Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding out what I should be eating.

Hey there everyone, I've had my fitbit surge for quite some time now, and I use to use the calorie counter every single time I'd eat something, but because I do Muay Thai Boxing, I can't track that exercise, so my calorie intake and outtake can't really be calculated. 

Is there any way to really be able to calculate what I should be eating with my training?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@CallumRaw: your Surge has a generic type of exercise called "WORKOUT". You can use that for Muay Thai Boxing, or any other type of exercise not formally identified by your Fitbit. It may fail to fully realize the intensity of that exercise (and credit you with too few calories burned), but in the grand scheme of things, it shouldn’t make that much of a difference: there are 24 x 7 = 168 hours in a week, and you are burning calories during each of these hours. Even if you do 5 hours of thai boxing per week and even if Fitbit underestimates energy expenditure during these 5 hours by 50%, it won’t throw out the total amount of calories, which is an educated estimate anyway. Just track your intake and your expenditure on a daily level, not on the basis of a single exercise (not matter how intense it is). 

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information, but I'm unable to wear my Fitbit as I train for safety reasons. And I see what you're saying, but I train 3 days a week, and in those days, I could sometimes 'over eat' when in reality, I actually did train and lose calories.

Sorry for the late reply, I clicked post but it must not of sent, but it was saved as a draft.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One option that you have is to utilize the Manual Tracker that is under the Activities Log. Although there most likely isn't a Muay Thai Boxing option, there is a Boxing option and that will give you a ballpark estimate if you log the time that you train.

Best Answer
0 Votes