Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get away from boxed food?

I saw something interesting today. It said that one reason you may not be losing stomach fat is because "most of the food you eat is boxed".

My freezer is chock full of boxed food. I don't cook. I microwave stuff and throw things in the oven.

Not everything in my freezer is terrible. Some of it is boxed frozen vegetables. But a lot of it is taquitos, pizza, lean cuisine, etc.

How do I move away from the boxed food (without getting into cooking)? Going with pre-made grocery store meals doesn't seem like it'd be a better option.

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

I purchase fresh beef, chicken, turkey, and fish. We grill everything, so it only takes a few minutes and has fewer dishes.

Best Answer

Hi!

I was reading over what you had to say about boxed food.  Not sure this is going to be any help to you, but we don't do a whole lot of cooking either.  My wife and I go out a lot for lunch during the week.  Of course, you've probably already figured out we're retired folks.  Of course what you eat is all about the choice you make.  We do eat easy, simple, and most of all healthy!  Some people are totally opposed to processed foods.  Well, we're not.  We pickup "lean cuisine," and "healthy choice" items from the grocery store all the time.  You don't get very much, but we like them and they are healthy.  Sometimes, we'll heat up a vegetable to go along with the meals.  Oh, and all you have to do is pop the main course in the microwave!  We also do a lot of take out salads, grilled chicken sandwiches, and fish not fried!  We don't eat anything fried.  Anyway, I hope this has been even a little helpful.  I know it can be a challenge looking for something different to eat and finding something that's not a whole lot of trouble to prepare!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read the ingredients, If they have ingredients you can't pronounce, know what is: then put it back, if it contains High fructose corn syrup throw it away!! less sugar items, more protein. although keep in mind no action, more protein is not good. balance it out with lots of fruit and raw veggies. prep what you can prep on one serving bowls, bags, etc and then when you want something grap the prepped item. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Read the ingredients, If they have ingredients you can't pronounce, know what is: then put it back, if it contains High fructose corn syrup throw it away!! less sugar items, more protein. although keep in mind no action, more protein is not good. balance it out with lots of fruit and raw veggies. prep what you can prep on one serving bowls, bags, etc and then when you want something grab the prepped item. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand not wanting or having the capacity to cook but when it comes to your health there is a lot to take into consideration. Those box dinners you eat have a huge amount of Sodium, Preservatives, and fat which are not good for you. When it comes to what you eat if you cannot read and understand the ingredients you should leave it alone. To truly eat well and lose weight you need to eat clean food. Vegetables are a great choice always but also fruits, nuts, eggs, organic meat. If or when you make the change you will never regret it. And eating healthier is actually cheaper then all the extra junk food we buy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't mind eating leftovers so I will usually cook on my days off so that all I have to do is heat stuff up during the week.  This helps for better meal planning - and if you are short on time to cook - ohmygosh - I LOVE my Instant Pot.  I use it more than I use my stove. 

Best Answer
0 Votes