Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kombucha. What are your thoughts on it?

I personally LOVE Kombucha. The potential health benefits and taste are what sold me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm really glad it works for you. It not something I will do

Good luck!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s great you’ve found a drink that has mostly the qualities of water (although it does containm a few calories) and appears to have no significant harmful effects. However, I wouldn’t put too much faith in its alleged beneficial effects on your organs or general health. A healthy liver doesn’t need to be detoxified. If it’s been seriously damaged (for instance, by years of heavy alcohol consumption), it’s not going to be repaired by drinking any "magical" beverage, be it kombucha or something else. Same with pancreas: why do you think your pancreas function would need to be improved? I doubt there are any serious studies pointing to significant improvements of an impaired pancreas by drinking kombucha.

Generally speaking, I think it’s better to focus on the fundamentals and on your diet as a whole, rather than on any of its individual components. No food is absolutely good or bad by itself. As long as you’re eating a balanced diet that has you maintain a healthy weight (or will let you reach a healthy weight), you should be good to go and still have room for a little bit of "bad" foods if you want. And a crappy/suboptimal diet won’t be saved by any single "magical" food, no matter how potent it is.

Here is what Precision Nutrition (a site with a lot of excellent content on the subject of nutrition) has to say about kombucha: http://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-kombucha

Because of price alone, I’d rather stick to plain water and regular tea. 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I love Kombucha as well! I drink Kombucha once a week as the only place I can get it is far away from my house. Health benefits are the best. Maybe I should drink more. 

My Kombucha producer is making some Kombucha Beer; have no idea how's it like, but I'll try it someday. 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I LOVE kombucha. I make my own in big batches.

Every morning I drink some made with honey/green tea and coffee/regular tea/maple syrup.

Then at night I drink some of the green tea/honey but with added sleepy-time tea or herbal tea.

I over-ferment mine though because I am not big on the sweetness of regular kombucha and prefer mine a lot more tart.

Best Answer

I'm OK with kombucha as long as I don't have to drink it. 🙂

Last time I had a cold I couldn't shake, one of my alternative-reality friends strongly recommended I try kombucha, whereupon, not knowing any better, I proceeded to inflict it upon myself.  I got temporary relief from the cold as I was distracted by the adverse experience of drinking kombucha.

He asked me how I liked it, I told him of all the fluids I've ingested in my life, that was one of them.  Now, anytime he comes up with a bright idea, I say yeah but remember you made me drink kombucha that one time!

Best Answer

I think it tastes great, but a bit expensive. Low calorie and a good change up from water and unsweetened tea.  And surely much better than soda, whether high or low calorie! I generally like fermented products and make some of my own to reduce cost (yogurt pretty much every week, and beer every couple months).  Making kumbuca is not as easy as making yogurt, but not all that hard — similar in effort to making beer from a kit.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer