Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

My current breakfast is refrigerator oatmeal.

Night before, I take a 8 oz Ball jar (jelly jar). Put in 1/2 cup regular oatmeal, 1 Tablespoon chia seed, 1/2 cup almond milk, and 1 Tablespoon maple syrup. Shake it up. Put it in the fridge.

Take it out and put it into my lunch box. Then, eat for breakfast when I get to work.

Add raisins, nuts, blueberries if I have them.

Satisfyin!

Best Answer

I love refrigerator oatmeal!

I made some with oats, peanut butter powder, chocolate chips and whole milk about a week ago and it was amazing, even just eating it cold.

Unfortunately, mine was about 350 calories, so I have to limit them to workout days.

My protein shake is 130-220 calories, and my iced coffee with whole milk is a measly 40 calories.  Even two eggs cooked in butter is only about 250 calories.

FitBit One
"You should really wear a helmet."
5K 9/2015 - 36:59.57
Best Answer

My favorite breakfast is a "loaded" bowl of steel cut oats with hemp seeds, flax meal, wheat germ, protein powder, pecans and mulberry berries - and then topped with lovely light vanilla almond milk.  1/3 cup at an estimated 250 calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I will give it a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just have two slices of toast for breakfast.:P 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone!

I typically have a bowl of cereal with almonds and almond milk. If I am not in the mood for cereal, as it sometimes makes me feel bloated, I instead eat 2 bananas with 1 apple, sliced, with honey poured on top (below is a pic of my fruit buffet). If you never tried it, I definitely suggest giving it a chance! 

bfast.jpeg

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I am not hungry in the mornings but I never miss breakfast.   My everyday breakfast is 1/2 cup of egg beaters- I buy the Florentine, and Southwest versions for variety. I might add more veggies like mushrooms, spinach or broccoli.   This is only around 80-90 calories, but I begin munching on raw veggies shortly after I get to work.

Best Answer

I will try that, it sounds tasty. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Annie-NHSounds like a healthy breakfast! Raw veggies are always good in the AM!

@AomearaIt's delicious! You can add and remove fruits as you wish! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Breakfast 1: 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil. Fruit. Toast sometimes.

Breakfast 2: Veggie omelette with fruit. I don't usually use cheese in my omelettes. Roasted vegetables or some chopped spinach for the filling. I do use herb mixtures such as Italian.

Breakfast 3: Kashi GoLean, unsweetened almond milk, fruit.

Breakfast 4: Overnight crockpot oatmeal: 1 cup steel-cut oats, 5 cups water. Put crockpot on low and wake up to a hot breakfast. I also add vanilla, cinnamon, and chopped apple sometimes.

And coffee ... always coffee. Black, no sugar.

Best Answer

lots of protein  (some combination of the following)

cottage cheese (alone or with applesauce)

eggs cooked in microwave

turkey or chicken

garbanzo beans, pinto beans and kidney beans with balsamic salad dressing (microwaved for 20 seconds)

cheddar cheese sticks

leftover dinner

Best Answer

Just read this interesting article about breakfast, snacking, etc. 

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/08/21/433239573/rethinking-breakfast-what-we-eat-may-trump-...

Best Answer

I usually have a protein shake.  Its just over 300 calories and fills you up.

1 Scoop  - MyProtein

1 Cup - Blue berries (or other fruit)

1 TBSP - Chia seeds

1 Cup Almond Milk

Best Answer

4 egg whites, 1 banana and 25 ounces of water...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two eggs and two slices of bacon with 2 cups of coffee. It's about 280 calories and the protein satisfies until lunch time.

Best Answer

@kate88booksFinally, I meet someone who drinks coffee black, no sugar!

@REDavisProtein shakes always fill me up when I have them in the morning! Definitely helps with not feeling bloated too! Keeps me satisfied until lunch too! 

Best Answer

sunflower  seeds

@NY2TX wrote:

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

and OJ.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Vegan overnight oats ( 3/4 cup oats, 3/4 cup almond milk, stevia and cinnamon ) topped with a tbsp of peanut butter and whatever fruit i have! 

Super yummy! *-*

Best Answer

@julesrules1Sodium free or regular sunflower seeds?

I will try this tomorrow morning!

Best Answer

This morning I ate,

1/2 red grapefruit

1/4 c of egg whites with 1/2 ounce of low fat cheddar

1 slice of high fibre toast  with 2 slice of tomatoes and 1/4 of avocado

1/2 cup of steel cut oatmeal

2 drops of stevia

1/2 cup of 1% milk

I am type 2 diabetic diagnosed April 30 and my bs is well controlled by diet upper 4's and lower 5's and 500mg metformin twice a day

I have lost 36.7 lbs since then.

Best Answer