all healthy. Good options.

Best Answer