Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keto and paleo

Anyone know if it’s healthy to eat no red meat and dairy free keto? I know keto is supposed to be high fat, but I don’t eat red meat so my beers and leaner and I can’t eat dairy product. Suggestions?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It would be fine, plenty of people avoid dairy on keto and red meat is not compulsory.

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jenniferm98 -- here are some links:

Comprehensive guide to vegan ketogenic diet

How to eat a keto diet when you're plant-based

Plant based approach to keto (read this first)

My experience?  I eat Keto and love it; however, when I try to increase vegetables for more fiber and micro-nutrients, I struggle -- my cravings increase and energy is lower.  My opinion?  Keto is restrictive, vegan is restrictive -- together they're restrictive squared.  Very difficult to sustain (particularly before you are adapted) unless you have a higher tolerance for carbs.

You asked for suggestions -- I'd ask why you are interested in Keto in the first place, given your dietary restrictions.  A better fit for you might be eating plant-based whole food.  My suggestion is to also look at that and see if would work better for you.

Best Answer

"Real" keto, in the medical sense, is dairy free.... That's not what I do, but it definitely can be done. As for red meat - sure... It can be easily done with fish and poultry. Your fats can come from white meat, coconut, olive and avocado oils, nuts, avocado.... 

Best Answer