Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto Warriors

I have been following a ketogenic woe since October. It has helped eliminate my chronic migraines,  I have more energy, I'm in a better mood, and I've lost 20 pounds. I am so excited to continue this lifestyle into 2018 and have a goal of losing 40 pounds by June. I love having accountability buddies and am looking to friend other Keto Warriors! I am also on MFP and would love to share success stories, recipes, tips and tricks, and support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I've been trying to do keto on and off all last year. I'm always trying to learn more recipes 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome! I would love to do a recipe swap! What are your favorite keto recipes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started Dr. Bredesen's KetoFlex 12/3 protocol 5 weeks ago (mid April 2018).  My 92 y.o. mother suffers from dementia that may be Alzheimer's.  I have one of the Alzheimer's allele which increase risk of Alz by 30%.  

With a 5% carb/25% protein/70% fat diet I have been able to control the water retention issues I have had since menopause, lose 3 pounds of fat, and reduce possible inflammation in knee.  

I use CarbManager https://www.carbmanager.com/ to track carbs.  With premium edition ($39.99/yr) it syncs with Fitbit and gives you access to good recipes.  The recipes have helped me discover no carb foods that I don't normally eat in abandon like cocoa and 100% chocolate.  

Haven't gotten to consistent ketosis yet.  Still working on that.

How long did it take you to get into ketosis?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rosiedoodle@Britt23, and @missyalyssie -- you may also wish to connect with @Alicat2104 and @SunsetRunner and others posting to the Keto threads.

Also, there is a lot of traffic on Ketogenicforums.com which is run by the guys who have the 2 Ketodudes Podcast.  They have a lot of help for people who are attempting Keto.

Best Answer

@Daves_Not_Here I'm not really into keto and never was 🙂 I practise MMA - "Mixed Macronutrients Arts" 😄 So I do low/lower carb but same on other occasions I adjust everything differently - all must suit here-and-now. Sometimes I need more carbs, sometimes proteins, sometimes fats but all in all everything turns into more or less balanced diet ( hopefully more 😉 ). An example of going lower-carb could be not only when I want to lose any weight ( not much to lose anymore ) but for example, I want to make sure that I won't get too hungry anytime soon. Last weekend I went to "Foodies Festival". Lots of delicious and tempting food. Good low-carb and higher-fat, medium-protein breakfast was sending a signal "you're not hungry" for very long time. Of course, I did try some dishes as it would be a waste to go there and not have anything but it's nice to feel that you're not hungry and try food just for flavours without wolfing down a whole platter. On my cardio days I do more carbs, also carbs + fats on less active but working days ( my brain simply needs carbs when I'm at work, fats help to feel satiety ). On the other hand, weight and strength training backed with proteins. It's all about adjustments and being able to predict. I don't have a rule, trying to adjust on-the-go and cherry pick ideas ( lots of them I actually get from Fitbit community 🙂 ).

Best Answer