Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ketosis on the go

Hey guys, first time posting on the forums so KIIIIINDA excited to see what I hear back. I live with someone who has been working hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and trying to lose weight. Recently she started trying to do a ketogenic lifestyle and me, as the kinda "domestic dad" of the house that handles the kids and meal prep while she works,  am responsible for everything she cooks and takes to work. What I would like to do is prep meals by the week that can.be frozen and taken to work kinds like t.v. dinners but they all have to be keto friendly. Problem is she doesn't always have her food in the fridge so it's gotta something that would keep, say, in the back of a car. Any recipe suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'm assuming she'd be able to take an ice chest or lunch box, right?

Pretty much any keto recipe would last until lunchtime, but would she have a way to heat it up?  Otherwise, I'd say get a soup Thermos and do things like broccoli cheddar soup, zuppa toscana, beef stew (using low carb veg), brisket, pulled pork, etc.  They'd have to be heated in the morning and put in the container, but they'd be still be hot for quite a while.

The vast majority of keto recipes freeze pretty well.  I've made lasagna using the same basic method as this, and it froze pretty well: http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/easy-protein-noodle-lasagna/

I cook up chicken breasts in the crockpot or Instant pot with either spaghetti sauce or salsa, and those freeze pretty well.  You just need to add veggies to the container.  Chicken broccoli alfredo is pretty fast and easy - just cook broccoli (I use the steamer bags), add alfredo, add chunks of chicken (like from a rotisserie or already cooked chicken thighs) or a can of chicken, and portion out.

Good luck (and let me know if you try anything that's fabulous)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely hard boiled eggs! 

- Check into different kinds of cheeses and send those sliced up (careful some have carbs).

- celery sticks

- pepperoni to go with the cheese

Does she have a microwave?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For emergency snacking needs, you can turn to things like nuts, jerky, and some packaged products like the low carb protein bars from Quest and Costco. Just watch for added sugars. Anything with more than 2 carbs per serving is on the AVOID list.

@ThatOnePWNS wrote:

Hey guys, first time posting on the forums so KIIIIINDA excited to see what I hear back. I live with someone who has been working hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and trying to lose weight. Recently she started trying to do a ketogenic lifestyle and me, as the kinda "domestic dad" of the house that handles the kids and meal prep while she works,  am responsible for everything she cooks and takes to work. What I would like to do is prep meals by the week that can.be frozen and taken to work kinds like t.v. dinners but they all have to be keto friendly. Problem is she doesn't always have her food in the fridge so it's gotta something that would keep, say, in the back of a car. Any recipe suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes