Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ground Beef Recipe Ideas

ANSWERED

Hi Everyone!

Every time we buy a side of beef, we get a lot of ground beef and so I'm always looking for some new recipes for it. The ground beef recipes already in my rotation are: hamburgers, shepherds pie, stuffed cabbage, meat sauce for pasta, chili, tacos, sloppy joes, and meatloaf/meatballs.

Does anyone have other ideas or recipes for ground beef? Perhaps you have a unique variation on meatloaf or chili that I can try. The recipes can be 'advanced'; I'm not afraid of hard work or complicated food. Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Stuffed bell peppers is a good use for ground beef, also cabbage soup with ground beef.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

how about adding in some ground lamb and making gyros?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe.html

LCHF since June 2013

Best Answer

We have a lot of ground beef in our freezer, so I know exactly how you feel! I like to make beef & bean chimichangas, stuffed peppers, spaghetti, chili, stuffing meatloaf, and tin-foil dinners. The stuffing meatloaf is so easy & delish - one pound ground beef, one box of stovetop stuffing, one egg, and one cup of water. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Tin-foil dinners are another favorite - hamburger patties, cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, onion, salt, pepper, and a little oil all wrapped up in a tin-foil packet. Cook in the oven or grill for 45 minutes to an hour & voila!

Best Answer

Besides all the other great ideas mentioned, I love making beef stroganoff. I usually do it from scratch now but there are packaged seasonings available for it too. I always seem to have half a bag of egg noodles in my cabinet so this works well for using those up.

Sometimes if I have a little bit of ground meat left over, I'll mix it in with my scrambled eggs or in the centre of an omelette with a bit of cheese. We love spicy in my house but if you like italian, try adding a dab of tomato sauces with the appropriate spices/herbs. 

A specific recipe I love is SkinnyTaste's Cheeseburger Casserole. Great if you love burgers but need a bit of change in the delivery. 

Best Answer

there's a dish my grandma makes that involves grinding raw peeled potatoes, then squeezing out as much of the water as possible, adding flour until it forms a dough, and then making them into fist-sized balls. Inside the balls you put a mixture of thick pieces of pork fat and ground beef. Then you boil them in beef broth mixed with onions. They're served in a bowl with a little bit of the broth, cut in half with a dollop of butter and lingonberry jam (cranberry would probably work?)

The next day you can slice them and fry them in butter. 

They're not exactly low cal but that was the only thing I could think of 😃 

Best Answer
Just made savoury beef mince served over baked sweet potato- found the recipe at stayathomemum.com.au.... It was great

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Stuffed bell peppers is a good use for ground beef, also cabbage soup with ground beef.

Best Answer

how about adding in some ground lamb and making gyros?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/gyro-meat-with-tzatziki-sauce-recipe.html

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

We have a lot of ground beef in our freezer, so I know exactly how you feel! I like to make beef & bean chimichangas, stuffed peppers, spaghetti, chili, stuffing meatloaf, and tin-foil dinners. The stuffing meatloaf is so easy & delish - one pound ground beef, one box of stovetop stuffing, one egg, and one cup of water. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour. Tin-foil dinners are another favorite - hamburger patties, cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, onion, salt, pepper, and a little oil all wrapped up in a tin-foil packet. Cook in the oven or grill for 45 minutes to an hour & voila!

Best Answer

Besides all the other great ideas mentioned, I love making beef stroganoff. I usually do it from scratch now but there are packaged seasonings available for it too. I always seem to have half a bag of egg noodles in my cabinet so this works well for using those up.

Sometimes if I have a little bit of ground meat left over, I'll mix it in with my scrambled eggs or in the centre of an omelette with a bit of cheese. We love spicy in my house but if you like italian, try adding a dab of tomato sauces with the appropriate spices/herbs. 

A specific recipe I love is SkinnyTaste's Cheeseburger Casserole. Great if you love burgers but need a bit of change in the delivery. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies. I especially like the gyros, but I'll be incorporating all of your ideas into my repertoire. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

there's a dish my grandma makes that involves grinding raw peeled potatoes, then squeezing out as much of the water as possible, adding flour until it forms a dough, and then making them into fist-sized balls. Inside the balls you put a mixture of thick pieces of pork fat and ground beef. Then you boil them in beef broth mixed with onions. They're served in a bowl with a little bit of the broth, cut in half with a dollop of butter and lingonberry jam (cranberry would probably work?)

The next day you can slice them and fry them in butter. 

They're not exactly low cal but that was the only thing I could think of 😃 

Best Answer

oh and the beef / pork should be cooked before you stuff the dumplings. I just realized I should probably point that out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds really unique and delicous @Megara9! Definitely not a worknight endeavor for me, but I might give a whirl this weekend. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

let me know how it turns out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just made savoury beef mince served over baked sweet potato- found the recipe at stayathomemum.com.au.... It was great
Best Answer

Thank you @Battlegroup, but I can't seem to find the exact recipe. Was it called "Savory Beef Mince" or something else? Either way, the recipe section of the website as a whole is a keeper for me. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds delicious! I gotta try some of these.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I should have included the link 😉
https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/savoury-mince/
Best Answer

Not the healthiest option, but my family recipe book includes a lasagna-looking yumminess that substitutes pasta for fried ripe plantains. Smiley Tongue

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wintertime comfort foods for my family include "American goulash", ground beef and vegetable soup, and ground beef in a nutmeggy milk gravy over boiled potatoes with raw chopped onion to garnish. All kinda old-time recipes, but warming and fueling for after snow activities.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh that sounds great! I must find a recipe for it to try this week. Smiley Very Happy

This week I made the most delicious meatloaf ever, I loaded it with shredded carrot, zuccini and bell peppers to keep it on the chunky side without packing too many calories. Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

We used to buy the sides of beef and you sure do end up with a lot of burger.  I would make lots of meatloaf because the kids loved them and they reheat well.

Add a packet of taco seasoning to the mix, put in loaf pan, make a trench down the middle and fill with a layer of pepperjack cheese, then cover with the beef and bake for Taco loave, serve sliced in taco shells with lettuce and toppings

season with a package of beef gravy mix- make the trench and fill with sauted mushroms, peppers, and onions.

make and season as usual, fill with 1) steamed brocolli and cheddar cheese, or 2) creamed corn, then top with mashed potatoes

Italian seasoned meatballs stuffed with a chuck of mozzerella, or hot spicy seasoned meatballs stuffed with blue cheese.

Best Answer

'Naked Mac' Salad

I'm pretty much LCHF these days, and 'invented' this a while ago. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to think of it.

Per person:

4 oz ground beef, 3 Tbsp Thousand Island, abt 2c chopped lettuce, 1 oz good cheddar, 1/2 sliced/chopped pickle, abt 1/4c diced onion.

Make and start frying a beef patty, add onion after the flip, chop up a bit with the spatula, put shredded cheddar on top, cover to finish melting/cooking. Put lettuce on a plate, drizzle on the Thousand Island, add pickles, then slide the chunky beef/onion/cheese on top. Done in ten minutes total.

Everybody in the house loves this..the flavors are very close to what we all crave sometimes 🙂  Rob K

Warner Baxter won Best Actor 1930 for "In Old Arizona"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever try taco soup? You can make it in the crockpot overnight or while you are at work and it is wonderful without a lot of calories! Ground Beef - 1pd /Onion - 1 med / Taco Seasoning  1 regular / 1 hot (if not big on spice then use more regular seasoning) / Dark Red Pinto Beans - 1 Can / Light Red Pinto Beans - 1 Can / Petite diced Tomatoes - 1 Large Can / Rotel - 1 Large Can 

Brown beef then add onions and cook until translucent. While mixture is cooking add tomatoes, rotel, seasoning, and drained beans in the crockpot. Drain meat mixture and add to the crockpot mixture. Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Whole family will enjoy!

Best Answer
0 Votes