Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Fasting 60DAY Challenge

So recently I went on vacation. First time overseas, experienced IRELAND, great weather, everyone friendly! 10/10 would go back, and recommend this trip to anyone. Saw Dublin, Cork, Killarney & Galway. But with vacation comes eating out and drinking every night. It's easy to fall into bad habits on vacation which you can bring back after the vaca is over. I found myself eating burgers, having some beers on the regular. I guess after a week it can almost become a habit where your body craves these types of foods. SO, i said its time for a change... After listening to some podcasts & reading articles, I kept seeing "Intermittent Fasting." Without getting very technical, this diet includes eating around 7PM-8PM, then fasting until the next day till about 10AM-12:00PM (depending on your daily schedule, lifestyle). I am going to try this intermittent fasting program for 60 days. I will try and post some updates on how things are going. If your interested in joining my challenge, reach out, respond to this subject, and we can bounce some ideas! #TEAMNEVERQUIT 

-RC 6/18/18

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Here is an example of the Intermittent Fasting ..... Intermittent Fasting Guide.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been doing IF every day since January, throwing in an EF when I feel like it.

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response Alicat2104, how long does your EF usually last? I am interested in trying it, but also want to experience IF first to prepare my body-

-RC

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RUNCT_RC

Longest I've done was 121 hours, but 48 or 90 hours are more common. The longer fasts you do need to build up to and it's essential you keep yourself aware of the signals your body is giving you so you know to break the fast if necessary. I'm at 28 hours currently.

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Alicat2104

When you first started IF what kind of results did you see? What kinds of foods did you eat for lunch, dinner. I want to make sure when i eat for the first time in the day, i want it to be filling enough to keep me energized without thinking about a mid afternoon snack or a late night snack, any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s funny you mentioned the impact of overseas trips on eating/drinking and – as a consequence – weight, as I just started a topic on the matter a couple of days ago Smiley LOL. Now how long was your trip to Ireland, and how much extra weight did you gain as a result of it? Do you really need 60 days to recover from it? Or how did you pick the length of your IF challenge? When I’m away for 7 to 10 days, I can usually cancel the effects of the trip in 1-2 weeks.

I’m not into IF myself (in fact, my eating style is the exact opposite of IF – having 5-6 feedings per day), but I’ll be following your challenge with interest. The big advantage I see in IF is you have a lot less dish washing to do Smiley LOL.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RUNCT_RC I live a ketogenic lifestyle and carried on eating as normal, just within a smaller time-frame. The key, I've been told, is to still eat the same amount you would do normally but limited to the eating window. I stopped tracking / counting anything a year ago and have no doubt I'm consuming more calories than I used to, but am still gradually losing fat (I'm in no rush) and gaining muscle nicely.

Allie
Best Answer

Dominique, 

Thanks for your reply! I was in Ireland for 8 days. Got to see some amazing places out there, Dublin, Cork, Killarney, Galway.. would go back asap! I didn't put on much weight, but as an avid gym guy, it was hard to take a week off haha! I don't NEED 60 days for the IF, but i think its not only a physical challenge, but also mental! I try and set goals that are a challenge. The advantage of NOT doing dishes is 100% correct lol looking forward to it.. keep ya' posted, thanks- 

RC 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Allie, 

Thanks for the response, I am going to challenge myself through this 60 days! Good luck with your ongoing progress! 

RC

Best Answer

IF doesn't fit with my goals right now, but I am interested in how it works for you @RUNCT_RC, especially the limiting beer to between 7-8 PM part!  Please keep updating us.

I have a buddy who has been doing this for the past year or so.  He lost a fair amount of weight in the first few months (20-30 lbs).  Not a lot of weight loss since that time period, but he seems to have kept off what he lost.  He thinks his body eventually adapted to eating more during the non-fasting time period and that may have impacted his progress.  

I was curious as to whether he was hungry outside the "feed" periods, and he said that for the first few days he was, but that seemed to change quickly and he mostly became hungry when it was time to eat.  Might be a good technique for telling time 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scott, 

Thanks for your reply! DAY 1 was strong, mentally focused, Day 2.. a bit more tough, felt hungry towards the end of the night, 8:45-9:00PM. Of course I'll try my best to keep updating throughout the week(s), thanks! 

-RC

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @RUNCT_RC.  How is the experiment going?

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Scott, 

Challenge is going really well, I really haven't weighed in, but I do see some change in my energy levels. I feel much more energized in the early morning (I workout around 5AM).  I used to have my dinner around 730-8PM, then found myself snacking around 10PM. I used to feel a bit more sluggish, but with my dinner now around 630-7, then a light snack 7:30, I can tell a difference in the morning. I have a protein bar around 10:00AM, then lunch 12:00PM. I enjoy running after work to clear my head, and again, I feel much more energized! I figured I will weigh in during the 30 day mark (middle of the 60day challenge). Thanks for asking! 

-RC

Best Answer

@RUNCT_RC wrote:

I figured I will weigh in during the 30 day mark (middle of the 60day challenge).

Wow, I would never trust myself to stay on track if weighing once a month!

I’m so OCD (when in weight loss mode) I enter my daily weigh-ins every morning in Excel and have a formula that replicates the latest weigh-in (e.g. 62.5 kg today) until the next Monday, which is when I get the average for the past week:

2018-06-28_0926.png

I then look at the data in graphical form:

2018-06-28_0929.png

Based on the slope of the green curve, I adjust my eating and my activity for the remaining days of the week so as to match the targeted pace (for instance, right now I would like to ride the red curve, since I’m on vacation and have optimal conditions for being more active).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dominique,

Wow! impressive! solid tracking method, I am pretty consistant with my diet, and my eating times throughout the day. Mixing in a good run every day, and weights in the morning keep my mental focused. I started an excel spreadsheet of what I eat daily, but not to the extent of of the graphs and such. Best of luck! 

-RC

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RUNCT_RC — sounds like you have adapted well to the eating schedule, and my guess is that your daily calories will drop if for no other reason that IF eliminates a lot of snacking opportunities.  Restricting opportunities to eat will likely restrict how much you eat.

I’m am like @Dominique in that I prefer the daily feedback of a weigh-in though I pay more attention to the moving average calculated by TrendWeight than the actual number on the scale in the morning. But I like your approach for this challenge of focusing on how the IF is making you feel rather than daily weight changes, and it is good to hear that it is not causing you hunger and that you are not pigging out when it is eating time.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been fasting for the past month, this isn't the first time I've been on a fasting diet, for me it works really well, i lost a bunch of weight really fast. I do a 16 hour fast, I eat between 2pm and 10pm, if the last 3 weeks I've lost 10Ibs

Best Answer