Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One3One By Chalene Johnson - Are you doing it?

Is anyone in the fitbit community going to try this approach? I think this is really going to be a break through program. It is a program that teaches you how to figure out if your body is processing things correctly and what is the right diet for you as a person. It's not a one size fits all and she has done TONS of research and even a study. I ask this because I plan on doing it but I also know that I will need an accountability partner. Now I don't mean just a person that says "Go you, you are doing great" I mean someone that is willing to call me out because I know I need called out. And I would be happy to do the same. I just don't want it to turn into a thing where at first it seems like a great idea and it lasts a day and then the person drops off the face of the earth. 

Please let me know if you are interested. I really want to do this program but I know better than to go it alone as I need the accountability. 

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

@SunsetRunner wrote:

she has done TONS of research and even a study.!

Do you have pointers to the research / study? Asking, because I couldn’t find any on the One3One site. In the "about" section, I merely see mentions that she’s a "celebrity fitness trainer", the "number 1 female in direct marketing for her fitness infomercials" and that she and her husband Bret have "built and sold many multi-million dollar fitness and lifestyle businesses". Not exactly the kind of credentials that impress me.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Best Answer

Listen to her podcast The Chalene Show. She does interviews with doctors all the time. Up to you. She’s not for everyone though. The website is https://131diet.com/

Best Answer

It is essentially an elimination diet to see what causes inflammation in your body. There is so much information I can’t explain it all. She has been working with a team of doctors, dietitians, and researchers to create this program. It’s truly awesome. 

Best Answer

@MagsOnTheBeach wrote:

Here is info about the beta test: https://fallingwithstyle.co/2017/04/04/chalene-johnsons-beta-diet-test/

Thanks, @MagsOnTheBeach! This gives a pretty good overview of what the diet is like. I didn’t see much "ground-breaking" stuff: there was the usual getting rid of junk food / favouring healthy eating (whole food, veggies, fruits etc.), a bit of keto, fasting etc. I personally wouldn’t pay $97 (*) every four months for that, but hopefully it will work for people who choose that approach.

(*) The sign-up page says it’s a one-off payment:

2017-11-16_1027.png

while the FAQ (on the same page) says you either have to repurchase the program after 16 weeks or subscribe to the ONE3ONE Club (with no mention of what the subscription fee is):

2017-11-16_1029.png

No wonder Chalene and her husband have "built and sold many multi-million dollar fitness and lifestyle businesses".

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Best Answer

I’m doing the first group of One3one. Did you decide to sign up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Amber -

I just signed up for the 12/18 start date.  Hope to see you there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this going for you?  I was considering joining for what looks like it would be a Jan 1st start. But I have just spend SO much money on different plans, hate to see more cash leave my hands- but if this could be "the one"- then it is worth it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you are like me and constantly on a “diet”, and if you are always struggling with cravings, not losing weight despite eating healthy and giving up when it doesn’t work then it’s for you. The wealth of info they provide even if you don’t stick to the program is totally worth the money. I’m going into week 5 and have lost 8 pounds. Unsure of inches. I will be measuring myself Monday. I haven’t been perfect and have had major chocolate and carb binges and have still lost weight despite this. It’s a whole new learning process for me personally and I plan of sticking with this program for the next year. I don’t think this program is for everyone. It depends on your goal. I went into the program not knowing anything about it. For me it was to lose a couple pounds. It’s turned into so much more than that. Initially you might not understand the program and and process and might feel a little lost the first week or 2, but I can guarantee that by about a month or so in you will have learned so much about your body. It’s all science based so when you understand WHY our bodies respond certain ways to diets it makes a big difference physiologically, or at least it has for me. For me I’ve loved it all. However like I said it might not be for everyone, or if you have been on keto, vegan, intermittent fasting, carb cycling than you might not be interested. It isn’t anyone of those diets but you will be incorporating them throughout the process if you choose. Like I said though just all the info they provide, interviews with drs and all kinds of stuff is well worth the money. I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Did you end up starting this?? How is it going? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Amber! I went ahead and signed up. Sounds like something I will enjoy and need to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem;-). I wish you success. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions. One piece of advice is to not go too crazy with the shipping list they provide. Pick what you like. Make a couple recipes and see if you like cooking with them. I bought stuff I didn’t end up liking like liquid stevia for example. I hate it. But did purchase some other sweeteners from the video talking about them and have enjoyed using them. Everything on the list is expensive so pick and choose what you think you will use in the next 4 weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious- which sweeteners did you end up liking? Thanks! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been using erythritol and xylitol. They both don’t seem to have any weird aftertaste to me like stevia does

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Are there items sold via the program that are not available elsewhere? 

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not really. They are trying to sell water bottles but nothing else so far.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started One 3 One at the end of November.   So far so good.   I am learning quite a bit.  I feel like I already was aware of many of the foods that cause problems for me, but this really puts it in perspective. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is $150 now. 

Best Answer

wrote:

It is $150 now. 

They have also changed the wording of the "What happens when the Program expires?" section of their FAQ (as well as introduced a typo in it):

2018-01-27_1023.png

They no longer speak of a subscription, but they don’t say what the "current renewal rate" is (just like they didn’t say previously what the subscription fee was). Not very upfront IMO.

Dominique | Finland

Best Answer
0 Votes