Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you heard of Halo Top?

With 240 calories per pint and a good source of protein, Halo Top is the superior low-calorie ice cream! With flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, and Lemon Cake, Halo Top has variety.

Tell me in the comments!
Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Never heard of it. So I googled. I did find a store near me. But Im leary of it. If its anything like Artic Zero I will pass as that stuff was nasty. It is high in Protein.

I will wait for some reviews before I even think about it Smiley Wink

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there @WendyB,

I have personally never heard of Arctic Zero, but thank you for informing me about it. If you're weary of ice creams that are "good sources of protein" — which is reasonable — then I would suggest just grabbing one to test it out. Halo Top comes in pints, so if you don't like it, then it's not like... a gallon. :D:D:D

If you can, grab Vanilla Bean. It leaves you with a blank slate, so feel free to add anything from fruit to chocolate.

If you take my word on it, I hope you find your new favorite high-protein, low-calorie ice cream.

Have a great day!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I heard some good reviews about it on the weight watchers site so I will give it a go.

Sounds Expensive though. $4.29- 5.99 for a pint

Will stop on my way home and see if I can get one.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope wont be getting any. I just read the ingredients.

Prebiotic fiber. It can also  be  listed as chicory root or inulin. My body will not tolerate this stuff at all.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Hey Wendy,

Sorry to hear that you can't have it.

Have a good day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t you hate it when they express the nutrition facts with units like "pint" or "half-cup", and force you to use a spreadsheet to get the standard values per 100 grams?

ht-web-elements_nutr-mintchip.png 

So here is the conversion (content for 100 g):

calories: 82

protein: 8

fat: 3

carbs: 19

This is for the lower-calorie flavours (240 cal. per "pint"). They also have higher-calorie flavours (280 cal.).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Sugar plus sugar alcohol is 9 per 'serving'. Nope..no way..never.

I would sooner have a 'serving' of the real stuff from a farmer's market...even then I would split it 🙂

Warner Baxter won Best Actor 1930 for "In Old Arizona"
Best Answer
Hi everyone,

🙂 That's okay. I just wanted to see if anyone knew about it 😄

Have a great day,
Kai
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought some yesterday.  I got the Vanilla Bean and it is very good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@2CZNAB 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried it today---got the strawberry flavor and it was SO good!  Milk is the first ingredient listed (and I try to avoid dairy but I might be making an exception for this stuff.  🙂 I haven't noticed any stomach upset or anything from it yet........

I have tried the Arctic Zero stuff and this was WAY better---that AZ is nasty!

Best Answer

I just stumbled across this a couple of weeks ago, and I am obsessed.  I've tried Sea Salt Caramel, Strawberry, and Pistachio.  They are all sooooo good!  I didn't care much for the Arctic Zero - it just didn't satisfy my sweet tooth.  But, HALO TOP - it's almost as good as the real thing.

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

They now have a vegan line, made with coconut milk. I got some chocolate a little while ago and just tried it tonight, and wow, it's really good. I definitely want to try other flavors.

So if you avoid dairy for any reason, check it out..

Best Answer

We have tried most of the flavors and honestly I don't like them. It's almost a gritty taste. I'm sure some folks love them, but to me it's not real ice cream  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a lot of the Halo Top flavors and overall I think they're pretty good. Some flavors aren't that great, but there are others that I like quite a lot (especially vanilla, strawberry, oatmeal cookie and some others). When they get a flavor right they REALLY get it right, imo. I find they scratch my ice cream itch pretty well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
With 240 calories per pint and a good source of protein, Halo Top is the superior low-calorie ice cream! With flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, and Lemon Cake, Halo Top has variety.

Tell me in the comments!

Heard of it.  I'll stick with the good stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Never heard of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Tried it and it's OK but I switched to a cheaper substitute. Breyer's "no sugar added" 80 Calories for a 1/2 cup serving. I top with Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup. Tastes like normal ice cream not something fluffed with air. My local store sells 3 Pint container for $2.99. That's $1 per pint. Not $4. I can live with the extra 20 calories per serving and save it somewhere else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the Oatmeal Cookie and Birthday Cake flavors and both are so good!

Best Answer
0 Votes