Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One3One By Chalene Johnson - Are you doing it?

Is anyone in the fitbit community going to try this approach? I think this is really going to be a break through program. It is a program that teaches you how to figure out if your body is processing things correctly and what is the right diet for you as a person. It's not a one size fits all and she has done TONS of research and even a study. I ask this because I plan on doing it but I also know that I will need an accountability partner. Now I don't mean just a person that says "Go you, you are doing great" I mean someone that is willing to call me out because I know I need called out. And I would be happy to do the same. I just don't want it to turn into a thing where at first it seems like a great idea and it lasts a day and then the person drops off the face of the earth. 

Please let me know if you are interested. I really want to do this program but I know better than to go it alone as I need the accountability. 

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

Run away from this... The only one who benefits are the people selling this. 

Best Answer

I have been a follower if Chalene's for a long time and she doesn't do anything halfway. She's an excellent mentor. I have spoken with her and her family multiple times and I have friends who have taken workshops from her in Cali. She gives so much in extra value. The majority of people who she helps, she helps for free. She's made the money she has made because her products are EXCELLENT. You will get way more value out of the program than the money you put in by comparison. If you have doubts, follow her podcast or send her a snap. She often sends voice messages back within the day.

Don't listen to the haters. At best they don't know her, and at worst they are jealous.

Best Answer
I appreciate you taking your time to respond to my post.  I believe everything you wrote.  I truly believe Chalene is a lovely person.  I don't take issue with her as a person.  She's actually extremely good at her job. 
I feel bad for people who fall victim to these trendy fad diets.  They are expensive and completely not necessary.  I spent a few hours trying to learn as much as I could about this new  diet program.  What I learned was sad.  It claims to not be a diet.  It claims to be a plan tailored to the individuals specific DNA.  It claims to balance hormones and eliminate inflammation in the body. 
Its a load of crap! 
The people marketing this plan are using all of the trendy buzz words of the day.  I didn't see a single thing that mentioned participants actually giving blood to have their DNA looked at.  I didn't see a single thing talking about how a medical professional goes over your blood work to determine if you even need your hormones "balanced" in the first place. 
The idea of using DNA to design the "perfect" diet has been debunked many times... There just isn't evidence to support that. 
Its shameful. 
Its a restriction diet where  cut out entire food groups... It's not new or necessary.  I hope for your well being, youre about to someday break free from that diet mentality and start living! 
Best wishes 💕
Best Answer
Thank you so much for your sweet response. I am not a dieter and believe in
a healthy lifestyle. I am not really aware of Chalene calling it a diet
tailored to your DNA, but I will take you at your word. Chalene is a big
advocate for integrative medicine. For the amount she is charging she isn't
taking blood in her program I am sure, but she probably encourages it.
(That bloodwork costs thousands of dollars btw and I am currently preparing
to have mine drawn). Chaleme ia certainly an expert marketer but I will
never believe she is intentionally deceptive. It sounds like you have done
your research. I would also encourage you to listen to the free content she
puts out on her podcast to get a better judge of her character. She gives
some really great health info on there. I would particularly recommend the
episode on sleep with Shawn Stevenson.

Much love! ❤✌
Best Answer

I have been researching this! I love Chalene!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Curious? Did you end up doing the one3one method?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No.  It's just another restriction fad diet like the rest of them.  Id recommended you check out Heather Robinson over at Half Size Me if you are looking to lose weight and leave dieting in the past. 

Sent Alissa's super amazing Samsung Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for reply. I actually have done the program and it is not a "fad diet". but i can see from you past post that you have strong feelings and assumptions about it without truly knowing all the facts. Thanks for our concern and suggestions.

~JasME

Best Answer
It's just like any other diet.  There's nothing magical or special about it.  You restrict severely to lose weight. It works temporarily while you do it, but you gain the weight back after you stop restricting. 

Best Answer

I didn't either. Well, actually I signed up then regretted it and didnt use the materials past first week. I emailed them asking for a refund and they never got back to me. Luckily I had used Paypal and was refunded due to them never responding. I decided I was better off starting a good exercise program and just eating in moderation (that can be continued as a lifestyle change instead of a fad diet). I'm sure this works for some ppl, and I think Chalene does some cool stuff- but after I signed up, I really felt like this was a giant money grab. After I emailed asking for a refund and was never responded to, then I KNEW this was a very non-personal platform. No thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no!  That's too bad.  I read everything I could find about the program and it seemed like a money maker... Not something liveable for the long term. 

Best Answer

I did not. I do Chalene workout programs and love her, but decided not to spend the money on this program. I am doing more research and study on nutrition and just trying to clean up my diet - I had no trouble maintaining my weight when I was eating clean and exercising regularly! 

Best Answer

I started at the end of November and did the 12 week program.  I followed as closely as I could.  I lost about 7 lbs of the 10 lbs I wanted to lose.  I was already eating pretty clean when I started so I didn't have the quick results some people have when they stop eating junk.  Now I am just trying to eat clean and exercise more.  I found I do not enjoy tracking my diet and keeping food journals.  I will say Chalene is motivating and fun to follow.  I enjoy PIYO. 

Best Answer

Hi!  I am curious if you did this program and what your thoughts about it were?  I have been looking at programs to reset my metabolism and am quite interested in this.  Your feedback is appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I read as much as I could about this program and decided that it was nothing I wanted anything to do with. If you are looking to reset your metabolism I would either work with a professional dietitian or nutritionist. Or I would maybe look at Matt Stone he has a couple books about the diet recovery and Heather Robinson with half size me support team deal with that issue. This is another diet that relies on restricting and anytime you restrict you are not going to help your metabolism it's just going to make your metabolism worse.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your metabolism isn’t "boosted" or "reset" by following any particular diet, eating some special foods or avoiding others. It’s primarily regulated by energy balance: if you keep over-eating, it will speed up; if you keep under-eating, it will slow down. If someone wants to lose weight, they need to be in a caloric deficit, which in and of itself will slow down their metabolism. So trying to lose weight and "boost" metabolism at the same time is not really possible.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
No you're correct that's exactly why I told that other poster not to follow this restriction diet and go look at a couple other resources that talk about resetting your metabolism.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Information on this diet is so limited. I would sign up if I actually knew what it was. I think it's an elimination diet with some ketosis and fasting mixed in. Can anyone who has done it tell us what it was?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your very thoughtful response.  I absol6must disagree with you on this.
The claim about this being tailored to your DNA comes straight from the one3one website.  I didn't even have to click on anything to find these statements, they are right on the main screen when you visit 131method.com
"That's why 'dieters' find themselves starting over again and again and again.  It's time to restore the true meaning of 'diet' and find 'a way of eating' designed specifically for you-your body, your DNA, your lifestyle." 
It goes on to say:
"How its Different" 
"There is no 'one size fits all' approach.  And calorie counting, chasing the latest diet trend, portion control and impossible food rules don't work.  We don't need to be 'on a diet.'  'We need to' have a diet' specifically customized for our DNA, gut health, and individual makeup.  That's exactly what we've created!"
This is a diet that requires restrictions, just like any other diet out there.  You may not realize you are restricting calories, but you are.  You are restricting entire food groups.  When you cut out food groups like carbohydrates, you are restricting how many calories you are able to eat. 
Keto is one of the most restrictive diets out there!  It also shouldn't be attempted without doctor supervision.  Talk about impossible food rules! 
How do the creators of this diet know if your hormones are even out if balance?  How do they know the current state of your gut health?  How can they create a way to eat "specifically customized for our DNA" if they aren't doing any medical tests on each person prior to starting the diet? 
The website is full of trendy diet buzz words and popular phrases.  This is just another expensive diet trap. 
The real reason dieters find themselves starting over again and again is because they fall victim to stupid diets like this one!  

Best Answer
It's an expensive diet trap!  Please spare yourself and walk away! 

Best Answer
0 Votes