Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro-nutrient Breakdown Option?

A tile option on the home screen within the app that displays macro-nutrient data such as total carbohydrates, protein, and fat intake would be amazing!

This would render several other apps that focus solely on this data obsolete. Just an idea that would improve the already awesome Fitbit!
Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

If you use the food log - it has that. 

For example, when I "make a meal" or "make a food" - I can enter the macro and micro nutrients and see the total of my macros for the day. (not sure about micronutrients - but I know that information can be entered) 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer
0 Votes

That be wonderful @dbrady

Seeing you already suggested here

Have Fun

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACTLY! I currently use the FitPal app for that reason. Macros for protein, carbs and fat would be amazing to have on the app!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OTOH, why reinvent the wheel, since MFP is already doing it and the Fitbit & MFP apps integrate with each others? The integration between the two offers the best of both worlds.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like this is available in the web version (not the mobile app) but only if you have the premium plan.  I agree it would be great if this info was just available since you're taking the time to log the info.  Most of the reason I started tracking the food intake was for the macros, and not just total calories.

Best Answer

@PeteGG

I see the breakdown of the foods without having a premium plan though. If you click the tile for calories or food tracking in the web version, it opens a page and just below the food plan it shows the breakdown of the food I had that day.

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes its there for the web version but it is more convenient to have access to that information from the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Esya I see it now, Thanks!  I must have missed that, but yes that is very helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes