Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I figure out the calorie count and serving size?

I found this recipe on Facebook that I want to try, but I'm having trouble figuring out the calories count, plus what is considered a serving. Based on what I've come across already, it is a bit on the high side, but I feel like I'm still new at the whole food game as far as homemade foods, especially when there are a lot of ingredients involved.

I would image there are things that I can do to cut things out, or change altogether, but I feel like I'm wading in rough waters with this one. Here the information from the page if anyone can help me out - 

Chicken Tetrazzini

Ingredients
  • 16 oz linguine, cooked
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • 4 chicken breasts, cooked, diced
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • ½ tsp ground pepper
  • ½ cup chicken broth
  • 2 TB Parmesan cheese
  • 2 cup shredded mozzarella
Instructions
  1. Cook noodles according to box instructions. Set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup butter, cooked chicken, soup, sour cream, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Mix well and then add in cooked noodles.
  3. Spray a 9x13 pan and pour in noodle mixture. Sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. ENJOY!
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@CRSunrise, I did a Google search for a Chicken Tetrazzini, and found one on allrecipes.com that is very similar. It shows this:

Calories.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

So do you think I could do with the calorie count of 473, maybe pad it a little for my sanity. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the web version of FitBit you have an option to create a meal. Go to your dashboard and then click the tile for calories or food plan and click the "see more" at the bottom. It takes you to your calories and food plan page. On the right hand side of this screen you can create a meal. You could create a meal there with ingredients from the database and see how many calories it adds up to. It will also show the macro nutrients breakdown.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

@CRSunrise wrote:

I feel like I'm still new at the whole food game as far as homemade foods, especially when there are a lot of ingredients involved.

Do you have a kitchen scale, one that weighs to the gram? If so, put each ingredient on the scale and note the weight (in grams). It’s much more accurate than using "cups" or other confusing/unclear volume units. You can pretty much find the caloric content of everything per 100 grams (Google is your friend).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes