Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating well with IBS

Hello everybody

Just after a little bit of inspiration if possible please.  Had a really bad year in 2017 due to my Irritable Bowel Syndrome.  I am looking to push my fitness in the New Year and I am after some help with regards to healthy eating with IBS if any of you guys suffer from it?

Thanks

Blaine

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the community, @bahnstormer!

No personal issue with IBS, but I listened to a very interesting podcast with Dr. Cassandra Forsythe on IBS and FODMAP.

In the podcast, she mentioned an app by Monash University, available for iOS and Android. The app can be used to identify foods that cause discomfort. A friend of mine who suffers from IBS tried it and she found it useful (and worth its small price).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much, I will have a look at that

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't specialize in FODMAP but a lot of my colleagues do. I've known a few people who find it beneficial for their IBS. 

Yours in Health,Julie Wallace,. Dietitian Nutritionist (specialties are meal plans, women's, children's, and vegetarian nutrition)
Best Answer
0 Votes